franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

hi

I find this mod really really great

but I have a problem when I lleights OPFOR pack with charging I get the following error message:

bin config.bin/cfgweapons/lop_57mmLauncher/burst/:cannot find base class "burst"

can someone help me further?

sorry for my bad english

hi

I find this mod really really great

but I have a problem when I lleights OPFOR pack with charging I get the following error message:

bin config.bin/cfgweapons/lop_57mmLauncher/burst/:cannot find base class "burst"

can someone help me further?

sorry for my bad english

You got the wrong topic dude, it's NOT related to Franze & Nodunit's work. Simply delete all the Mi8 files from the LOP folder. I don't know why you posted here seriously, get on the Leight's topic for further help.

snip

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I found out that some of the issues I ran into with the AH-64D was mainly issues on my end. For example, the cursor issue was related to the fact that I used the mouse to orient the helicopter (or gun, if I was gunner) and also had "Head Tracking" enabled so I could click buttons. It's a little wonky to work with as a gunner, but as a pilot, I simply removed my keybinds to fly with mouse and instead use my Saitek X55 HOTAS instead. The flight model feels much nicer when flown with a stick, anyway.

As for the FCR radar, I think it may be an issue on my end. However, I am able to pickup friendly vehicles (including civilian vehicles) on the FCR and on the TSD. I'm also testing this with the Block II. I basically do the necessary startup procedure, spool up the main rotor, and click onto the FCR page. Then I select the FCR addAction to get the radar to start sweeping. And from there, I'll go fly a few kilometers to the AO and hover at low altitudes, usually masking behind trees and terrain to avoid being shot down by the Tigris. However, I've yet to get the contacts to appear on the FCR. I think I was able to get enemy contacts on the FCR when testing in SP with an already flying placed AH-64D in the mission, to avoid the startup.

I also just saw a video from a real Apache gunner's perspective a pilot being hit from small arms fire, so it makes sense that a .50 can be devastating as well. Who knew. :P

As for the FCR radar, I think it may be an issue on my end. However, I am able to pickup friendly vehicles (including civilian vehicles) on the FCR and on the TSD.

That is normal, a radar echo is a radar echo. So, there's no distinction between friend or foe. That's why PFZ exists. ;) However, I wonder if there is an IFF fonction on the real bird.

Supposedly the thing can distinguish between friendly and enemy vehicle signatures and the aircraft itself has an IFF transponder and receiver (which I'm assuming would link up with the FCR). But being able to instantly identify friend from foe doesn't make for very interesting gameplay.

In theory it could. In reallity the thing cant see the difference between the open back of a truck and a radar dish.

Good day everyone !

I might have found out a new bug, concerning our lovely bird. It was tested on my Arma 3 Ubuntu dedicated server. Dunno if it is specific to all Linux/Ubuntu servers, but there it is...

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1428021447-screenshot18684.png (2770 kB)

It appears than the bird spawns everytime at half a meter from the ground. When you manage to get in, of course the bird get back down, but explode as the height is higher enough to make it self-destroy with you on board. Any clue gentlemen ?

If possible please check for this bug with other addons as well to confirm wether or not it is specific to this one. I'd do it myself but don't gots either of those operation systems.

Tested on a clean mission, on Altis/Takistan/Zargabad with a clean helipad without any objects nearby. Same bug happens. At first sight I was affraid it was caused by our ALiVE systems which involves "virtualisation", but the bird wasn't being virtualized in any way, so I just wanted to be sure ALiVE wasn't the cause - well it's not. When you shoot the bird, it doesn't even land back on the pad, it just stays a bit lower, but still in midair. Actually if you get in, you have 1/2 chance to get blow up with it. Anyway, everything works good on editor and I suppose, on Windows servers aswell since we had a virtual server last month. Might be related to a new BIS update ? Five months ago I was running the same mods and exactly the same Ubuntu dedicated server for my squad, and everything was alright (until the infamous aircraft slides on the ground issue). This new issue affects only the AH-64D.

Mods involved: All in Arma Standalone, AGM, ALiVE, TFR, RHS.

NOTE: I used to put those following lines in the chopper's init field to get our maps and stuff. Those animates functions don't work anymore (eg. previous screen) on the spawn wheareas it used to work for months. Something is wrong here. Even when it will respawn (when destroyed), it will still float in midair, even if you shoot it, and with doors close. Furthermore, even with an empty init field, the bug occurs.

fza_ah64_mapsizearea = 8000; fza_ah64_maplist = ["images\Zargabad_ca.paa"]; this animate ["pdoor", 1]; this animate ["gdoor", 1];

EDIT: Found a workaround, using this allowdamage false; pretty cheaty, but at least the bird don't explode when falling from midair, however animate function does still not work on Ubuntu dedicated server (while it works on the editor), but the bird lands on his wheels when you shoot a bullet at it. Arma logic.

Edited by Sacha34200

Tested on a clean mission, on Altis/Takistan/Zargabad with a clean helipad without any objects nearby. Same bug happens. At first sight I was affraid it was caused by our ALiVE systems which involves "virtualisation", but the bird wasn't being virtualized in any way, so I just wanted to be sure ALiVE wasn't the cause - well it's not. When you shoot the bird, it doesn't even land back on the pad, it just stays a bit lower, but still in midair. Actually if you get in, you have 1/2 chance to get blow up with it. Anyway, everything works good on editor and I suppose, on Windows servers aswell since we had a virtual server last month. Might be related to a new BIS update ? Five months ago I was running the same mods and exactly the same Ubuntu dedicated server for my squad, and everything was alright (until the infamous aircraft slides on the ground issue). This new issue affects only the AH-64D.

Mods involved: All in Arma Standalone, AGM, ALiVE, TFR, RHS.

NOTE: I used to put those following lines in the chopper's init field to get our maps and stuff. Those animates functions don't work anymore (eg. previous screen) on the spawn wheareas it used to work for months. Something is wrong here. Even when it will respawn (when destroyed), it will still float in midair, even if you shoot it, and with doors close. Furthermore, even with an empty init field, the bug occurs.

EDIT: Found a workaround, using this allowdamage false; pretty cheaty, but at least the bird don't explode when falling from midair, however animate function does still not work on Ubuntu dedicated server (while it works on the editor), but the bird lands on his wheels when you shoot a bullet at it. Arma logic.

Plot twist: Nevermind, even when using "this allowdamage false;" the helicopter is still vulnerable and able to explode. I've also figured out this:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/15/1428691154-screenshot880427.png (2350 kB)

Once you're in, the aircraft spawn with that throttle configuration which is absolutely abnormal, that results also with frozen MFDs (whiches stay black). The only way to cure this is to force a respawn using the vehicle respawn module and a trigger, so the next time you get in (if you don't explode yet) you'll have a clean normal configuration with working MFDs

Hello,

is anyone aware about some visual/key mulfunctions on IHADSS. It flashes from gree to white very quickly changing also weapons mode. It happened yesterday just after i moved to the new version of CBA.

Hello,

is anyone aware about some visual/key mulfunctions on IHADSS. It flashes from gree to white very quickly changing also weapons mode. It happened yesterday just after i moved to the new version of CBA.

Hello there, it did happen even before CBA update. Might be a placebo, but if you get an AI as a gunner, it should work normally. Were you flying alone without any gunner ?

Hello,

Never happened before. I was playing as gunner and my friend as pilot.

Hey guys, Is it possible to link the waypoints set in the TSD page with the default arma (shift + click) map waypoint? I modified the symbol to match that of the apache's fly-to cue, for my HMDs MOD. Here's a pic of it.

If you guys are able to match it with your waypoint's it would definetely add up!

As mission designer, how would I set the skin of the helicopter? I'm using the British Army skin from the texture pack. I can get it to load in testing, but I have no idea how to set it as the default/only skin available.

I'm not on the coding side of things, mainly visual but I think if you place the texture into your mission folder and then in the init path add a string pointing to that location then it should work, same as the scheme menu.

For example C:\Skins\Myskin1_co.paa.

To set a default skin, you'll need a delayed timer/script to initialize the skin.

myskin = [vehicle player,"fza_ah64_us\tex\ex\229arb_co.paa"] execvm "\fza_ah64_controls\scripting\damage\skins.sqf";

Where vehicle player is the name of the helicopter and the quotes are the skin path. You will need to do this for every helicopter you want to have a different default skin.

Hello!

Thanks for the amazing mod, it looks awesome and works great, we would like to use the mod in our units modpack to play with during operations

(ARMA 3).

There is one small thing that is keeping us from using it however.

Seems like whenever there is a player controlled pilot + a player controlled gunner, the gunsight lags behind where you move your mouse to aim, like it takes time to update the crosshair & gun position (3 seconds) to where the gunner is actually looking.

This problem does not occur with player controlled gunners and an AI pilot.

How to reproduce:

Get in the gunners position, have a friend enter pilot. Take off and try and look around with the gun.

Hello!

Thanks for the amazing mod, it looks awesome and works great, we would like to use the mod in our units modpack to play with during operations

(ARMA 3).

There is one small thing that is keeping us from using it however.

Seems like whenever there is a player controlled pilot + a player controlled gunner, the gunsight lags behind where you move your mouse to aim, like it takes time to update the crosshair & gun position (3 seconds) to where the gunner is actually looking.

This problem does not occur with player controlled gunners and an AI pilot.

How to reproduce:

Get in the gunners position, have a friend enter pilot. Take off and try and look around with the gun.

I'm afraid this problem has plagued us for a while, it seems to be linked to an animation source, what exactly I do not know.

I am hoping that we can implement a system similar to what others have used by way of the UAV camera, when that might be however I cannot say.

Hello Nodunit & Franze, I got some news regarding my Apache spawn elevation issue on Linux/Ubuntu. It appears that the problem isn't solve either by using Wine on Ubuntu or a full Linux dedicated server ran inside terminal. The issue remains. I guess this due to BIS update because months ago, we didn't have such issues with the AH64D (and then appeared the slide problem) on the Ubuntu server emulated via Wine. By the way, if you shoot the AH64D once it's spawn in midair, it will slide in the air, just like it did when the first sliding issue appeared.

Furthermore, it appears that we have a laser issue with the bird, which means, we can't see buddy laser anymore (using the TADS camera) and it appears also that we "shoot" the laser now it pops some kind of "torchlight" instead of a laser. Not to mention, no lock on it is possible of course.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430653162-screenshot18684.png (2770 kB)

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430653213-screenshot35692.png (2400 kB)

Finally, got a question, is it possible to cycle trought waypoints ? Or use steerpoints ? Cheers.

Edited by Sacha34200

If you fly past a waypoint then the system should jump to the next or nearest one, we may add a "Next" function in future (The Su-17 had it with steerpoints)

In regards to the servers, as of this moment unless Franze says otherwise, there is nothing we can do about Linux or Ubuntu servers, and the aircraft is currently on hiatus until further notice.

There are several things that require fixing and much of it means the introduction of new problems that will require fixing on its own, we will however leave the thread open for any questions but until further notice, there will be no more updates (officially).

If you fly past a waypoint then the system should jump to the next or nearest one, we may add a "Next" function in future (The Su-17 had it with steerpoints)

In regards to the servers, as of this moment unless Franze says otherwise, there is nothing we can do about Linux or Ubuntu servers, and the aircraft is currently on hiatus until further notice.

There are several things that require fixing and much of it means the introduction of new problems that will require fixing on its own, we will however leave the thread open for any questions but until further notice, there will be no more updates (officially).

Alright. Yes it does switch, but I wanted to manage my navigation by switching from different set waypoints (on different IP/BP) and the target area. As far as I do, I usually reset the waypoints on my TSD page when vertical to the IP/BP so I get the WP 0 on it and then put the WP1 on the target area. It's a bit tricky so that's why I wondered about having steerpoints or the ability to select the waypoints at will.

Dang this is bad news, I was hoping this wanna gonna work out...

Hey can't you work with Bohemia or something to figure out the bugs? This is the kind of chopper that should be sold as DLC instead of those arcade helicopters. Man I really wanted this, Arma 3 is the perfect environment for the Apache. Tell Bohemia you all are going to collaborate and get the bugs knocked out and then sell it as DLC for 15 - 20 bucks... please