major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I make a repro with some mods. these mods i put into folder clan_packv1. Repro looks like this:

Arma3\clan_packv1\@CBA_A3

Arma3\clan_packv1\@JayArma3Lib

Arma3\clan_packv1\@ACRE

Arma3\clan_packv1\@VTS_Weaponresting

Arma3\clan_packv1\@XMedSys

Arma 3\userconfig\acre

Arma 3\userconfig\X39

Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting

Now Arma3 Sync show me the files what i can update but also marks Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio BLUE, so he delete it if i select ALL.

Second problem:

ALL Mods are on clan_packv1, but Arma3Sync only start @CBA_A3 right. It should look like this: -mod=clan_packv1\@CBA_A3;clan_packv1\@JayArmA3Lib;clan_packv1\@ACRE;clan_packv1\@JS_JC_ FA18;clan_packv1\@VTS_Weaponresting;@XMedSys;

He dont load the other mods like i posted on my first post.

Edited by Numrollen

I make a repro with some mods. these mods i put into folder clan_packv1. Repro looks like this:

Arma3\clan_packv1\@CBA_A3

Arma3\clan_packv1\@JayArma3Lib

Arma3\clan_packv1\@ACRE

Arma3\clan_packv1\@VTS_Weaponresting

Arma3\clan_packv1\@XMedSys

Arma 3\userconfig\acre

Arma 3\userconfig\X39

Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting

Now Arma3 Sync show me the files what i can update but also marks Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio BLUE, so he delete it if i select ALL.

This is normal behavior. User typically select all to perform an exact match.

Second problem:

ALL Mods are on clan_packv1, but Arma3Sync only start @CBA_A3 right. It should look like this: -mod=clan_packv1\@CBA_A3;clan_packv1\@JayArmA3Lib;clan_packv1\@ACRE;clan_packv1\@JS_JC_ FA18;clan_packv1\@VTS_Weaponresting;@XMedSys;

He dont load the other mods like i posted on my first post.

-mod=clan_packv1\@CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE;@JS_JC_ FA18;@VTS_Weaponresting;@XMedSys; is correct unless BIS have change something since last update.

I'm not able to test it before 1 week ^^

Excellent tool!

I've written a guide for use with Tactical Battlefield here.

I'm also interested in eventually getting a repository up for our mod.

Would it be possible to add a switch/check-box for '-noFilePatching' ?

This would help with the development work.

Sure right now you can add -noFilePatching into Additional Parameters area of the Launcher options panel.

Edited by Major_Shepard

This is normal behavior. User typically select all to perform an exact match.

Im sorry, looks like i am not good in explaining my problem. It is a normal behavior and thats the problem. As soon as i add userconfig stuff, the update process delete all other userconfig stuff that is not in the repro. If i had 20 things in userconfig and add the repro postet above to my game, all 20 folders get deleted!

I understand what you say but the thing is not so simple.

Let say for example that you have removed on the repository @XMedSys from clan_packv1 folder because it is bugged whatever. So for this one you would like @XMedSys to be automatically removed from hard drive when selecting ALL and not when it deals with userconfig folder? How could I guess that ? :confused:

Now what I can do is to add an option for the user to set a folder to be excluded from exact matching (i.e supplementary files inside this folder wouldn't be marked deleted).

Edited by Major_Shepard

Perhaps a flag that the creator of the repo can set? Or the tool will log that only the folders that he synct from the beginning he can delete/update? Or a combination of both. When i am creator i want that in folder "XYZ alias userconfig" only self created can be updated.

Hi Major, we have one problem with arma3sync with A3MAP ( arma 2 map on arma 3 ). For many of us there's a big delay in sync client/server, for others arma3sync stuck for many minutes ( more than 10 ). Seems there's a problem with very big files, we get stuck in the check for addons phase, there's something we/you can do to improve this? Thanks

Same problem here...

Major, please try to find a solution for this problem.

thx.

ArmA3Sync 1.1 Update 6

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Fixed: Check for Addons: excessive time consuming with files of large size.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.1 Update 6

Download

Changelog

Auto update doesn't work for me, i get an error can't write files on disk! Update process aborted! :confused:

And also thanks for a great launcher, i've tried all the others but this is by far the best for me. ;)

Check out the permissions of the ArmA3Sync folder installation. Be sure to run ArmA3Sync as Administrator (but normally you should be warn).

Is there a public repo that i can add to sync my Mods? I remember back at AddonSync i used one from Kelly Heroes i think. BTW Congrats! Very nice Program, simple and similar to the Spiritmachine relase to ArmA2.

There is no public addons repository that comes with the software. Teams out there are free to post their autoconfig url if they want :)

Edited by Major_Shepard

i have another question: is there a way to force the repo to a directory? looks like arma3sync looks what mods are already installed and use that one. Like Arma3\@acre, so he dont install Arma3\clanXY\@acre. But i want all mods in the repo to be installed in \clanXY\*

You have to move manually @ACRE into \clanXY from Windows files explorer in this case.

I may add in the future the ability to drag and drop addons within the tree of the download panel if that usefull. :confused:

Edited by Major_Shepard

Or perhaps manually disable auto discover? So user can decide if he wants autodetect or not? just an idea

My launcher doesnt save changes for my profile anymore (adding mods) when it used to. Ive tried creating a new backup profile with my new settings in it but that got deleted too. Basically Im losing my changes when I restart the computer. Any ideas?
Profiles are stored into "profiles" folder of ArmA3Sync installation. Try this:

1. Create a new Profile named "A" (menu Profiles -> Edit)

2. Add groups and drag and drop addons into it

3. Close ArmA3Sync

4. Go to "profiles" folder of ArmA3Sync installation and check that A.a3s.profile is there.

5. Start ArmA3Sync and open A profile. Check everything is ok.

6. Close ArmA3Sync and restart your computer.

7. Go to "profiles" folder of ArmA3Sync installation and check that A.a3s.profile is there.

Apologies for the late reply m8. Regarding this issue, I for some reason, had the Arma3sync installation directory as read-only. Unticked that, and profiles save correctly now.

Happy new year!

For some reason, the makro keys on my keyboard doesn't work ingame, if launched through Arma3Sync?!? <(O_o)>

News: ArmA3Sync v1.2 is incoming

The futur update of ArmA3Sync will bring to the table the support for custom repository through HTTP. This will include:

- Usage of ZSYNC synchronization algorithm (~ rsync over http) to minimize download when updating files.

- Full support for both Windows and Linux host machines without any extra configuration.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.1 Update 6

Download

Changelog

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the local java 'checking' process still takes an absolute age if you have large addon files even after the 1.1 update 6 :(

Great news on the ArmA3Sync v1.2 though, will this circumvent the current checking of large addon file issue?

ArmA3Sync v1.2 also contains optimization on this side. SHA1 computations are now persisted and re computed only if last modified date of a file has changed. For example, if nothing has been changed on user disk, Check for Addons would take only few seconds. Some over more complex modifications have also been added.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hey Major,

nice to see more stuff comming. Did you take a look @ my problems i have? /clanpack/@mod, /clanpack/@mod2 starting with Arma3Sync. This one