Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

My friend, as I have stated before, the C-17 can do really short landings. Take offs can be fairly good as well, I mean you have 4 turbofan engines with like 40,000lb of thrust each! Seeing as Stratis is pretty much a base island for the "NATO" forces they would need to get resupplies other than airdrops as the landscape is pretty rough, so I imagine some kind of cargo plane has to land.

We'll see I guess. :)

If U think the C-17 can do short runway landings and takeoffs, take a look here.

That's a great helmet. Love the details on the straps :D

Would love to see the Ops-Core Fast helmet for the Ranger units. From this website, http://kitup.military.com/2011/08/usasoc-drops-5m-on-ops-core-helmets.html, they claim that USASOC have spent 5 M on helmets for the Rangers and Green Berets. This is not a knock on what you're doing now. Your work looks tremendous!

You mean possibly something like this?

B9O7md3.jpg

Just have to adjust the AOR texture to multicam :).

Some Questions

What does SOC stand for in relation to Ranger Rgt?

Are you building specific add-ons for Ranger rgt depiction ?

What does a C17 have to do with Ranger Rgt?

Why are you building Mich 2002's?

Ranger's are moving to SOLCS are you modeling that system or the older versions?

Will you have different sets of hiking boots

Will you have actual crye g3's and g1's?

Will you have mystery ranch rucks and assault packs?

How far are you taking this mod pack?

You might wanna ask their shoesize too, just to make sure you asked everything. ;)

Can't wait to see some more progression on this mod. :)

What does SOC stand for in relation to Ranger Rgt?

SOC isn't only about the Rangers, we will be focousing on releasing a Ranger pack with various weapons and gear.

Are you building specific add-ons for Ranger rgt depiction ?

Yes we are making specific gear for our first release that is used by the rangers.

What does a C17 have to do with Ranger Rgt?

The C-17 has nothing to do with the rangers.

Why are you building Mich 2002's?

Because you will see later :D

Will you have different sets of hiking boots

Maybe they will won't promis anything at this moment but we are thinking about it.

Will you have actual crye g3's and g1's?

We will indeed :) both g1 pads pants and shirt and the same goes for g3's.

Will you have mystery ranch rucks and assault packs?

there will be rucks and such.

How far are you taking this mod pack?

As far we decide :)

Hope that is good enough, we will elaborate on some of these things later

SOC isn't only about the Rangers, we will be focousing on releasing a Ranger pack with various weapons and gear.

Yes we are making specific gear for our first release that is used by the rangers.

The C-17 has nothing to do with the rangers.

Because you will see later :D

Maybe they will won't promis anything at this moment but we are thinking about it.

We will indeed :) both g1 pads pants and shirt and the same goes for g3's.

there will be rucks and such.

As far we decide :)

Hope that is good enough, we will elaborate on some of these things later

Nope thats good man I appreciate the answers I have an idea where you are going with this now. I remember your WIP thread for the uniforms thats what made me ask to connect the dots. I look forward to this should produce some awesome work especially considering the texture quality and model quality that I see on that list.

Edited by PN11A

Itsthomas: If you have nothing to add why comment?

haha I think ItsThomas' just having a light hearted poke at your interest in this mod ;)

hum nice model i love the GPNVG ! that's plus the ghost hawk that's perfect ! also i have a small question i think jefferspang on your signature that's it's a remington MSR am i right ? :p

haha I think ItsThomas' just having a light hearted poke at your interest in this mod ;)

Ahh gotcha, I probably read it wrong.

You mean possibly something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/B9O7md3.jpg

Just have to adjust the AOR texture to multicam :).

Excuse me I have o go change underwear....

Looks absolutely amazing! Gorgeus stuff you guys are making!

+1

Ohh mann i was stuned when i saw this congrats guys..keep up the good work..you are awesome!!

Great stuff guys!

And very interesting sig you've got there JP :O

hum nice model i love the GPNVG ! that's plus the ghost hawk that's perfect ! also i have a small question i think jefferspang on your signature that's it's a remington MSR am i right ? :p

Nope it is not the MSR.

so maybe the XM2010 ? it's look like a remington rail and barrel so maybe we gonna have the XM2010 for the rangers ?

so maybe the XM2010 ? it's look like a remington rail and barrel so maybe we gonna have the XM2010 for the rangers ?

It is no Bolt-Action rifle, neither is it part of any other Precision Rifle. Neither is it part of any Remington System.

And no: i have no idea why i am answering questions about JeffersPang signature....

It is no Bolt-Action rifle, neither is it part of any other Precision Rifle. Neither is it part of any Remington System.

And no: i have no idea why i am answering questions about JeffersPang signature....

It's bert? :P

Looks like a Remington rail system such as found on the Remington mil systems

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/rsass1-tfb.jpg

But as you said, not Remington.

The 3 prong flash hider is interesting seeing most people stopped using them due to the issues they can cause from catching on objects, reminds me of the Surefire flash hider. which only seem to be in 5.56 and 7.62.

Haven't seen that weapon light before either, looks kinda like the German LMM01.

From the 'not a presision rifle' i assume it's some for of assault rifle.

SCHNIP!

Yeah you're right guys, looks very familiar to Remington rails.. but here's a clue, USSOCOM just put in a massive order for modular rails, the ones issued to the Navy dudes are manufactured by Remington and the ones issued to the Army guys are made by another, smaller company (the one that was in my sig).

Anyway that was meant to be the new Surefire M720V flashlight, don't know why it came out blurred, I didn't do that :P

Yeah you're right guys, looks very familiar to Remington rails.. but here's a clue, USSOCOM just put in a massive order for modular rails, the ones issued to the Navy dudes are manufactured by Remington and the ones issued to the Army guys are made by another, smaller company (the one that was in my sig).

Anyway that was meant to be the new Surefire M720V flashlight, don't know why it came out blurred, I didn't do that :P

After much research and deduction of brands of modular rails I believe they're Geissele rails, right size, looks like it has the squared edge, has the screw holes, they're manufactured for both the AR-15 of varying lengths and the 416's, come in the fancy tan/sand that SOCOM seem to like now and they seem big enough to be able to supply SOCOM for a order in the few Hundred/thousand, have been supplying SOCOM with custom triggers (meaning they likely have good rapport with SOCOM giving them an advantage for future dealings), and reportedly by a few sites, the 'super modular' system was designed for SOCOM...

Guess i should have looked a little deeper on the surefire sight at the lights too :p

Came across the SEAL thing you spoke of:

The Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG) has a requirement to procure the following:

Section B Schedule of Supplies and Services

Brand name or equal item, for equal item/s please provide specifications along with your quote in order to be considered for award

Manufacturer/Brand - Remington Arms Co.

CLIN 0001 P/N F407404 416 Hand Guard 10.5 in Assembly Kit, 30118 Cerakote

Qty - 150 ea

Edited by Scarecrow398
Restructured/Reworded