Hello guys,

Here is my problem, i just write the code bellow to definitly kill a person when he is unconcious. It works well but i have a little problem. The action kill player (in french it's "achever" or "achever la personne") appear, even if i'm far from the body i want to kill ! I don't understand, because i used the same instruction as revive player (which works well).

There is the code :

from FAR_revive_funcs :

player addAction ["<t color=""#C90000"">" + "Achever la personne" + "</t>", "FAR_revive\FAR_handleAction.sqf", ["action_achever"], 10, false, true, "", "call FAR_Check_achever"];

and

FAR_HandleAchever =
{
private["_target"];
_target= _this select 0;

if(alive _target) then
{
player playMove "AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon_medic";
sleep 6;
_target setDamage 1;
};
};

and

FAR_Check_achever =
{
private["_target", "_isTargetUnconscious", "_isDragged"];

_return = false;
_target=cursorTarget;

if( !alive player || _isPlayerUnconscious == 1 || FAR_isDragging || isNil "_target" || !alive _target || (!isPlayer _target && !FAR_Debugging) || (_target distance player) > 2 ) exitWith
{
	_return
};

_isTargetUnconscious = _target getVariable "FAR_isUnconscious";
_isDragged = _target getVariable "FAR_isDragged";

if (_isTargetUnconscious == 1 && _isDragged == 0 && ((currentWeapon player == primaryWeapon player) || (currentWeapon player == handgunWeapon player)) && (currentWeapon player != "")) then
{
	_return = true;
};

_return
};

if (_action == "action_achever") then
{
[cursorTarget] spawn FAR_HandleAchever;
};

I hope you can help me ! And thanks Farooq, for the great job !! (sorry for bad english)

Anyone know how to add it so when I or friends respawn we have the weapons/items we died with? cause right now when dying and using this script you lose everything :(

Hello, i really like this script but i have two little problems.

First:

When a player died once he disappears from the editing list in the Zeus interface. AFAIK hes not even in the group with other players anymore (players who did not die yet dont see that "circle" thing on the player who died).

I made 2 pictures:

[sorry i cant post links yet, i'll need to wait one day]

Before the player died: imgur /FM7QEGU.jpg

After the player died: imgur /oJNwczK.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Second:

When iam bleeding it says that there is no medic nearby, even though another player stands right next to me. He is not a medic but it should still work. Or am i wrong here?

I sat the parameter on who can revive to "1" (everyone)

Hey farooq,

first of all i want to say is thankyou so very much for the revive script! works wonders!

I was also wondering if you would be doing a compatability with Zeus. seeing as though growing zeus servers are using your script. The main issue there is when the script is installed, it erases the unit from the edit side bar when a player spawns in, making zeus unable to locate the people playing. Nor will you be able to set AI to go after that target in particular. Ive looked into the scriptings and fiddled with what i could but unfortunately my knowledge for scripting lacks :) Love to hear back from you soon.

-Hash_Cookie

Not what I want mate!

I am using Virtual Ammo Box and that saves loadouts and loads them! BUT what I want is to NOT go all the way back to my base just to load the loadout again

rather than just where I die, respawn near to where I died, and with all the weapons I died with! This script (farooq's revive) must have it somewhere to enable when

dying you spawn once again with what you had when dying!

Hey Guys,

Need a little help here ;)

I am trying to implement this for an Arma 3 Wasteland server and finding a few small issues ;(

Firstly thank you for an easy to use script that's lightweight and does the job ;)

My issue really is the following:

1. Players take 1 hit and go into an unconscious state - is this working as intended?
  2. Secondly , how can I set a threshold for unconscious state? i.e. if a player takes more than 80% damage, they go unconscious.
  3. Lastly - players who are revived, come back with 100hp ? can this not be set to a lower value ? So you need to use a fak perhaps?

Thanks in advance for your help xD

This script (farooq's revive) must have it somewhere to enable when

dying you spawn once again with what you had when dying!

Nope, it doesn't.

Not what I want mate!

I am using Virtual Ammo Box and that saves loadouts and loads them! BUT what I want is to NOT go all the way back to my base just to load the loadout again

rather than just where I die, respawn near to where I died, and with all the weapons I died with!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148577 does exactly that. You can configure (or rather execute) it in a way that the loadouts you had before you died will be saved and given back to you upon respawn, including the ammo-count.

If you want to respawn with the same loadout everytime, you have to create a loadout script and add it as an MPEventhandler "mprespawn" to your units. Respawning "near to where I died" is not a function of FAR-Revive, you'll have write a script that moves your respawn-marker with your units if you want that, or use =BTC=-Revive's mobile respawn option, or the respawn option "Instant".

My issue really is the following:

1. Players take 1 hit and go into an unconscious state - is this working as intended?
  2. Secondly , how can I set a threshold for unconscious state? i.e. if a player takes more than 80% damage, they go unconscious.
  3. Lastly - players who are revived, come back with 100hp ? can this not be set to a lower value ? So you need to use a fak perhaps?

1. If the hit would otherwise have been lethal, then yes. I think the unconcious-state kicks in as soon as the player hits {_amountOfDamage >= 1}. So you can't really lower that threshold anymore, which is an answer for 2. as well. I think Psychobastard's Arma 3 Revive System AIS has a variable to increase the damage tolerance.

3. Take a look at the FAR_revive_init.sqf. That's generally a good idea: most scripts have an init- or a setup-file that offers variables to adjust the scripts to your likings. You should always look for those first.

Edited by Pergor

Hey guys it's possible to add the possibility to load wounded/incoscious units inside vehicles?

How can I disable the abort keys whilst in bleedout. I have players disconnecting and then respawning in same location due to saving player location on logout

I want to make this revive script optional and have this at the end of my init.sqf:

switch (paramsArray select 2) do {

case 0: {call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";};

case 1: {hint "Revive disabled, SIDE respawn into AI still available."};

};

I tested it and if I get shot, I'm revivable but if I kill a friendly playable unit AI, they die whereas just this in the init:

call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";

allows me to revive playable AI.

So how do I make this optional with playable AI still being revivable?

Hi gents, I was wondering if it's possible to change so you need a first aid kit to revive and that it's gone after reviving?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.

Edited by Kingbengan

Hey guys it's possible to add the possibility to load wounded/incoscious units inside vehicles?

no one?

the script doesn't seem to be ejecting me out of a vehicle before dying anymore. The code looks right, not sure what is going on here...

the script doesn't seem to be ejecting me out of a vehicle before dying anymore. The code looks right, not sure what is going on here...

So normally it ejects you out of vehicle and then you die correct? I saw this on a server I was playing on and did not care for it. I've yet to fully implement this script so have not tested it out yet.

Look for any incidences of the "eject" command, and replace with "getOut". BIS removed our ability to eject players from some vehicle positions in ArmA 1.20.

Hi all,

Have any of you noticed a bug with Farooq's Revive concerning helicopter crashes?

I noticed that when I crash in a helicopter the entire game locks up from an input perspective. Nothing on my keyboard or mouse will work (except for alt-tab).

The game however is still going on around me, I can hear gun shots, see my fuel decreasing etc.

There is a workaround for when I'm playing with a group of friends. Whenever this happens Zeus/MCC has to delete the wreckage, the player will then "roll out" of the wreckage and is then revive-able and able to input commands.

However this doesn't work very well if I am logged into MCC/Zeus and I crash. Then we end up having to wait 5 minutes for the wreck to despawn.

Has anyone heard of a fix for this?

I noticed that when I crash in a helicopter the entire game locks up from an input perspective. Nothing on my keyboard or mouse will work (except for alt-tab).

The game however is still going on around me, I can hear gun shots, see my fuel decreasing etc.

Open FAR_revive_funcs.sqf and replace

while {vehicle _unit != _unit} do 

with

if (vehicle _unit != _unit) then 

Hope this helps.

This is a great script, does pretty much exactly what I want it to.

But I have two problems with it.

1.) When a Zeus-controlled player character dies (suicide/bleedout) he looses his ability to go into Zeus interface, despite it being set to logged-in admin.

2.) On death the players loose their gear, but it's easy to amend since bootcamp, though I have no possibility of restricting players to given class, unfortunately.

Is there a way to disable / restrict the ESC-Button while unconscious? It dont want the players to logout and go back to lobby while they are waiting for a medic?!

Is there a way to disable / restrict the ESC-Button while unconscious? It dont want the players to logout and go back to lobby while they are waiting for a medic?!

I'd advise against that and recommend using the #lock/#unlock server commands. What you're trying to achieve would detain players from using the game settings (what else would you want to do while unconcious?) or closing the game regularly if necessary. I wouldn't play a mission or on a server with this kind of restriction and I can't imagine many people thinking otherwise.

I'd advise against that and recommend using the #lock/#unlock server commands. What you're trying to achieve would detain players from using the game settings (what else would you want to do while unconcious?) or closing the game regularly if necessary. I wouldn't play a mission or on a server with this kind of restriction and I can't imagine many people thinking otherwise.

this is not what im asking for.

this is not what im asking for.

But that's as good as it gets. If what you're asking for is not a good idea, you should be thankful for people pointing you in the right direction.

But as it seems pauseOnLoad.sqf isn't implemented in Arma 3. Alternatively try http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179694-Disable-Key-Press-Input. Which you could have found if you'd have tried a simple search.

Im not asking for fun, but for a reason... i use this script on altis life and if ppl get shot they just logout and join again, this way they dont lose any items.

Open FAR_revive_funcs.sqf and replace
while {vehicle _unit != _unit} do 

with

if (vehicle _unit != _unit) then 

Hope this helps.

Thanks a ton Pepperinho, this fixed the script perfectly. No more problems in the helicopter.