Sign in to follow this  
ShotgunSheamuS

Anyone else concerned about ARMA 3 launch September?

Just recently found out ARMA 3 Launches as complete (minus the SP camaign) in September, thats about a month from now. And looking at the dev build, and all the polishing required as well as some of the verry important, much wanted, must have features we wanted is still not present. So is this bothering anyone else, or is it just me?? Will ARMA 3 be incomplete and depend on the community to fill the gaps :( I hope not.

Negative. It's in many ways better than the previous game at release. Why should this upset?

Yeah definately better, but there are some issues that bug me, for example the great suggestions like better mid range textures, and blending enemy in the distance better, this is a huge issue since the the first OFP and till this day, so many great suggestions and yet we still see nothing in BETA, I was so sure this would be done in BETA, but as it stands, in less than a month, will we see it? Will we see the fixing of popping textures and models, will we see better AI improvement, and more other requested features to really make ARMA 3 feel more complete than it's predecessor?

Thing is there are a great deal of good ideas, however some things should just be standard in the vanilla game, not depend on the community to do certain must have things, because like for example different servers run different mods, and also some mod implimentations arent always as great, and sometimes buggy etc.

Game is ready now, no issues. Previous Arms games had issues fixed post launch, many other games (not by this company) were released and then dropped, what BI are doing here is the future and the game only gets better each dev patch they release.

Game is ready now, no issues. Previous Arms games had issues fixed post launch, many other games (not by this company) were released and then dropped, what BI are doing here is the future and the game only gets better each dev patch they release.

ready now??? HA HA HA IS TO LAUGH... thanks for making my night.... Not worried at all.. As i am glad that i only paid $33............................................

I think that whilst it's better we could have had so much more, and there is still a long road to go.

Mostly, the top lot in the feedback tracker right now - Weapon resting/bipods, firing out of vehicles, melee, proper wounding... then you've also got what I feel to be one of the biggest game breakers if ArmA is released pretty much as is, and that's an addon autodownloader. Why, you ask? So, the community will always create content. However, in ArmA's state right now, the community would be left to make a lot of what doesn't exist already in ArmA. If you wanted a decent gameplay with say, about 10 mods that in total fix all the issues BIS should have, but you don't know what they are/have the wrong version/have different mods/have incompatible mods then you need something to help. Management of 10 mods isn't exactly easy nor is it time friendly (you could be playing ArmA instead!). Besides, if all the servers vary slightly, it will, and this is my largest point, fracture the community.If it does that, then once more we'll see us either having to play vanilla to see the true potential of ArmA (those huge battles are the only thing that really justifies such a large map) and it'll deter other players who don't know how to include addons.

So eh, personally I feel there's still much to be done and I'm sure BIS will patch things up as we go, but apprehensive would be a better descriptor.

My only concern is that I don't have enough free time to play this game as much as I'd like.

I’m not really worried about the release date. The game, for where and who it was aimed at, seems to be pretty much done. Not for the usual player base, its aimed somewhere different to that, just need to look at the game as a whole. They seem to have succeeded, it’s a pretty polished MP shooter, shame it lost that ‘real feel’ along the way..:(

My only concern is that I don't have enough free time to play this game as much as I'd like.
Haha, same... right now for me it's mainly for testing out certain features if they come up on dev branch changelogs.

I'm not worried about the September 12 launch date.

P.S. Looks like "man class" interaction with moving ship decks is improving on dev branch!

i hear you... And agreed, it is a shame indeed. I wonder if they will be expanding and implimenting the other features and fixes in extended dlc like expansion packs, introduce them that way, much like OA did? It would make sense then. We still get the extra's that ARMA deserves, but understandably, the extra time will be paid for through purchasing the expansion pack.

I just hope the devs address these concerns at tonights live stream, or in the near future as to what the plans are for the top needed and requested features that are not yet implimented. Will we see them by release (are they currently WIP?) or will we see them in future updates, shipped along with the SP campaign updates, expansion packs? Or will we not see it at all, it all gets scrapped. I believe we deserve to have this info, and I am sure BI must have made the decisions by now with release a mere month away.

And yes... ALTIS is probably the only reason why I am actually excited for the release =)

ready now??? HA HA HA IS TO LAUGH... thanks for making my night.... Not worried at all.. As i am glad that i only paid $33............................................

Same, but do not worry, I work on something that will blow arma franchise away, I'm happy I can afford that. One word: crytek3

HAHAAHLOLROFL, name me one game that has been release perfect with zero patches to fix 'issues' post release HAHAHAHA naive hahaha.

Crytek3, not exactly large scale outside environments, sure looks pretty and console friendly but when there more 'realism' and not just bangs and booms please let me know.

P.S. Looks like "man class" interaction with moving ship decks is improving on dev branch!
I would like to send beers to whomever is responsible for that change.

Same, but do not worry, I work on something that will blow arma franchise away, I'm happy I can afford that. One word: crytek3

oh do share with us please =)

will blow arma franchise away
One word: crytek3

Very funny. What is crytek 3? Maybe, cryengine 3? No, i don't believe in such story. Someone who use cryengine can't blow anything.

No. the really good game was crysis 1, other games ( C2 , C3) are crap limited bs. Crytek will stick to that. since the 2 & 3rd games were crap and limited like the most SP shooters.

One word : Console ports.

Not too worried because ACE , ACRE , CBA will hopefully fix all the things BIS don't fix before release.

So even though BIS release the game on the 12th. For myself and others its just something to pass the time untill they get ACE and ACRE fully working.

Nah, I'm not worried. In terms of stability it's lightyears ahead of the ArmA 2 release. The rest? Well, I think we'll have to wait and see where this goes. All else is based on speculations right now.

1 word..... ALTIS

Yes, that magical silver bullet that BIS hopes will make people forget about all the broken promises! It's an island, larger than Stratis, but with a similar setting, environment, etc.

So Altis? One word, big deal!

Meanwhile there'll be no campaign, AI is still useless, a single JET to fly over Altis, vehicle handling is poor, helo flight model is the same as ARMA2, vehicles have no proper armour system, vehicles have poor destruction models, pointless underwater combat, still useless AI commanding interface.

Seems not much has changed from ARMA2 other than graphics and animations.

No worries from my side, none at all. Pissed off a little, yes. But that's been documented in different threads!

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

So Altis? One word, big deal!

Err? 1 word?

vehicle handling is poor, helo flight model is the same as ARMA2, vehicles have no proper armour system, vehicles have poor destruction models, pointless underwater combat, still useless AI commanding interface.

Seems not much has changed from ARMA2 other than graphics and animations.

Wow, sounds like A2 sucked.

I don't understand. People loved A2, but A3 has better graphics and animations and it's the worst batch of code on the internet. Sheesh...

It's ok for me but I have my doubts about the product.

Many issues left to be solved but I still hope that BI will manage to solve them.

The main headache for me is performance and unfortunately I can't see any big effort from BI to improve this.

Let's hope for the best :)