Great script Farooq, thanks a lot for the time spent on it.

Could you please make a FAR_Mute_ACRE function for whom uses Task Force Radio instead of Acre?

(http://radio.task-force.ru/en/)

Hi im trying to install this but get no indication that its working.

can anybody help?

How exactly do i mke an sqf file,i did it but im not sure i did it rite

i got this working but can someone explain to me why sometimes a unit is NOT revivavle?

thanks mate for this script

Edited by redarmy

Guys i want your assistance ASAP please.

We r using this revive some months ago-and we are pretty pleased with "How it's performing"-

But..desperate times require desperate measures so..

"I want a way for server Admin (the game master) to -silently- allow or disallow a revive."

Of course i dont have problem to implement such a function inside the mission itself.

Ditto for request that will help with Task Force Radio...also I am using the alive module and there seems to be an issue with players being set as captive on revive and respawn. Alive thinks this is Farooq's related. However I recently had a similar complaint from a mission that does not use Alive or task force radio. In other words I am wondering if anyone else using Farooq's revive is having issues with random "setcaptive = true" sticking to revived and respawned players. If so then this is also a bug report. lol. I really like this light weight script though. Thanks!

Edited by RomeoQuiznos

Add a respawn eventhandler and do setCatovie false

Hi im trying to install this but get no indication that its working.

can anybody help?

How exactly do i mke an sqf file,i did it but im not sure i did it rite

i got this working but can someone explain to me why sometimes a unit is NOT revivavle?

thanks mate for this script

use notepad or notepad++ to create the .sqf file. Make sure to use the dropdown menu to save is as "All Files" in notepad or "All types (*.*)" in notepad++ Make sure you put the .sqf in the name of your file [saveas filename.sqf].

Fork'd.

I won't be working on that at all any more, on account of CupMed existing and farooq apparently returning, so I'm just leaving it there for anyone to do as they please.

Farroq, thank you very much for the effort on this small but nice addition.

Quick question: is it possible to have a random countdown interval selected by the mission maker but without the visible bleedout countdown menu..?

Observation: I've been noticing when a player gets revived and healed after the first fix the injured icon does not disappear even several treatments. This issue happened with Farooq's Revive 1.4d, does it also happen to Farooq's Revive 1.5?

I have read through this thread and am not finding anything specific to what I need. I need to be able to have several units set to "setCaptive True" for the entirety of the mission. I really dont have any other option than using farooq's since my unit has transitioned to it for the time-being. Anyone have any ideas of how to accomplish this for just a few units (approx 6-8).

I am using this on an ITB training mission for new recruits and we need to be invisible to enemy AI while the recruits are not.

Thanks in Advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Cpl Godwin

Machinegunner/ITB Instructor

15thMEU Realism Unit, Echo Company

I have read through this thread and am not finding anything specific to what I need. I need to be able to have several units set to "setCaptive True" for the entirety of the mission. I really dont have any other option than using farooq's since my unit has transitioned to it for the time-being. Anyone have any ideas of how to accomplish this for just a few units (approx 6-8).

I am using this on an ITB training mission for new recruits and we need to be invisible to enemy AI while the recruits are not.

Thanks in Advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Cpl Godwin

Machinegunner/ITB Instructor

15thMEU Realism Unit, Echo Company

If they are all in the same group, you could do this:

{_x setCaptive true} forEach units GroupOfYourUnits;

And if you need to make sure they stay "captive", this should work:

{
 _x spawn
 {
   while true do
   {
     waitUntil {captive _this == false};
     _this setCaptive true;
   };
 };
} forEach units GroupOfYourUnits;

Although a better alternative would be to replace the "true" in "while true do" with some variable that you can switch off if required.

Still, those should work.

Edited by ProfCupcake
*whoops*

HELP PLEASE: Getting an error saying "Script FAR_revive\FAR_revive_funcs.sqf not found" When the mission starts that error appears but when i close it and get in the mission it says Farooq's Revive 1.5 is intialized. I followed the installation instructions from the readme file exactly. I'd really appreciate any help.

I was wondering if there was any way to allow revive only within a triggered area?

HELP PLEASE: Getting an error saying "Script FAR_revive\FAR_revive_funcs.sqf not found" When the mission starts that error appears but when i close it and get in the mission it says Farooq's Revive 1.5 is intialized. I followed the installation instructions from the readme file exactly. I'd really appreciate any help.

Check the name of your file in mission root directory. I had this problem yesterday and found that the file name was FAR_revive-master. Delete the -master part and it should work.

On a side note, a brilliant, uncomplicated script. However, having issues with movement after revive (the character seems to move without any imput from the keyboard/mouse). Has anyone had any issues like this, and if so how did you fix it?

Cheers in advance

However, having issues with movement after revive (the character seems to move without any imput from the keyboard/mouse). Has anyone had any issues like this, and if so how did you fix it?

Yeah, me too... And I have no idea how to fix it, just like you. ;) Although pressing the key that's being simulated resolves it immediately.

Edited by Pergor

If they are all in the same group, you could do this:

{_x setCaptive true} forEach units GroupOfYourUnits;

And if you need to make sure they stay "captive", this should work:

{
 _x spawn
 {
   while true do
   {
     waitUntil {captive _this == false};
     _this setCaptive true;
   };
 };
} forEach units GroupOfYourUnits;

Although a better alternative would be to replace the "true" in "while true do" with some variable that you can switch off if required.

Still, those should work.

Thanks, I will give these a shot!

is it possible to have a random countdown interval selected by the mission maker but without the visible bleedout countdown menu..?

Any solution for this question?

I found this as a temporary solution:

// file name: FAR_revive_funcs.sqf

// Call this code only on players

if (isPlayer _unit) then

{

FAR_BleedOut = [8,30,60,150,200,210,220,230,240,280,290] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; // Edited (b6 test)

_bleedOut = time + FAR_BleedOut;

// If enabled, unconscious units will not be able to use ACRE radio, hear other people or use proximity chat

FAR_MuteACRE = false;

This would be cool for Task Force Arrowhead Radio...

Also: i modified the script so everyone with a FirstAidKit can revive (it will be consumed in that process), and everyone with a MediKid (if there are also FistAidKits in inventory they will not be consumed). I'm using it in my missions, hope that's ok ? i have to say in comparsion to other revive scripts this is exelent in both functionality and simplicity. <3

Edited by Vasilyevich

Great script, thanks!

Is there a way to revive AI in MP sessions? As it is you can only revive AI in SP. Is there something preventing it to work in MP?

Good script, like it a lot, only one thing:I tried to have a respawn "group" option as whell as the revive, but this seems to change the revive mechanic: in the mission I made, the revive option is now only present on player units, AI cannot be revived, whereas when I disable the respawn I can revive IA. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hello, is there any configuration for the suicide option? I couldn't find anything in the configs. I'd like to make a timer so that player cannot suicide till a timer runs out, say like 30 seconds. Tried adding sleep 30; however it seems to totally ignore it..

Edited by kyle142

You'd have to--if it exists--find in the script where it says something like:

disableUserInput true;

disableUserInput false;

and stick a small timer in between.

You'd have to--if it exists--find in the script where it says something like:

disableUserInput true;

disableUserInput false;

and stick a small timer in between.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Hello,

I'm trying your script out and it seems to have everything I look for.

But unfortunally I seem to have trouble with the respawns using the Zeus game mode. Do I need to

have any specific settings in the description file or something to be able to respawn on the Zeus marker?

Or is there a way to disable the respawn and let zeus handle it in case of a suicide / bleedout?

Edit: Ok, it was just me being stupid, thanks for a good script!

Edited by Taxen0