Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Russian weapons pack v1.0

first off, i loved the pack, i kill people just to look at the guns, but one thing, why not use one of the AK-103/7 textures on the RPK, whichever one of those is totally metal would suit best, ive seen all metal RPK's ones and it would make the pack perfect as the bis textures are really bad

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 04 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why not use one of the AK-103/7 textures on the RPK, whichever one of those is totally metal would suit best, ive seen all metal RPK's ones and it would make the pack perfect as the bis textures are really bad<span id='postcolor'>

Just a little thing, the grips on the new AKs eg 103, 107 are made from a plastic not metal, they look so much better than the old wood grips IMO.I love his new pack of weapons, the new RPGs are great the new rifles are good too, i prefer the AK 107 though because it has less recoil and a higher rate of fire, the only thing I dont really like is the way the movement of the RPKs is slower than that of any other gun, I think he should have left it out because it doesn't do that on the PK or the M60. I think BIS should bring out a high res texture pack to go with the new graphic options, mainly on the weapons and soldiers, the vehicles seem OK to me

the vehicle textures could be a lot better if they went and took high res photos of all the vehicles

I really have to take my hat of for Keg and many other mod makers that continue to produce high quality add-ons that help keeping the community interested in OFP and really use the potential of the game. Great work! smile.gif

that's it...i can't hold this anymore.

BIS...make Kegetys addons OFFICIAL! wink.gif

and PAY HIM! smile.gif

Very good idead...to incorporate some of the best-suited addons to next OFP patch. I'm not talking about big total conversion mods, but weapons and vehicles that fit into game nicely. I've heard some game companies doing this, like next IL-2 Sturmovik patch including 3rd party Ju-87 Stuka dive bomber. Instead of bringing people just bug fixes they could bring something new - it could even boost the sales in the long term.

I completely agree, BIS should make ALL the best addons out there into official downloads. It would increase variety and tactical options in the game and eliminate multiplayer unofficial addon problems all in one. Unfortunately Suma has already stated that BIS does not have the time or resources to do this. I think this is a real shame because without their 'official' tag, user made addons are always going to struggle to be properly utilised. confused.gif

I agree, with the creators permission, this would be a great idea.

But has any game company ever done this with unofficial addons? None that I know of (please correct me if I'm wrong).

This would also involve addon creators signing over the entire rights to their addons (or so I would assume), and I'm sure a lot of addon makers wouldn't want that...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Aug. 03 2002,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Aug. 03 2002,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some constructive critism, shouldn't the AK-103 be able to use standard AK-47 magazines also because it has the same caliber (7.62x39) and it's basically an updated version of AK-47? Same goes for the AK-107 which is an updated version of AK-74. (Correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

Yes of course, and RPK-74 and RPK could also take AK74 and 47 mags as well but BIS has made this impossible. If you'd use AK47 mags on AK103 the name of the weapon would then change to AK47 automatically. Same thing happens with AK47CZ. Steyr, XM177E2, G36 all can take M16 mags in real life but that is not possible due to lack of multiple magazine types for single weapons in OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure about that?

The ingame M4 and XMS both take the M4 magazine...

Yes I must say this weapons pack does look good. Nice High quality textures. Nice smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure about that?

The ingame M4 and XMS both take the M4 magazine...<span id='postcolor'>

The XMS have the same stats as the XM... but the XMS just has the red dot scope... but has the same accuracy as the XM

Example:

class CFM16w : M16

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=0;

weaponType=1;

displayName="M-16A2";

model="M16_proxy";

picture="\dtaext\equip\w\w_m16.paa";

muzzles[] = {"CFM16Muzzle"};

class CFM16Muzzle : CFM16

{

magazines[] = {"CFM16",};

}

};

class CFM16ACOGw : CFM16w

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=0;

weaponType=1;

displayName="M-16A2+ACOG";

model="\CFM16\M16ACOG.p3d";

picture="\dtaext\equip\w\w_m16.paa";

muzzles[] = {"CFM16Muzzle"};

class CFM16Muzzle : CFM16

{

modelOptics="\CFM16\ACOG_optika.p3d";

opticsZoomMin=0.040000;

opticsZoomMax=0.040000;

magazines[] = {"CFM16"};

}

};

};

Keyget's, question/comment about your new editor addon for resistance: I have been using the street lamps from your addon today and when I light them on, the light comes from the center of the poles.

If you haven't seen this try it out.

Make a lamp and init : this switchLight "ON"; sad.gif

Anyway, glad you fixed it to work with the old addon.

Anyone found any bugs? Currently the following will propably be fixed on next version due sometime soon:

- Part of RPG-7V Rocket was still visible after firing

- Optimizations to RPG-7V model

- RPG-7 rocket initspeed was too low

- RPK-74 and RPK-47 autofire sound was wrong

- RPK-74 and RPK-47 "clumsiness effect" is a little bit weaker now

- RPK and AK bullet tracer colors were wrong

If theres any more bugs, post them here please tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone found any bugs? Currently the following will propably be fixed on next version due sometime soon:

- Part of RPG-7V Rocket was still visible after firing

- Optimizations to RPG-7V model

- RPG-7 rocket initspeed was too low

- RPK-74 and RPK-47 autofire sound was wrong

- RPK-74 and RPK-47 "clumsiness effect" is a little bit weaker now

- RPK and AK bullet tracer colors were wrong

If theres any more bugs, post them here please tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for making the RPK's a little less clumsy. I appreciate that because while they look great, I hardly used them because I kept getting killed in close combat where I couldn't swing them onto a target quick enough and would get shot. I really wish that effect was removed entirely or at least greatly minimized because it really puts you at a great disadvantage compared to a regular AK armed soldier. As for other bugs I've only noticed that sometimes when the AI is carrying the RPG on their shoulder occassionally it's actually loaded with a rocket on the front. But it still looks cool, so I don't really consider it to be a bug. smile.gif

I must say that the RPG-7's are my favorite AT weapon now.

I like that big "WOMP" explosion they make and they blow the hell out of infantry (and tanks). smile.gif The sites also are superb, especially the version with iron sites. It definitely gives the feeling of firing a real one. Oh...the AI I notice isn't that accurate with the RPG-7 at long range...but actually that's a good thing because that makes it more realistic since the RPG-7 is not the most accurate AT rocket in the world and is best used at close range (under 150 meters). Plus it's scary as hell seeing those RPG rockets fly by your APC and explode right next to you. smile.gif

Oh....one last thing.... Using a similar method of killing as your drill addon would it be possible to add a bayonet to the AK-103/107 rifles?

That is one addon that I've been waiting for someone to make but I'm not sure if the game engine would allow that. But if anyone can do it I'm sure you'd be the one to make it.

Maybe with a "KILL!!" yell instead of a gunshot sound each time you "fire" the bayonet. smile.gif

Anyways, I'm sure you have a zillion other addons in the works, but that's just a thought.

Keep up the great work and I'm very much looking forward to the revised versions of your weapons pack! They are simply amazing!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone found any bugs?<span id='postcolor'>

The recoil on both the Ak-103 and Ak-107 is way too low. The Ak-103 has a recoil comparable to the Ak-47 while the Ak-107 has a recoil similar to the Ak-74.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Aug. 06 2002,07:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for making the RPK's a little less clumsy.  I appreciate that because while they look great, I hardly used them because I kept getting killed in close combat where I couldn't swing them onto a target quick enough and would get shot.  I really wish that effect was removed entirely or at least greatly minimized because it really puts you at a great disadvantage compared to a regular AK armed soldier.<span id='postcolor'>

I don´t agree. Clumsy=good. I think it´s main use is squad´s support weapon, so don´t go to close combat, let the regular

rifleman do the dirty job and give support fire for them.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone found any bugs?<span id='postcolor'>

The recoil on both the Ak-103 and Ak-107 is way too low. The Ak-103 has a recoil comparable to the Ak-47 while the Ak-107 has a recoil similar to the Ak-74.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, im pretty happy with both recoils... the AK103 now has quite much same recoil as the AK47/74, and the AK107 has very little recoil because of the "balanced" system it has...

From world.guns.ru: "this time with balanced automatic gas driven engine. "Balanced" means that this system has 2 opposite moving gas pistons instead of one. main gas piston drives bolt carrier (via gas rod), secondary piston drives compensating mass (via its own rod) in direction, opposite to bolt carrier. This movement greatly reduced muzzle jump and increased accuracy in full-auto mode."

The AK-107 also has burst mode in real life, while the AK-103 does not... But as the OFP AK's shouldnt have burst mode either in real life, I added it to the AK-103 too.

The RPK "clumsiness" has not been reduced much, just a little bit which you never might even notice when using it... Im still not making the RPK's any kind of superweapons wink.gif

The RPG-7 rocket thing is something I cannot influence, OFP uses the empty model when the rocket is in the back and it suddenly changes into loaded when taking it from the back, I wish I could make the RPG-7 non-loaded at first but I dont think I can... When the AI puts a loded RPG-7 in is back the rocket wont disappear from the model but for human players it does, if I could I would change it to so that it always disappears, as that loaded RPG-7 is so tall in his back that it is same as holding a big "IM HIDING IN THIS BUSH" sign.

Bayonets I have been thinking myself but as there would be no striking animation for them it would be rather stupid...

The only thing I noticed was on the Ak107 I can stand up and blast out a clip on full auto with absoultely no recoil at all. Is the gun really that way?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, im pretty happy with both recoils... the AK103 now has quite much same recoil as the AK47/74, and the AK107 has very little recoil because of the "balanced" system it has...

The AK-107 also has burst mode in real life, while the AK-103 does not... But as the OFP AK's shouldnt have burst mode either in real life, I added it to the AK-103 too....<span id='postcolor'>

The AK47 and 74 recoils are an old BIS mistake. The AK47 is chambered for 7,62 while the 74 is 5,45. The Ak74 also has a muzzle-break. There is a big difference in recoil between those two.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From world.guns.ru: "this time with balanced automatic gas driven engine. "Balanced" means that this system has 2 opposite moving gas pistons instead of one. main gas piston drives bolt carrier (via gas rod), secondary piston drives compensating mass (via its own rod) in direction, opposite to bolt carrier. This movement greatly reduced muzzle jump and increased accuracy in full-auto mode."

<span id='postcolor'>

Which in practical terms means that you can hit something with the first four shots on 30m instead with the first three shots. Currently you can snipe at full auto with the Ak-107 in the game. That is beyond the achivement of any assault rifle today. Full auto is IRL worthless for anything but very close engagements.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, im pretty happy with both recoils... the AK103 now has quite much same recoil as the AK47/74, and the AK107 has very little recoil because of the "balanced" system it has...

The AK-107 also has burst mode in real life, while the AK-103 does not... But as the OFP AK's shouldnt have burst mode either in real life, I added it to the AK-103 too....<span id='postcolor'>

The AK47 and 74 recoils are an old BIS mistake. The AK47 is chambered for 7,62 while the 74 is 5,45. The Ak74 also has a muzzle-break. There is a big difference in recoil between those two.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, thats not for me to fix smile.gif My OFP AK103 has same recoil as BIS OFP AK47, as real-life AK103 would propably have same recoil as real-life AK47. Making AK103 have "realistic" recoil and leaving the AK-47 intact would make it not fit the game...

But I increased the AK-107 recoil a little bit, its rather hard to get any very good effect of the balanced system with the ofp recoils, but it isnt that accurate anymore.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 06 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, im pretty happy with both recoils... the AK103 now has quite much same recoil as the AK47/74, and the AK107 has very little recoil because of the "balanced" system it has...

The AK47 and 74 recoils are an old BIS mistake. The AK47 is chambered for 7,62 while the 74 is 5,45. The Ak74 also has a muzzle-break. There is a big difference in recoil between those two.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, thats not for me to fix smile.gif My OFP AK103 has same recoil as BIS OFP AK47, as real-life AK103 would propably have same recoil as real-life AK47. Making AK103 have "realistic" recoil and leaving the AK-47 intact would make it not fit the game...

But I increased the AK-107 recoil a little bit, its rather hard to get any very good effect of the balanced system with the ofp recoils, but it isnt that accurate anymore.<span id='postcolor'>

Mhhhh, I think this is kinda strange to understand Keg; You add an effect to the RPK, making it (understandably) cumbersome even though heavier weapons like the 7.62 chambered machineguns are no way cumbersome. However on the other hand you say that giving the AK103 more recoil would not blend in with the rest of the game. I would really like to you to be consistant on this one. Don't get me wrong, this is no offense, and I truly know that these are Your addons and yours alone. But, please, either make it so that they blend in with the wargear we have in the game at the moment (same recoil as aks in game, no cumbersome sway for the rpk, aks making same sound as aks in game, etc...) or make them all realistically behaving (including cumbersome effect, higher recoil, no burst for the weapons that don't support burst, more realistical damage level especially inbetween the calibre differences, etc.. etc..).

My oppionion on this one is that currently, as long as BIS does not adjust the weapons in-game like suggested in various threads including the 'constructive criticism' thread, you should try to make this addon blend in with the rest of the weapons as good as possible. Only when BIS changes their policy on weapon representation should you do so, too.

I think this pack has high potential to become offical, this is no joke, however these small difference in behaviour might already be enough for certain people to think it's wrong to have them officially added to the game. The way I would like to have things changed would be that BIS would add this clumsiness to their MG's as well in the first place as it is a really good feature, but as long as this isn't the case, the RPK for example would simply not really feel like a realy flashpoint weapon. Maybe I'm talking bullshit here and maybe I'm simply way too serious about all this, heh, you might even not really care if this packs gets official or not, dunno, but for me this is serious, as I see huge potential in this. I think, everyone would profitate from this weapons (or BIS weapons..) being tweaked a bit and added to the game along with a small number of other high quality user made addons. Call it a gift to the community or whatever else. I'm convinced it would be a healthy thing.  smile.gif

Nyles, I think you should reconsider - if RPK wouldn't have any cumbersome effect at all, it would be basically AK74/47 with 75 round drum magazine. Why would you then even use assault rifles when you have 'uberweapon' in your hands? Of course, you could add recoil to RPK - but it wouldn't make sense since it's heavier, longer and fires same ammo as AKs do. Cumbersome effect is good in keeping weapons in balance, since OFP doesn't support Rogue Spear style 'reticule time' type of recoil. I would find that effect lovely with iron sights, imagine when swinging weapon to an enemy, the gun would slowly stabilize for accurate shot. Now aiming is like pointing with a mouse, altough with iron sights on the play.

I hope BIS keeps developing this already good aiming system even further, this cumbersome effect in v1.75 was a good start but more could done to make it even better. At the moment PK's move smoothly like AK's but on the other hand they have higher recoil, which can be explained with the fact that they fire more powerful 7.62x54R ammo and don't have the bipods deployed. RPKs on the other hand are more accurate because they fire lighter bullet with less recoil, they have their bipod deployed which contributes to this accuracy but on the downside creates this cumbersome effect. To me it all makes perfect sense wink.gif

Absolutely TOP CLASS mod m8. I absolutely LOVE the new sounds, they are soo cool.

You deserve another star on your avatar there.