Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

Serious injuries (graphic) - gore/violence

There was actually a gore mod for Arma 2 released not too long ago. Was completely over the top but it worked.

where where where

No blood in a war game is like no reflection in a mirror.

As example: A headshot is simply a bloody affair.

i didnt realize SLX said this in the features...

SLX_Anim_Death: Faster dying animations. Based on timings from real footage.

Dependencies: None.

so these guys went through watching real footage (bless their souls) just so they can give us the experience... now sorry that has earned my respect.

if BI were willing to do this like non-official mod devs then well were laughing.

like the post above... a mirror without reflection is just basically a window.

I wouldn't mind more blood but limbs comming off is definelty needed even when the unit is still alive.

I wouldn't mind more blood but limbs comming off is definelty needed even when the unit is still alive.
what for is that needed?

what for is that needed?

As a medic carry my teammates off the battlefield to a medical vehicle or building and the AI doing the same. I am neutral for blood or the insides being shown.

Because BIS doesn't really interested by more simulation, ACE+ACRE+SLX with a new version using all the features of RV4 and SLX more like VBS2 2.0 could make A3 the ultimate simulation, really awesome. I really hope that SLX improve for A3!

As a medic carry my teammates off the battlefield to a medical vehicle or building and the AI doing the same. I am neutral for blood or the insides being shown.
Evem the old first aid module made player simply rather klick repawn instead off waiting till someone patched them up...simply because it usually took to long anyway.

I really hope that SLX improve for A3!

Sorry but no chance of that -solus left Arma a long time ago.

I'm sorry guys but for me the horror of war really adds to the immersion, especially after a difficult firefight.

Sorry but no chance of that -solus left Arma a long time ago.

Why, did he stop to play Arma? No news?

Because BIS doesn't really interested by more simulation, ACE+ACRE+SLX with a new version using all the features of RV4 and SLX more like VBS2 2.0 could make A3 the ultimate simulation, really awesome. I really hope that SLX improve for A3!

I heard a developer say that Arma is not a simulation in the sense it teaches you about how to figt a real war but a sandbox simulation of various vehicles, weapons and other assets,

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 ----------

Evem the old first aid module made player simply rather klick repawn instead off waiting till someone patched them up...simply because it usually took to long anyway.

Some did, many others enjoy the gameplay of rescuing people and trying to get them back to base before they died.

Some did, many others enjoy the gameplay of rescuing people and trying to get them back to base before they died.

Me - The ppl i play with are alot better shooters, i mostly played the Medic, mopping up and loved it!

I don't wanna advertise... but take a look on the Battlefield 2 Modification "Project Reality". They have achieved a lot... and it's just a modification!

First Aid for every class, advanced features for field medics and at least more blood!!

I'm sorry to say that, but I won't buy the game if there are no advanced medical system and better looking wounds and gore. And I'm not the only one.

This is a simple side-effect which enhances the gameplay dramatically. So implement it please!!

I think that good way to increase immersion and "gore" without dismemberment is for BIS making any wall, trees, bushes, glass - literally any object - left blood marks on it.

It would also give us better orientation in the situation. If not overdone it can look much better and immersive.

Vote: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9037

To devs/modders on this page - is tex-overlay capable in A3 engine on any objects - land owned and dynamically placed in editor possible?

I heard a developer say that Arma is not a simulation in the sense it teaches you about how to figt a real war but a sandbox simulation of various vehicles, weapons and other assets,

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 ----------

sim is relative. dcs might be a sim, but compared to something used by the military, it's still a game.

besides, sim or not isn't the point. realistic violence and game are not mutually exclusive. plenty of games have far more realistic visual damage and injuring systems than arma 3, ro2 for example. but considering that ro2 has weapon resting and proper cover system, it might be even more of a sim than arma 3.

sim is relative. dcs might be a sim, but compared to something used by the military, it's still a game.

Not the best example. DCS A-10C is built on the same technology and data as TFC's A-10C desktop training simulator. While ED's commercial product is missing some classified data, it is actually a more fully-formed simulator than its military counterpart.

Not the best example. DCS A-10C is built on the same technology and data as TFC's A-10C desktop training simulator. While ED's commercial product is missing some classified data, it is actually a more fully-formed simulator than its military counterpart.

I'll use it in a different way then.

An example of a game that is simply more indepth than others is DCS. You could call it a sim as I bet one could at least survive for a fair bit in whatever craft, provided they learned thoroughly.

An example of a true sim would be something the RAF uses. This literally takes a full cockpit of an aircraft (Typhoon where I am), put into a 360 degree dome with projectors casting such an image. Missions can then be loaded and objects etc placed in, but there is a whole array of networking and features (almost everything except the ejection seat works) that differentiate it from DCS.

this issue isn't clearly going to die off so something may as well be done just to shut us up..

this issue isn't clearly going to die off so something may as well be done just to shut us up..

Because it is really simple to implement something like this... :rolleyes: