Sign in to follow this  
Bee8190

The what have you bought thread

I'll see your GTX 660 and raise you a GTX 770 4GB. :D

With BF4 and X-Rebirth around the corner, it was finally time to upgrade.

That looks like a decent GPU, so how does Arma 3 run with it?

That looks like a decent GPU, so how does Arma 3 run with it?

Significantly better than with the old GTX 560ti, but ARMA3's well known performance bottlenecks (e.g. with lots of AI) still cause the usual framerate cap issues, as expected. :rolleyes:

Apart from that, the card definitely runs it much more smoothly , and the GPU-heavy video settings no longer impact framerates at all. Previously, I was unable to set FSAA higher than 2x or enable AToC on grass without a significant FPS impact when scoping while prone, for example - now I run FSAA 8x + full AToC and the FPS impact from grass is practically zero. Similar with SSAO, which nearly halved my framerate on the 560ti; now there is no visible framerate change at all. (Although I still keep SSAO off because it's hardly even noticable to me.)

Another positive effect is that there seems to be much less LOD flickering now, though I'm not exactly sure why. It could be due to the higher amount of VRAM available (I also set texture detail to "ultra" btw.), or the fact that the framerate is simply more stable. Whatever it is, the overall visual quality of the game is hugely improved with the new card. :)

I'll see your GTX 660 and raise you a GTX 770 4GB. :D

With BF4 and X-Rebirth around the corner, it was finally time to upgrade.

Very nice :). My card is a vast improvement i what i had previously, which was a Radeon HD 4800. It so old they don't make drivers for it anymore :o

Significantly better than with the old GTX 560ti, but ARMA3's well known performance bottlenecks (e.g. with lots of AI) still cause the usual framerate cap issues, as expected. :rolleyes:

Apart from that, the card definitely runs it much more smoothly , and the GPU-heavy video settings no longer impact framerates at all. Previously, I was unable to set FSAA higher than 2x or enable AToC on grass without a significant FPS impact when scoping while prone, for example - now I run FSAA 8x + full AToC and the FPS impact from grass is practically zero. Similar with SSAO, which nearly halved my framerate on the 560ti; now there is no visible framerate change at all. (Although I still keep SSAO off because it's hardly even noticable to me.)

Another positive effect is that there seems to be much less LOD flickering now, though I'm not exactly sure why. It could be due to the higher amount of VRAM available (I also set texture detail to "ultra" btw.), or the fact that the framerate is simply more stable. Whatever it is, the overall visual quality of the game is hugely improved with the new card. :)

Well i´ll definately consider buying that card now. Slowly but surely I need a replacement for my HD5850 Sapphire Toxic. 1GB of VRAM just doesn´t cut it anymore

I just bought a new 32GB USB drive, SanDisk. Nothing to brag about, just needed to store some important files in it.

I recently won an iPad mini. It is a pretty nice toy but i am not entirely sure what to use it for. I guess it would be nice to browse the internet while half asleep on the couch and half watching TV or something, but i dont own a TV or a couch. I live in 1-room student housing so i dont even have Wifi and can only really use it outside, where i either have a phone (when moving about) or a laptop (on a train/school), so i am not entirely sure when i should use it.

Overall it is what you would expect from Apple: Does what it is supposed to do quite decently, but i got quickly annoyed by its 'Appleness'. (Wont charge over regular USB, impossible to easily mess around with homemade apps, ..)

Oh well, guess i shouldnt complain over something that is free. :)

Just bought an I5 4670 3.4Ghz along with ASUS Z87K and 16Gb RAM (2 Stick of 8Gb)... and a Silverstone RL-04 case. Wasted almost my whole month pay... but it was worth it... Still need to buy Razer orbweaver. But first, need to stabilize the financial situation first.... <sigh>

I just bought myself a Asus GTX 780 and a SteelSeries 7H Fnatic headset.

I recently won an iPad mini. It is a pretty nice toy but i am not entirely sure what to use it for. I guess it would be nice to browse the internet while half asleep on the couch and half watching TV or something, but i dont own a TV or a couch. I live in 1-room student housing so i dont even have Wifi and can only really use it outside, where i either have a phone (when moving about) or a laptop (on a train/school), so i am not entirely sure when i should use it.

Overall it is what you would expect from Apple: Does what it is supposed to do quite decently, but i got quickly annoyed by its 'Appleness'. (Wont charge over regular USB, impossible to easily mess around with homemade apps, ..)

Oh well, guess i shouldnt complain over something that is free. :)

Grats to your price, I've never won even socks to keep me worm lol :p ;)

i dont even have Wifi and can only really use it outside

If you have a smartphone you could just create a hotspot on your smartphone and then just connect the ipad to your phone wirelessly, so that your smartphone will act as portable modem. All that would be needed is a data plan from your current cell provider.

While not uber convenient as having cellular tablet ( with 3G ) this is very simple and easy workaround ( Instead of paying good 150 quid more for having the 3G in tablet and using it annually only once lol :) )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchased good while ago but this thing still manages to put smile on my face

BK electronics XLS200, 275W amp with 10'' driver in sealed enclosure. In world of sub's, I think I've got really really lot of bang for the money spent ( pun intended ) ;)

xls200_03s.jpg

Edited by Bee8190

My laptop decided to ascend to laptop heaven and I needed something quick while I'll gather enough cash for another one so I bought a cheap Galaxy Tab 3(the 7.0 inch).

Can't find reasons to waste lots of bucks for these tablets so I wanted something cheapo that should have uses for web stuff,reading,watching videos and movies while on the run.Pretty satisfied and I can use Skype or Teamviewer just fine with it.Still these things will never replace a good performance lappie for me.

I also bought this because I needed a drive case badly with all these hdds I have laying around.

And finally this(I have a thing for machetes).:o

Nice to look at all the cool stuff you guys have. ;D

I myself have bought this ICE-T EMU model.

1011397_398917990217476_714746857_n.jpg

Finally upgraded to a proper CPU, mobo and DDR3 memory.

Core i5 4670k, 8GB DDR3-1600, ASUS Z87 Pro and a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

eNWerx2.jpg

Shitty cell pic. dealwithit.jpg

ArmA runs like a dream!

2NGw205.jpg

Edited by RangerPL

And an SSD as well, nice. :)

I was somewhat doubtful it would actually help in ArmA, but once i tried it i have to admit it does feel smoother. It doesnt increase FPS, but the occasional microstutter is completely gone.

My only wish is that I could put more things on it. Maybe around holiday time I'll buy a second one and put it into a RAID0 :bounce3:

Edited by RangerPL