Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

Serious injuries (graphic) - gore/violence

I don't understand that if you have seen enough gore in real life, how you could possible ask/want more?

It just doesn't make sense to me at all, on the contrary I would expect the opposite.

It's a human body, no matter in what shape. Gore does not affect me, since I already see it as something that just happens. Or do you scream and terrify if you realize that an egg indeed smashes when you throw it to the ground and these are not distant tales experienced kitchen veterans told you? And I can differentiate between real life and game. I just think it's a feature that adds authenticity to the game.

Sorry, but the comparison between the smashing of a human body and an egg does not add up with me.

Sorry, but the comparison between the smashing of a human body and an egg does not add up with me.

Then you may proceed to have the option to turn that module off, should it be implemented.

Personally I think again like Brain and don't really become overwhelmed with feeling and emotion as soon as I see dismemberment or something.

They don't really dissociate real life and virtuality. The thing is with gore in a game is not the same as reality, it's pixels. I personnaly prefer gore in a game than in a movie, and it's not with better graphics now, the photorealism, that it's changing for me, but I can understand who don't, it's why an option for this is the best thing. In life I'm sure that who don't like gore in game don't like or don't have the same mind on many subjets face to the others humans, it's human. But it's sad that who don't want gore in the game try to change our mind, respect!

Put it this way is Bis has said no it's down to the community, and if the community do it, it then falls to the indiviudal to install it or not.

I for one am 50/50 on the subject, it certainly sounds like the communtiy want people to be vaporised by a direct H.E.S.H round from a mbt, or pulled appart by some fool who manages to tumble the chopper on a tree and some,ucky so and so catches a rotor to the sternum, but when does this all get a little too much for a game?

But it's sad that who don't want gore in the game try to change our mind, respect!

I'm not trying to change anybody's mind. I find it sad that you jump to this conclusion though.

I'm trying to understand here why 'gore' is so in demand?

How would the game and its players benefit from it on the long run?

Will adding gore make Arma a better game? If yes, please clarify.

I can agree that an improved wounding system is desired (like ACE is trying to implement), and I support this.

But I wonder where to draw the line when I comes to implementing the graphic side of gore.

It's both reality and both happens, so closing eyes and keeping it out of something that is supposed to be as realistic as possible (ArmA) won't help.

It's both reality and both happens

Agreed, but I'm gonna have quite a different emotional & mental response when I see either smashing on the ground.

Look, what I try to understand here is 'why' this 'gore issue' is such an important element in this game.

Because it happens in reality? That's not a good enough answer for me personally to convince me of its necessity.

I see other priorities in this game, related to reality, which I prefer to be improved/implemented before we move on to the subject of 'in-game gore', such as AI tactics, rag-doll physics, weather influence, ...

I'm trying to understand here why 'gore' is so in demand?

Why do you play at a war game?

Arma is a game ( simulation ) where we try to simulate reality and gore is a part of war.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

How would the game and its players benefit from it on the long run?

Will adding gore make Arma a better game?

Realism realism realism, as long as war will exist gore too.

Gore another time is a part of war so if we want to simulate war we need to simulate all, so for me a better game ( simulation ).

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

I can agree that an improved wounding system is desired (like ACE is trying to implement), and I support this.

But I wonder where to draw the line when I comes to implementing the graphic side of gore.

How do you want to have a realistic wounding system without realistic wounds, do you want a game tottaly sanitized?

Graphic side of gore is just for better visual realism of war.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

Look, what I try to understand here is 'why' this 'gore issue' is such an important element in this game.

Because it happens in reality? That's not a good enough answer for me personally to convince me of its necessity.

I see other priorities in this game, related to reality, which I prefer to be improved/implemented before we move on to the subject of 'in-game gore', such as AI tactics, rag-doll physics, weather influence, ...

Again we simulate war so all things is important for realism, there's nothing to say anymore. It is necessary to play at a war game?

Sure that all part of realism is important to impoved/implemented, but gore is a part of realism for simulating war.

Well, I guess you might require it for immersion - but it's not an essential gameplay point IMO.

But in any case - this thread would be better served in the addons discussion thread I think. BIS have repeatedly said they won't implement it.

If BI has their reasons not to include advanced gore levels AND body-armour simulations i m ok with it ONLY

if engine is open for the community to make this happen accurately in an upcoming mod

Excuse-me but no sense for a war game and more for a simulation like Arma which simulate...WAR.

You know what else is a big part of war? Shitting in the woods. Arguably that would be a more common occurrence than complete traumatic amputation. So if we want to simulate WAR then the devs must simulate shitting in the woods... or maybe your argument isn't all that cogent?

Regardless of what this game is trying to simulate, the devs make creative choices. You have a different idea of what should be, but this whole argument about how it's not a war game without peoples' limbs falling off is just so weak.

You know what else is a big part of war? Shitting in the woods.

And when there's nothing to eat to search and eat worms! It's ridiculous your answer!

You know what else is a big part of war? Shitting in the woods. Arguably that would be a more common occurrence than complete traumatic amputation. So if we want to simulate WAR then the devs must simulate shitting in the woods... or maybe your argument isn't all that cogent?

Regardless of what this game is trying to simulate, the devs make creative choices. You have a different idea of what should be, but this whole argument about how it's not a war game without peoples' limbs falling off is just so weak.

Shitting in the woods can easily be added in with some simple scripting. Gore can't. :)

DayZ is getting shitting in the woods. True. Just saying.

ArmA just needs more blood and a better medical treating system (e.g. bandages, body armour, bloody body parts, reanimation).

I do not want more blood because there is already enough in real life. But I want more blood in ArmA because it represents war. And blood is simple and easy to create and is a very effective side effect in the game.

And yes: there is many blood in the world. But that's not a reason to ban it from a WAR-game! It needs more blood, definitively!

BIS... please think about that again. For the beginning just more (in settings adjustable) blood. PLEASE!

And when there's nothing to eat to search and eat worms! It's ridiculous your answer!

yeah, it's supposed to be. It's a reductio ad absurdum argument, and it's a pretty good one. Feel free to make a counter argument.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

DayZ is getting shitting in the woods. True. Just saying.

I hope they find a way to make it interesting! Maybe you'll have a shit meter.

Shitting in the woods.

lol i did this when i went hunting for a week, years ago, we can put shitting in the wood key in ACE lol

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Shitting in the woods can easily be added in with some simple scripting. Gore can't. :)

ehm and how to make a proper .p3d lol, textures?

kidding apart, amputations exc. can be made using FSM i believe so it can be added as a mod, but hey a lot of work to do, and the other difficult thing is ragdoll, with death animations such as A1, A2 it is way easy but no one never didi it, slx mod wasn't working in that way, just carbonized bodies, and even if someone makes this thing, the first post somewhere in this or armaholic forums will be: hey this ain't realistic

Edited by Simon1279

I don't think they will implement amputated body parts. It's too much for an online multiplayer game and will result in frustrated players.

The only situation in which I can imagine that, is a sudden death through a nearby grenade, a mine or another explosive deadly weapon. Because then the soldier can't get revived anyway.

War is war. And I won't stop yelling about the features blood and medical treatment. And I won't buy the game till these features are implemented.

People, u have to watch more media from liveleak.com. That's war. And it's a natural thing. Are you scared by blood? I dont think so. And the game is 18+ !!

Can you explain chivalry medieval warfare which is a multiplayer game that has amputated body parts then. Please people if you know nothing about game development then refrain from commenting. If you step on an IED your legs are GONE same with any other HE round. We are not made of metal we are meatbags and easily torn apart. Ask any veteran of combat. They have seen their comrades being blown apart by mortar rounds and what not. Gore is part of war that is what makes it so brutal. Why make a wargame only to sugar coat it? I don't mind if dismemberment will never be included in any future ArmA game. But what I really can't stand is the fact that the game is still using standard blood textures. If I fire one round into someone's chest only to see 3 bullet holes in him that really ruins the immersion. Insurgency (a Source Engine game) has proper bullet holes so where your round hits is where the hole will be is what ArmA needs. Please don't give me the bullshit that ArmA can't handle it. It is a texture that's it with a little bit of coding. It is pure laziness from the Development team.

I hope they find a way to make it interesting! Maybe you'll have a shit meter.

Yeah, should be a core feature. Teabagging will be so old gen....

Don't see how gore scenes would improve gameplay. Somebody said that it would allow to incorporate complex medical treating system. It can be done without it as well. Some wound textures will do the job. OK, ARMA is some sort of simulator but there must be boundaries. I still remember soldier who got wounded during bomb attack. Massive burn injuries of his body was nothing comparing it to the fact that he didn't have lower part of his face (We made him new mandible using fibular free flap - he was very happy with the results in case if you want to know). I don't think that putting similar stuff in ARMA should be BIS priority. There are other things that could be done to make ARMA better game.

..Because then the soldier can't get revived anyway../B]

A serious player doesn't uses revive.

Putting revive in a mission (awfully common though..) you are instantly stealing from the player the "fear of death" and things as

Carefully planning-Carefully moving-No stupid Rambo things-Real Teamwork or else..see your team from spectator screen or... GTFO to play Dora the Explorer

Make violence level selectable: No Blood // Blood //Slaughterhouse Mode (aka Simulation)

Edited by GiorgyGR

If you want realism and immersion then seeing bodyparts after a bomb/attack just has a slightly bigger impact on what the hell just happened.

It´s not the pretty side of war but it is the real side of it.

A serious player doesn't uses revive.

Putting revive in a mission (awfully common though..) you are instantly stealing from the player the "fear of death" and things as

Carefully planning-Carefully moving-No stupid Rambo things-Real Teamwork or else..see your team from spectator screen or... GTFO to play Dora the Explorer

Arma III is lacking a Dodah the Explodah character

captcab0a49c271a49f8a94692df60deec7diraq_female_suicide_bombers_bag5011.jpg