Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

AAF is based on the IMTV made by Point Blank Armor Systems here in my state of Florida. They are currently the USMC Standard and are "supposed" to be rated to stop no more than 3 7.62x39mm rounds to the trauma plate.

Here is a link for you: http://pointblankenterprises.com/protectiveproductsenterprises/?product=imtv

Wat. No. Have you actually looked at the thing? The IMTV doesn't have external plate pouches, it doesn't have the big flap over the chest, etc, etc...

There's no distinct type I could find, but vests like it are made in pakistan, india and china. Stuff like this: http://www.bodyarmorchina.com/Body-Armor/B9616-Bullet-Proof-Jacket.html

No Molle on it.

The AAF vest is not like any made in the west.

Wat. No. Have you actually looked at the thing? The IMTV doesn't have external plate pouches, it doesn't have the big flap over the chest, etc, etc...

There's no distinct type I could find, but vests like it are made in pakistan, india and china. Stuff like this: http://www.bodyarmorchina.com/Body-Armor/B9616-Bullet-Proof-Jacket.html

No Molle on it.

I agree with you InstaGoat but the link is not opening here

I've actually seen instructor Zero from italy wearing a very similar one

Three, that's it? I mean, like, in comparison to other things that's pretty weak. I remember an Army friend who said that they took a busted ESAPI and shot at it with dozens of rounds from various calibers (If I recall correctly 9mm, 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm) and none managed to penetrate the plate, even if it looked like hammered shit.

This is what my 2 best friends told me after they had gotten back from being deployed overseas. One was stationed in Iraq/Kuwait (lieutenant US Army Military Police), and the other who is also a Lieutenant and now a silver star recipient was deployed alongside 82nd Airborne Special Operations detachment to Afghanistan. I would consider them both good sources of information on this.

This is what my 2 best friends told me after they had gotten back from being deployed overseas. One was stationed in Iraq/Kuwait (lieutenant US Army Military Police), and the other who is also a Lieutenant and now a silver star recipient was deployed alongside 82nd Airborne Special Operations detachment to Afghanistan. I would consider them both good sources of information on this.

I have a Friend combat medic WO Marcelo BINI he told me that the US armed forces uses Ceramic plating that only holds 3 or 4 rounds different from the party of 30 rounds guys are having in the protection post of developers area

I have a Friend combat medic WO Marcelo BINI he told me that the US armed forces uses Ceramic plating that only holds 3 or 4 rounds different from the party of 30 rounds guys are having in the protection post of developers area

US Forces do use Ceramic inserts, this is due to 2 reasons....

1. Weight reduction, while AR500 steel is bad ass at stopping even multiple 7.62x54R rounds at 25 feet, it weighs 4x as much

2. Ceramic plates do NOT cause spalling which can seriously injure and incapacitate a soldier, this is a common problem with AR500 plates.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

No Molle on it.

I am not stating that it IS the IMTV, but BASED on the IMTV, look at the rigging (not Molle), the collar is reversed and sure the plates are different, this is where your eastern armor influence comes in. It sure does resemble the IMTV quite well from a fundamental standpoint, unless you think I am just stupid and have no idea what I am talking about.

Yeah, and my friend told me something i agree, if you get shot once and still stay out in the open taking income shots like retarded you deserve to die "I don't mean in a situation without cover or CQB, but actual situations where some soldiers go berserk "

sometimes soldiers find themselves in really bad positions or really bad engagements due to a well planned and organized ambush, Fallujah was one place where this happened quite a bit. This is why SAPI plates are designed to take multiple rounds, no one should be stupid enough to just stand there and say, "shoot me, break my ribs to pieces, make me feel like hell for 2-3 weeks".

He told me of one stupid in Afghanistan where there was one guy shooting with a AK trying to zero their position but was missing miserably, so one soldier decided to taunt the guy screaming and showing him self, got a ricochet in the foot

1. Weight reduction, while AR500 steel is bad ass at stopping even multiple 7.62x54R rounds at 25 feet, it weighs 4x as much

the current XSAPI plates (they come in a tan colour) are made of silicon carbide and backed with kevlar (as are AR500 ballistic plates) to stop spalling and protect against both 7.62x54R and 30-06 M2 AP steel core (level IV), which unless you want a half inch steel plate and about twice the weight of an equivalent XSAPI plate you're not going to get the same level of protection from AR500.

AAF is based on the IMTV made by Point Blank Armor Systems here in my state of Florida. They are currently the USMC Standard and are "supposed" to be rated to stop no more than 3 7.62x39mm rounds to the trauma plate.

Here is a link for you: http://pointblankenterprises.com/protectiveproductsenterprises/?product=imtv

I'm an active duty infantry Marine and we do not use MTV's anymore. We're using SPC's.

I'm an active duty infantry Marine and we do not use MTV's anymore. We're using SPC's.

Looks like you Devil Dogs are getting the good shit now... a whole lot better than that crappy IBA I was sport'n back in Iraq.

2. Ceramic plates do NOT cause spalling which can seriously injure and incapacitate a soldier, this is a common problem with AR500 plates.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I am not stating that it IS the IMTV, but BASED on the IMTV, look at the rigging (not Molle), the collar is reversed and sure the plates are different, this is where your eastern armor influence comes in. It sure does resemble the IMTV quite well from a fundamental standpoint, unless you think I am just stupid and have no idea what I am talking about.

You know that the neck protection and the crotch protection are not part of the vest but something you add to the vest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptrBPTjuTs

This is the same vest it uses only velcro and there is neck and crotch protection for this model too

Looks like you Devil Dogs are getting the good shit now... a whole lot better than that crappy IBA I was sport'n back in Iraq.

I joined in 06 and in SOI we were using the shitty ITV's or whatever they were called. Something Interceptor. The big ass flak jacket with broken ass MOLLE. Most of them were passed through circulation and were used in Baghdad previously. Funny how CIF cleared burnt PPE but still bitch you out for not having your black glove shells. I didn't get the MTV until I hit the fleet a few months after. In 1/6 we only used them for one deployment before being issued SPC's. I changed battalions and nearly everyone is using SPC's now. I haven't seen an MTV in a long ass time. Same with the interceptor. Thanks for your service brother.

I joined in 06 and in SOI we were using the shitty ITV's or whatever they were called. Something Interceptor. The big ass flak jacket with broken ass MOLLE. Most of them were passed through circulation and were used in Baghdad previously. Funny how CIF cleared burnt PPE but still bitch you out for not having your black glove shells. I didn't get the MTV until I hit the fleet a few months after. In 1/6 we only used them for one deployment before being issued SPC's. I changed battalions and nearly everyone is using SPC's now. I haven't seen an MTV in a long ass time. Same with the interceptor. Thanks for your service brother.
My country now is starting to use Armor to the soldiers and we are now receiving the interceptor body armor for the regular infantry and our special forces are using the PIG plate carrier and the Mar Ciras...you're 31st?

Ckrauslo-My country now is starting to use Armor to the soldiers and we are now receiving the interceptor body armor for the regular infantry and our special forces are using the PIG plate carrier and the Mar Ciras...you're 31st? "

If you're referring to the 31st MEU, No. I deployed to Helmand and Sangin along with 1/9 and I think 3/7 or 3/6 in preparation for the big operation in Marjah. That's when I was in 1/6 Bravo Co. I've been with 3/5 Lima for the last 2 years or so. My company just got done doing security for the medical convoys in the Phillipines after that bad storm a few months ago. So my guys were a supporting asset for the MEU but I was in Okinawa in the hospital.

Edit: Forgot the quote button and typos.

Edited by Keegan

I had no clue the USMC was using SPC's now, I know the US Army still uses the IOTV now at Gen 3.

Ckrauslo-My country now is starting to use Armor to the soldiers and we are now receiving the interceptor body armor for the regular infantry and our special forces are using the PIG plate carrier and the Mar Ciras...you're 31st? "

If you're referring to the 31st MEU, No. I deployed to Helmand and Sangin with along with 1/9 and I think 3/7 or 3/6 in preparation for the big operation in Marjah. That's when I was in 1/6 Bravo Co. I've been with 3/5 Lima for the last 2 years or so. My company just got done doing security for the medical convoys in the Phillipines after that bad storm a few months ago. So my guys were a supporting asset for the MEU but I was in Okinawa in the hospital.

Edit: Forgot the quote button.

Oh i saw okinawa and could only remember 31st MEU had a few friends from there..."Sons of brazilians that were born in US and now serve the armed forces"

I had no clue the USMC was using SPC's now, I know the US Army still uses the IOTV now at Gen 3.

Since 09. I'm on the left. My unit and a few others were doing the field testing for them in Helmand. I heard that guys were using them in Kajaki in 08 but I can't confirm that. The plate carriers were officially sent battalion wide late 09-early 10.

uiWSaEI.jpg

Edited by Keegan

1012911_300012963482222_235352157_n.jpg

Keegan...Soldiers from the Parachutist regiment in Brazil wearing the IBA

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/1012911_300012963482222_235352157_n.jpg

Keegan...Soldiers from the Parachutist regiment in Brazil wearing the IBA

Do you guys use battlebelts? I don't see any mag pouches on their vest or I'm just blind. I see one guy has his side arm like John Wayne on his chest. lol

Back on topic: I cant remember if it was addressed yet but will you gentlemen be making the plate carriers in different colors/patterns? (Coyote brown, Multicam etc)

Do you guys use battlebelts? I don't see any mag pouches on their vest or I'm just blind. I see one guy has his side arm like John Wayne on his chest. lol

Let me tell you like this i'm a 3rd sergeant in the 61st Jungle Infantry Battalion in the Army, located in the border with Peru in the middle of the amazon, we use just shoulder straps we have no armor or body armor... the only battalion that uses the IBA are the Army Airborne batalions, Army Mechanized infantry battalions...and we don't have battle belts not like you ever seen...all our gear goes into 60kg back packs

---------- Post added at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

image.axd.jpg

This is how we from jungle battalions are equiped...the belts have no insert for gear "The pouches you see on the belts are tied with cords "

Back on topic: I cant remember if it was addressed yet but will you gentlemen be making the plate carriers in different colors/patterns? (Coyote brown, Multicam etc)

Yes the Platecarriers in our pack will be featured in different colors - aka. the colors that are available for the specific system. You can expect a small range from Coyote, OD to Ranger Green up until specific patterns like MC or AOR 1/2 later down the road.

Yes the Platecarriers in our pack will be featured in different colors - aka. the colors that are available for the specific system. You can expect a small range from Coyote, OD to Ranger Green up until specific patterns like MC or AOR 1/2 later down the road.

drooling.jpg

Awesome possum. Cant wait.

So the CPC will be only in Ranger green, coyote and multicam? no Black or OD, AOR1? AOR2? In a email i sent to the Crye precision asking if there was any chance to receive a CPC in Black, they said they only sell in these colors because almost no one want's in other colors, but they do make in other colors for military units

So the CPC will be only in Ranger green, coyote and multicam? no Black or OD, AOR1? AOR2? In a email i sent to the Crye precision asking if there was any chance to receive a CPC in Black, they said they only sell in these colors because almost no one want's in other colors, but they do make in other colors for military units

Well you might see it in aor 1 since a vest Called NCPC looks a lot like the cpc vest the NCPC is used by seals