Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Basically what I was trying to point out was that the mk48 box mags are much larger vertically when compared to a mk46 as seen in the pictures below. I have always judged the boxes based on their length diferencecompared to the pistol grip. If you notice on your models it is almost an identical match to the mk46, whereas the mk48 is much longer vertically. Also if you guys need any reference pictures of AOR2 gear, combat sets, or anything hard to find online I can get you that, sizing, up close high res shots... the only exeptions would probably be ANVG18s and the GPs, but any other NVG unit most likely someone I know has it and can get you pictures, AOR1 CPC, sentinel nvgs? No problem got that aswell. Anything I can do to help would be awesome, I really want to get an amazing SOF addon for A3.

48: http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/ChainSniper/Airsoft%20Multimedia/Ranger%20Photos/KIABraceletGunner.jpg

46: http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/ChainSniper/Airsoft%20Multimedia/Ranger%20Photos/ParaStockGunner.jpg

Warden is right, even though it's a small detail. The MK48 ammo box needs to be alittle longer if that makes any sense, and also not angled on the right side like a 249 ammo box is. The overall shape is good though. Here's some good examples that illustrate the point.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/wp-content/uploads/Webcontent/gallery/80/2029SEAL-with-Mk-48_PG.jpg

http://www.dogfightink.com/Mk48Mod0.jpg

Like I said, small detail, still love the model. :D

-edit-

one more

http://noveskerifleworks.com/imimg/mk48_1.jpg

Edited by SuicideCommando

Yea i agree too thanks for pointing it out guys :)

I really want to get an amazing SOF addon for A3.

Warden, thanks for taking interest in our project what you said is one of the inspirational sources for this project.

Thanks for the constructive criticism guys.

Warden_1, I understand what you mean now. Will be changed when I get around to it real soon! Thanks.

Awesome, I love you guys.

One more thing and I will shut up until you release more screens lol. Can we get some Sand and RG Cryes, as well as proper light reflection on the airflex and older gen Crye knee pads, they shouldn't be shiny. Also I started working on NSW units long ago for A3 and one thing I did that I really liked that I havent seen before is mixing the patterns. IE Doing AOR2 shirt over MC pants, and visa versa. Its rather common in the SOF community and looks hot. I know my addon went from 159MB to 260MB just by adding the alternate variants, but maybe you could have 2 versions one streamlined for people who dont particularly care about accuracy and a huge version with every possible combination you can come up with. Unfortunately this is the only way I know of to do this seeing as the A3 devs decided not to go the separate pants and shirts way... which seems dumb to me but is likely backed by some logic. Anyways here are some pics of the Sand Cryes and a mix of patterns. Also another thing I did was include in some of the pants the Galco belts so often seen in on SOF personnel:

MC/AOR2 (Note this is a reenactment kit)

gEEVA9i.jpg

RealTree/MC

http://i.imgur.com/oueXu2J.jpg

AOR1/AOR2 and galco (Oh and with short sleeve variants any chance they can be like the ripped ones below? That is also extremely common.)

http://i.imgur.com/Xga4V6D.jpg

Galco belt:

http://i.imgur.com/VvdWlfj.jpg

Edited by PurePassion

Also I started working on NSW units long ago for A3 and one thing I did that I really liked that I havent seen before is mixing the patterns. IE Doing AOR2 shirt over MC pants, and visa versa. Its rather common in the SOF community and looks hot. I know my addon went from 159MB to 260MB just by adding the alternate variants, but maybe you could have 2 versions one streamlined for people who dont particularly care about accuracy and a huge version with every possible combination you can come up with.

That can be done quite easily without increasing the overall size of the addon by defining the shirt and trousers (pants) as two separate hiddenselections.

Depending on whether the whole uniform model (shirt and trousers) is mapped to a single UV set or not, it might cause a slight increase demand on hardware resources by loading two textures at a time where it would normally load one; but probably nothing too detrimental to performance (the Indep. officer model uses the shirt from the CSAT officer and trousers from normal Indep. units, with two separate UVs and two separate hiddenselections to merge them into one uniform). The alternative would be to give the shirt and trousers separate UVs - i.e. 1 UV tile per hiddenselection like most vehicles in Arma 3 have.

Warden not to burst your bubble but we are focusing on rangers at the moment seals could come someday though but we would prefer we keep the discussion on ranger related stuff :)

-snip!-

While I agree with you, it may be too much work to have to create entire garments (like the Real tree top) just because one guy out of hundreds of SEALs wore it so happened to be captured on camera. I'm sure there are tons of self bought civilian gear in circulation it's not really feasible to do all the items just because X wore Y once. :(

Oh my apologies, why are you releasing AOR screens and GPNVG?

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Yes, but I am simply saying take all the uniforms you plan on making and mix and match the tops and bottoms, just so we have some AOR1 over AOR2 stuff and visa versa. Not do the real tree camo just because of one picture. I am just saying they dont always wear only one pattern at a time.

I like what da12thMonkey was talking about with the hiddenselections that is exactly what I am talking about.

Okay you are right about that thing but the AOR camos were already made long time ago when we first startede at that time we didn't know exactly what dirrection we wanted to take but now we do and we decided to start with Rangers. If you had read the first post of the thread you'd know :) regarding the short sleeved shirt or ripped off version, every little detail can take up a lot of time, you should know that already it will be considered though for when we get to seals :)

What kind of weapons have you got planned - if you can say? Would love a M40A3 or similer variant :D

What kind of weapons have you got planned - if you can say? Would love a M40A3 or similer variant :D

Sorry Brad but as we stated before, i wont be doing any Marpat camo, neither will we have a Marine direction any time soon. The M40 System is not used by Rangers neither other units currently planned in to be featured in our modification. If you would have properly informed yourself on Page 1 of this thread you might have noticed....

Yeah subtle yet very apparent difference when examined closely, they are both basically Rem 700s that are changed by the branch that receives them. The army converts it to a M24 sws system and the marines switch it to the m40xx system... thus the ragnars use the m24.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

So I guess we can expect some really nice mk16 and 17 models as well as some more opscore pron and some RLCS? Oh and AVS would be amazing.

Yeah subtle yet very apparent difference when examined closely, they are both basically Rem 700s that are changed by the branch that receives them. The army converts it to a M24 sws system and the marines switch it to the m40xx system... thus the ragnars use the m24.

So I guess we can expect some really nice mk16 and 17 models as well as some more opscore pron and some RLCS? Oh and AVS would be amazing.

AVS is a bit... progressive/edgy :p Anyway this is all getting abit technical and pedantic to those who aren't as enthusiastic towards 100% accuracy and just want some rangers. Peeps, we will make stuff that is confirmed and regularly used by whatever unit we're doing. That doesn't mean things that look similar to what the unit use or based on speculations.

Edited by JeffersPang

Sorry to burst your bubble, but USSOCOM is replacing the M24s/M40s and Mk13 Mod 5 systems (the Mk13 will be in circulation for a bit longer though, even though the system is fairly old not as old as the M24 or M40s but still fairly old) with the Remington MSR which can change the caliber being used. Remember they are focusing on 2013-2014 Regiment as of now, and the MSR from photos has started to make frequent circulation within units since 2012. Granted I still do think Sniper Rifle shooting basics will still be taught with the M24 system as it is a great rifle to learn the basics of ballistics with.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but USSOCOM is replacing the M24s/M40s and Mk13 Mod 5 systems (the Mk13 will be in circulation for a bit longer though, even though the system is fairly old not as old as the M24 or M40s but still fairly old) with the Remington MSR which can change the caliber being used. Remember they are focusing on 2013-2014 Regiment as of now, and the MSR from photos has started to make frequent circulation within units since 2012. Granted I still do think Sniper Rifle shooting basics will still be taught with the M24 system as it is a great rifle to learn the basics of ballistics with.

It's not an MSR per se, it's the same M24 long action taken straight out of the M24 to save money, a new barrel (changed from a 1:11.25 to a 1:10 twist) to optimise use of the .300 and then fitted to the MSR-like chassis and then designated the (X)M2010.

The M24 can be chambered in .300 Win mag (and many with SF were rechambered in .300) with little work due to the long action it uses unlike the M40A5 (current iteration) which uses a short action.

I also believe the Mk13 Mod 5 is also in use with NavSpecWarCom (The rifles them self are built up by armorers at NSW Crane using Remington actions, ACIS kits and various aftermarket parts such as Nighforce scopes and KAC Supressors) rather than USSOCOM as a whole, although i have seen some photos of MARSOC units with them.

Edited by Scarecrow398

I am very thankful for the interist everyone is showing in this modification.

But i would appreciate it highly if you would not dive head first into some speculations as of which weaponsystems or clothing will make it into the pack.

I can assure everyone that we are doing our best to come up with a version we, as a team, feel satisfied releasing.

Some people might have mistaken our work for some sort of odd whishlist where they can just drop in everything THEY want to see inside the pack, sadly gentleman, none of your subtile requests will be considered.

Great work so far guys, looking awesome!!

Wish people would just let them get on with it instead of requesting 1000s of variations of what they want, just leave them to it...

It's not an MSR per se, it's the same M24 long action taken straight out of the M24 to save money, a new barrel (changed from a 1:11.25 to a 1:10 twist) to optimise use of the .300 and then fitted to the MSR-like chassis and then designated the (X)M2010.

SOCOM did buy a bunch of MSRs earlier in the year, separate to the US Army's purchase of M2010. They ran a tender for a modular sniper weapon that could be chambered in .308 Win., .300 Win. Mag. and .338 Lapua that was competed between the Remington MSR, Sako M10, FNH Ballista (think Accuracy International also put forward a modular rifle based on the AX as well). Remington's rifle won. The program was called 'Precision Sniper Rifle' (PSR).

M2010 is as you say only chambered in .300 Win. Mag.

No idea if or when Rangers will get the MSRs though, you'd have to ask SOCOM. The most recent pic I've seen of one of their blokes using a bolt-action rifle was a Mk.13 (this one appears to be an earlier model than the Mod 5, like a Mod 2 or something), which is broadly similar to the M2010 being a long-action Remington 700 chambered in .300 Win. Mag, but bedded into an AICS. However that pic was less than a month after the PSR contract was awarded.

As fluttershy said though, there not much point discussing it really. They already have in mind the sort of weapons they want to make.

Edited by da12thMonkey

AVS is a bit... progressive/edgy :p Anyway this is all getting abit technical and pedantic to those who aren't as enthusiastic towards 100% accuracy and just want some rangers. Peeps, we will make stuff that is confirmed and regularly used by whatever unit we're doing. That doesn't mean things that look similar to what the unit use or based on speculations.

AVS is currently issued to Rangers... They just got another shipment of it in last week...

Gentlemen, can we please stop arguing / listing what is 100% accurate and what isn't. We have already said that we will be using kit that is confirmed and regularly used by the unit, not something we would have to scour invoices for.

Ultimately we decide what goes into it, and I have 100% trust in the team that works on kit / character models to deliver the most accurate units they possibly can.