Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Undoubtedly Cuncio

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

No doubt

SOC Team i have one question because i didnt see anything about backpacks in front page,just want to ask are u planing to add some backpacks?

SOC Team i have one question because i didnt see anything about backpacks in front page,just want to ask are u planing to add some backpacks?

Short Answer:

At the moment, no.

Long Answer:

We never considered Backpacks as potential content for our addon, hence why it is not mentioned in the List on page 1.

We did not consider it, simply out of the reason that most "SOC" Operators use a wide variety of Backpacks, most even use personal Backpacks, which would in return, increase the ammount of diversity possible, but on the other hand take away a lot of our workforce to focus on a rather pointless piece of equipment.

Our current course of action does focus on the "required" gear for individual groups of SOC Operators to be represenatable inside Arma 3, like Uniforms, Plate Carriers and others.

Backpacks might be an option in the Future, but not in the near future.

Hmmm...weird, we all have different opinions. I can see how its not a priority though, but pointless...well I don't know about that.

Edited by Cunico

Hmmm...weird.

To be fair, no one is going to see a guy and be like, "That guy's Special Forces. I can tell by his Special Forces Backpack."

Backpacks don't have a huge role in defining the look of SF like uniforms and plate carriers do, so from a design perspective backpacks may not be all that important, even though they are obviously a big deal for carrying stuff.

To be fair, no one is going to see a guy and be like, "That guy's Special Forces. I can tell by his Special Forces Backpack."

Backpacks don't have a huge role in defining the look of SF like uniforms and plate carriers do, so from a design perspective backpacks may not be all that important, even though they are obviously a big deal for carrying stuff.

Without derailing the thread or making an argument, I would like to point out that the term "Special Forces" is deemed only applicable to one unit of the U.S. Military. Special Operations is the broad term for all SOCOM related units.

We all have different perspectives when it comes to design. I think backpacks would of been nice with the release of this pack, but I would be happy with w.e at this point.

Without derailing the thread or making an argument, I would like to point out that the term "Special Forces" is deemed only applicable to one unit of the U.S. Military. Special Operations is the broad term for all SOCOM related units.

Thank you for that.

People term Special Operations as "Special Forces" all the damn time and it's annoying.

Well, special forces worldwide is the military appellative for all non conventional forces, usually for having special training, for example paratroopers. Special operations on the other hand, is a more specific term that describes units heavily trained in guerrilla warfare and deep recon.

Is mar_3v the current version of this project? can i know class name? cause i can't find them in editor D:

Misunderstanding sorry, i was too expect to your teams project XP

Edited by kgino1045

Hmmm...weird, we all have different opinions. I can see how its not a priority though, but pointless...well I don't know about that.

It is currently only a design and workflow decision to not concern ourselfs with backpacks. As roshnak pointed out, a backpack does nothing in forms of identification of a SO Member. Though that does not mean that we will never add backpacks to the addon, just for the current build it would add up to much work for the entire team on top of what we still have to do in order to have something releasable on our hand.

we all have different opinions.

Some more questionable than others... I don't think the suggestion for backpacks was for the purpose of aiding in identification of a SOF member, pretty sure he was asking for some packs for the purpose of bringing some more variety to the pretty bland selection in A3 and adding a little bit more of a sense of realism. Hope to see some more work in progress screenshots soon, been looking forward to playing with this mod since the creation of the thread.

Edited by PukeStain_0372

Too bad we wont get the tactical SFASOFUWTFTW (SpecialForcesAndSpecialOperationsForcesUseWhateverTheFreakTheyWant) backpacks with this mod. I really wanted to be able to spot out a Ranger with his millions of morale patches hinting at him being SOF capable from a mile away, as well as the million pouches hanging off it.

I'm being sarcastic. And a douche. I do agree though, Instead of being condescending with your response about backpacks not being added you could have just said something like "Backpacks are not planned at the moment, Perhaps in a future update." Or something along those lines. Not everyone on this website is a barrel chested hadji slayer. People have feelings.

Edit: Quote button is broken. hoopty doop

Back on topic: Are there going to be different versions of the platecarriers? (some with flex cuffs and bolt cutters, others with banger pouches on the back panel etc)?

I'm being sarcastic. And a douche. I do agree though, Instead of being condescending with your response about backpacks not being added you could have just said something like "Backpacks are not planned at the moment, Perhaps in a future update." Or something along those lines. Not everyone on this website is a barrel chested hadji slayer. People have feelings.

What? I don't think anyone said anything remotely condescending in replying to the question. Maybe you should read fluttershy's reply again? He basically did say, "Backpacks are not planned at the moment, Perhaps in a future update" and then elaborated by giving a couple of reasons for that decision. It was about as polite as one can be.

Not everyone on this website is a barrel chested hadji slayer. People have feelings.

Back on topic: Are there going to be different versions of the platecarriers? (some with flex cuffs and bolt cutters, others with banger pouches on the back panel etc)?

Are you referring to a guy with a love for my little fucking pony as a barrel chested hadji slayer...

Are you referring to a guy with a love for my little fucking pony as a barrel chested hadji slayer...

So you are telling me that my recent personal interests, in an Animated TV show for Kids with good voice actors, compleatly created in flash/vector teaching the f*ed up youth of degenerated individuals like you about friendship and tolerance are not conformable with my prior duty in the armed forces of my country? - that is a very interesting point of view you have there random stranger.

Furthermore my BMI neither my confirmed count are anything i would openly discuss with the likes of you.

@Keegan: Yes there will be different setups for the platecarriers, with variety in pouches as well as mounted equipment like said cutters or key cuffs.

So you are telling me that my recent personal interests, in an Animated TV show for Kids with good voice actors, compleatly created in flash/vector teaching the f*ed up youth of degenerated individuals like you about friendship and tolerance are not conformable with my prior duty in the armed forces of my country? - that is a very interesting point of view you have there random stranger.

Furthermore my BMI neither my confirmed count are anything i would openly discuss with the likes of you.

@Keegan: Yes there will be different setups for the platecarriers, with variety in pouches as well as mounted equipment like said cutters or key cuffs.

I think you mean teaching pre-puebescent girls about friendship. But hey, my apologies if you've served and been in the shit, the fact that there isn't any mention of service anywhere on your profile seemed off. Never know with people lying, and claiming they've done this and that over the internet with no proof. Also no one asked you for your confirmed count cause I do understand most don't discuss that, especially in a public forum.

Now, now, gentleman. Lets all calm down and hold hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah" for a minute.

Anything is a possibility, so I could see backpacks being added at a later time, especially since they do play a good part in equipping the modern warfighter in accomplishing the mission. This project has been taking a lot longer than we all wanted, but it is still active and the dream is still alive.

This has been and continues to be a learning for all of us. Thanks for following.

Now, now, gentleman. Lets all calm down and hold hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah" for a minute.

Anything is a possibility, so I could see backpacks being added at a later time, especially since they do play a good part in equipping the modern warfighter in accomplishing the mission. This project has been taking a lot longer than we all wanted, but it is still active and the dream is still alive.

This has been and continues to be a learning for all of us. Thanks for following.

Aye sir. Can't wait.

I for one am just happy with whatever I get or that I am getting anything.

Appreciate that..

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

A little look at the JPC we are working on...........

1MfIxD8.png?1

1ckvQHB.png?1

Wait you're allowed to have exposed PALS in ARMA? I was pretty sure it was a rule you had to cover each vest model in at least 27 pouches.