Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

To your "problem" with the less audible explosions in close range:

Psychobastard was able to fix me up a script that plays "Shrapnel" sounds as soon as an explosion is close enough to the player. Grenades for example can cause that effect within 12m while bigger rounds can cause that sound within 25m and more. So this will "fix" your problem and cause loud and high pitched effects... you'll see in a video I'll put together within the next few days.

LJ

someone find a clip of an explosion going off near someone and you will see... but good luck finding one though lol

Very close explosions, but beware : lives ruined

Videos removed!

Edited by PurePassion

I thought we are awaiting the "Big BI's Update" in 31/10..i m wrong?..

The sound of wind and the breeze blowing would add quite a bit to the immersion. Would this be suited to JSRS or another mod?

The sound of wind and the breeze blowing would add quite a bit to the immersion. Would this be suited to JSRS or another mod?

The shrapnel effect sounds are only working with JSRS and its an JSRS-Only script. Its working in combination with other mods, yes. And also when you disable the JSRS explosion effects the scrupt it still working and independent from the kind of ammunition that explodes :)

LJ

Step in armaholic every day to see if it came out. The new version of the MOD. I'll play the campaign only after it is launched JSRs 2.0. Google Translator!

Edited by ThorBrasil

What I've been thinking about is when it is windy in forest - leafy trees should give that rustly wind sound. I don't know why but that would be :cool:

What I've been thinking about is when it is windy in forest - leafy trees should give that rustly wind sound. I don't know why but that would be :cool:

Me too! I was so dead to hear any pine trees shivering qhwn winds blow

That's it exactly. But even when not near the trees wind makes noise in your ears. I was just outside and it is quite windy and quite loud.

Pretty sure that today's patch broke something in JSRS. TRG-21 has vanilla sounds, but TRG-20 has the JSRS sounds.

Are you going to change the sounds of the new weapons (pistol, revolver and the marksman rifle)?

Probably that's why LJ held back the imminent-full version.

We also know the latest patch brought also the mentioned *above-new-weapons.

I think Full version it's a matter of Day(s) now on..

What ever it takes for a stable version.

Please keep us posted on the current state of this mod. I'm really curious

Some people have been recommending Speed of Sound for A3, I haven't downloaded JSRS yet since i been waiting for the next FULL update but can't wait to compare the two side by side and see which i like more.

JSRS might have a sentimental advantage though.

played with JSRS2 yesterday, for a reason, only vehicle samples worked for me. Now i could hear, how awesome do vehicles sound. Really nice hunter samples. Keep going LJ.

Some people have been recommending Speed of Sound for A3, I haven't downloaded JSRS yet since i been waiting for the next FULL update but can't wait to compare the two side by side and see which i like more.

JSRS might have a sentimental advantage though.

Has a sound advantage too. Speed of Sound feels like it's further along in it's development cycle, but the sound samples themselves are lacking the ass that JSRS can back up.

I am prety sure JSRS final release will kick ass big time.

Sry Guys!

Still working on a lot of things. This week though was a mess. Had 0 time to hang on the PC so far and I'm laying far behind my schedules.

No ETA so far. I first have to check up the status again since I've totally lost the point where I was...

LJ

^ this.

Although my MAIN motivation is MY (and team's) pleasure with the sounds..making it go-public it will surely expose potential

-non easily noticeable- issues due to large number of users..

Of course..it's your choice.

Could you please release JSRS 2.0 as a BETA , i want to play the campaign with it.

OMG take a chill pill! LJH will release when he is ready and not before. Bugging the author like this, just to please you, is pointless!

Could you please release JSRS 2.0 as a BETA , i want to play the campaign with it.

You can also manually download the Alpha files and play with what he's done so far. See the first post.

Just download these in order, stick 'em in a @JSRS2.0 folder and load the mod!

http://jsrs-studios.com/index.php/dlstudios.html

Woah Woah , guys why are you so aggresive only because i nicely asked and stated the reason why i asked.

And i just asked. I respect Lord Jahrhead very much and admire him.