Sign in to follow this  
Spooky804

Tank Interiors

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the interiors of the tanks are going to be modelled or if it is going to be like in previous titles where you just get the vision louvre or gun sight surrounded by blackness?

well, we were hoping to see 3D scopes for weapons finally, and there it comes. Hopefully we will see real tank interiors as well.

I hope so!! Having been a tank crewman myself in the real US Army i would love to see some more love given to my ride lol.

In Arma 2 I thought the BTR-90 had the whole thing, gunner, driver, all that snazzy stuff. Also, the BRDMs all had visible interiors for driver and passengers. Mostly just things that didn't have passengers, which really sucked for tank drivers without 3rd person. either gotta turn out or locked in cruddy view only able to see forward.

BTR and BRDM are not tanks though. i am talkin about like the MBTs (Abrams, T-90, etc.), heavy personnel carriers (BMP, Bradley, BMD, LAV, AAV) , and assorted other heavy vehicles like Shilkas.

Edited by Spooky804

I really hope that tanks and armored vehicles will have interiors, it would be much more immersive because you could have PiP monitors that show a thermal/night vision/normal view outside of the tank

Wishful thinking but I hope that BIS won't include tanks into beta because they are working on cockpits.

With car cockpits being so immersive now I can only imagine how great would tank interiors feel compared to OFP which was the last time we saw them...

I think PhysX is a more likely reason, due to the difference of wheeled and tracked vehicles.

That would also explain why the IFV, or whatever you want to call it, that will be in the beta is a 6x6.

Well, they've got both PhysX and tank interiors in VBS2 which is based on an older engine, so they should be perfectly able to do it in A3. Should've been able to in A2 as well really.

I think they're able to, since it will be done eventually, but right now there are some more pressing matters to attend to. They just have to get around to implementing them.

Ehhh Dont count on it... Well maybe if they are going to give the merkava the troop carrying capability but again I wouldnt count on that

it's a matter of resources used vs what is gained. Atm, what is to be gained is little, hence it won't worth the trouble. As rough as it sounds, this is precisely the reality.

Search

Search

Search

About every question about ArmA 3 has been answered a few times before :) And what Pufu said, huge amount of work, incredibly little gain for what is an infantry-centric game.

I do wonder, though, about the marketing value of doing tank interiors. People who like tanks may be drawn to the game by the idea. That said, it may make no difference whatsoever.

from a marketing POV, they better include a better system to replace the hitpoint one, including better armor deflection and penetration. That would be a plus over any sort of tank interior.

Yep, while i agree that the dammage system needs some more love, everything that increases immersion is worth it, and the A2 "interior" view of the tanks is just ridiculous.

Yep, while i agree that the dammage system needs some more love, everything that increases immersion is worth it, and the A2 "interior" view of the tanks is just ridiculous.

Yes but if they don't make it usable (look through other scopes\windows\displays) what is the point of it?

Also, it sets the standard for tanks (at least official ones) a little big higher => Less vehicles.

The same thing could be said about APCs so I don't know (ofc). They have a cargo space (just like the Merkava) so that could be the difference?

But i'd like the interior to be functional, at least a little.

People can sit in it = very functional ;)

Hello there

There may very well be things of greater importance to spend time/assets to work on but when using mods with tank interiors it transforms the game from a takers perspective.

I'd like to see it included even at very low detail. It's the multiple periscopes/view ports for me that help the immersion.

Rgds

LoK

Search

Search

Search

About every question about ArmA 3 has been answered a few times before :) And what Pufu said, huge amount of work, incredibly little gain for what is an infantry-centric game.

I wouldn't say infantry centered, it's more of a combined arms game were infantry and various vehicle roles are done in a realistic way. Before Arma I had high hopes for combined arms in games such as planetside 2 and Bf3, but the whole infantry centered part made vehicles a free kill essentially unless you spent a ridiculous amount of time in them or had natural skill. Arma 3 needs to do combined arms right and realistically. It's Militery centered for combined arms warfare.

I wouldn't say infantry centered, it's more of a combined arms game were infantry and various vehicle roles are done in a realistic way. Before Arma I had high hopes for combined arms in games such as planetside 2 and Bf3, but the whole infantry centered part made vehicles a free kill essentially unless you spent a ridiculous amount of time in them or had natural skill. Arma 3 needs to do combined arms right and realistically. It's Militery centered for combined arms warfare.

IIRC the devs called it Infantry centred. Thus invalidating what we may call it :P

I'd like to see it included even at very low detail.

The problem with that is it opens them up to all sorts of criticism about "poor quality models" etc etc. They pretty much have to go all or nothing, otherwise they're shooting them selves in the foot in terms of review scores and percieved "quality".

Well tank interiors demand doubled times spent on modeling. Anyway I would like to see it being implemented.

The problem with that is it opens them up to all sorts of criticism about "poor quality models" etc etc. They pretty much have to go all or nothing, otherwise they're shooting them selves in the foot in terms of review scores and percieved "quality".
Pretty much this -- and considering how people can and already do nitpick over the infantry and light vehicles, I wouldn't be surprised if the devs decide that the safer choice is simply "settle for nothing instead of trying for all".