Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

If i'm not mistaken the unit, but i've seen some photos of the Seals using it in AOr 1 and 2 as well as black

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Found something explaining the Gear of Marsoc :

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/?level=picture&id=846

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

In 2010

You are aware that's an airsofter that was posing on the picture?

If i'm not mistaken the unit, but i've seen some photos of the Seals using it in AOr 1 and 2 as well as black

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Found something explaining the Gear of Marsoc :

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/?level=picture&id=846

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

In 2010

Waaaaaaay to loaded for a CSO. MSOTs would ever run that much gear in the sandbox and be able to function quickly. You gotta stay light and not loaded down. Source: Been 0372 since 2009. (Also those nomex suits dig into your junk so no one really wore them.)

Waaaaaaay to loaded for a CSO. MSOTs would ever run that much gear in the sandbox and be able to function quickly. You gotta stay light and not loaded down. Source: Been 0372 since 2009. (Also those nomex suits dig into your junk so no one really wore them.)

If you're going for an op that is going to take several days you will take only ammo? will you stay that light? there is the question

If you're going for an type of op where you have to hike through days, eat, and expect heavy contact, you will carry even more gear, the difference is most of the times in a light vehicle near you, but when you're not expecting too much CQB, and a need of to much expend of ammo....you carry what you can

Well on an operation that is due to last several days you still wouldnt pack like that you would carry rucks with most of the supplies and set op a small op where you would store most of it the Gear that lowers your combat/mission abilitys

And i didn't see that much gear, saw 5 mag pouches and a vest nothing more, even saw go pro videos from soldiers in iraq carrying more, in one video from Marsoc operators

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

I doubt that there is more than 35 kg in all his gear, you guys are wuss in this point, you see the Bope one of the best Urban combat unit i've ever seen, all day carries more than 60kg worth of gear and is very mobile and fast

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

http://marcusluttrell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SPMAJSML-1.jpg (505 kB)

They have more in their vest than the guy in the other photo, they're not wearing the drop leg holster and pouches, and they wore even more gear in the OP that made Marcus luttrel the only one alive, would you say that he is not a real soldier and they cannot carry a lot of gear? I dare you to do it facing him

And i didn't see that much gear, saw 5 mag pouches and a vest nothing more, even saw go pro videos from soldiers in iraq carrying more, in one video from Marsoc operators

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

I doubt that there is more than 35 kg in all his gear, you guys are wuss in this point, you see the Bope one of the best Urban combat unit i've ever seen, all day carries more than 60kg worth of gear and is very mobile and fast

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

http://marcusluttrell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SPMAJSML-1.jpg (505 kB)

They have more in their vest than the guy in the other photo, they're not wearing the drop leg holster and pouches, and they wore even more gear in the OP that made Marcus luttrel the only one alive, would you say that he is not a real soldier and they cannot carry a lot of gear? I dare you to do it facing him

Based of Literature: No easy day / American Sniper / Lone Survivor

Normaly - SOC personal does not get deployed to long time missions without any type of supply support, with Recon Mission beeing the exception. Even in Ramadi Seal-teams got resupplied in there improvised FOBs by LAVs and Bradleys. The rule of thumb for EVERY Operator, especially inside the Far East theater is "Light is good". Most if not all the time the used a Y insertion method, having to travel several clicks on foot and stay combat effective. If additional gear could be needed they often used there mostly personal backpacks to transport additional explosives and ammo.

Normaly - SOC personal does not get deployed to long time missions without any type of supply support, with Recon Mission beeing the exception. Even in Ramadi Seal-teams got resupplied in there improvised FOBs by LAVs and Bradleys. The rule of thumb for EVERY Operator, especially inside the Far East theater is "Light is good". Most if not all the time the used a Y insertion method, having to travel several clicks on foot and stay combat effective. If additional gear could be needed they often used there mostly personal backpacks to transport additional explosives and ammo.

Do a comparisson between the two photos, the Seals that went to the operation Red Wings, were carrying more gear on the vest than the guy of my previous picture...rest my case "What happend to the rangers in 93 in somalia due to this mentality ?"

Do a comparisson between the two photos, the Seals that went to the operation Red Wings, were carrying more gear on the vest than the guy of my previous picture...rest my case "What happend to the rangers in 93 in somalia due to this mentality ?"

Do you not realize how hostile of an environment Ramadi and Baghdad are? When Marcus was there you were getting into contact for hours on end. Sometimes you have to carry all your gear out there with you because it would be too dangerous to resupply. Also, Most SF and SOF units are deeper inside the city past normal Line Companies. The nearest friendly unit could be miles away. Enough with the dick measuring contest, Dude.

You resort to subterfuge when generalizing operation scenarios like that my friend no one would look like the soldier you shared with us. Yes Marsoc and alot of other units as well who used a lot of that gear but not in every single mission they would go to would they pack like GI Joe's. Take for instance the danish writen jaeger book by Thomas Ratsachk (not sure about that is spelled) there were pics of him with both all the combat gear he had and photos of light combat gear he would wear when going on missions that was meant to last several days. If you have any arguments against this please give us some real researched info with good source listing so we can be convinced.

Edited by astast

To add to that, for any extended period of time (expended longer than a day) generally you'll see them deployed with vehicles, even light ones.

There's some firefights involving MARSOC where you can see each guy may only have half a dozen mags on their vest and a grenade or two but in the background you can see 4/6 wheel ATV's (which can fit inside a chinook and be dropped with them) loaded to the brim with gear, hell you can even find donkeys being used to haul ammo:

http://i.minus.com/jQOHUgxOHh6yV.jpg

Same as with the Australian SASR, you typically don't see them with much gear on in afghanistan but there's usually a Bushmaster (MRAP) or a LRPV (6 wheel landrover) nearby.

http://i5.minus.com/jKD3pVFCgUcMZ.jpg

(Note the orange explosive stickers everywhere to note ammunition)

In Mark Donaldson's autobiography he mentions for a afternoon joint operation (for which was short enough for the SASR to walk from their FOB into the AO) between the SASR, US Army SF and ANA the US SF filled every extra space in their vehicle with either water or ammo to the point the Australian's thought it was rediculious to be taking so much on a 12h operation.

Is SOC Team planing to make only units or we will see some vehicles latter on?

Haha Hmm you'll see i guess and so will we :-)

To add to that, for any extended period of time (expended longer than a day) generally you'll see them deployed with vehicles, even light ones.

There's some firefights involving MARSOC where you can see each guy may only have half a dozen mags on their vest and a grenade or two but in the background you can see 4/6 wheel ATV's (which can fit inside a chinook and be dropped with them) loaded to the brim with gear, hell you can even find donkeys being used to haul ammo:

http://i.minus.com/jQOHUgxOHh6yV.jpg

Same as with the Australian SASR, you typically don't see them with much gear on in afghanistan but there's usually a Bushmaster (MRAP) or a LRPV (6 wheel landrover) nearby.

http://i5.minus.com/jKD3pVFCgUcMZ.jpg

(Note the orange explosive stickers everywhere to note ammunition)

In Mark Donaldson's autobiography he mentions for a afternoon joint operation (for which was short enough for the SASR to walk from their FOB into the AO) between the SASR, US Army SF and ANA the US SF filled every extra space in their vehicle with either water or ammo to the point the Australian's thought it was rediculious to be taking so much on a 12h operation.

No reason not to, they have the space in the vehicles and it doesn't hinder them any to do so. 12H operations quickly turn in to 24H operations turn into 48H operations, real quick. Would you fill your gas tank to go exactly 25 miles, when you need to go exactly 25 miles or would you fill it all the way up just so you have the extra gas?

Thank you for the quick answer, that's a good news.

I know i saw a set of pictures with these US Army Special forces like on the picture that Papanowel just shared

I was wondering if anyone has the whole collection or somewhere i can find them would be great reff for us. If im not mistaking they are Army Rangers and 1st SFOD-D? I have been looking for them all over the place but i cannot find them :(

If you know how to find them or where they are then i would be happy to recive a PM

Thanks in advavce, astast

I just wondered if you guys were working on your own weapons, and if so are you going to have accurate variants and attachments?

I just wondered if you guys were working on your own weapons, and if so are you going to have accurate variants and attachments?

The OP seems to indicate that they are.

You guys going to be releasing a game as well?

You guys going to be releasing a game as well?

Why do you ask?