bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

New problem since the last patch: House patrols spawn at the correct distance but once you get to the centre of the marker they cache, and then restore once you move away from the centre, then cache when you move back to it etc. etc.

Weird. So its like the EOS zone is a donut shape?

Does EOS has the ability to let spawned units patrol in more than 1 marker plpaced separately on the map? Just like DAC handles through Zone ID? If yes, then how? Thank you. :D

@BangaBob need attention here too man. Thanks.

Weird. So its like the EOS zone is a donut shape?

Yeah, very weird. I kept noticing all the enemies disappearing from around me when I got to the middle of a building (which is also the middle of the zone) then coming back when I moved away from it. When I put the debug on that confirmed they were being cached when I got near the centre and restored when I moved away from it.

@BangaBob need attention here too man. Thanks.

Nope. It doesnt have that ability. Sorry

@BangaBob and anyone else is using this kickass script (: I don't see the issues with the whole disappearing units in the so called donut zone. The script is working fine for me. I have a mission with 7 different EOS zones in one mission I will continue to test but right now 2/2 work fine from the end to the middle of the zone (:

Ok I did some more testing and when I put the marker over a town it's fine. When I put one just covering the ghost hotel on Altis the units are cached when I reach the centre of the marker. I can't understand that at all, any ideas?

LOL ITS IT's the GHOST HOTEL (: I will test at that llocation but as I stated above it works in my mission at 7 different locations all citys,

How would I go about spawning Russian units from RHS in the zones?

Look at UnitPools.sqf in the eos folder

The readme that comes with the system is a good resource to figure that out.

Some type off blacklist marker that it in itself could double as a spawn marker would be useful, for example you have one marker that covers a large area surrounding a town and then another 'blacklist' marker more focused over the town.. I simply do this anyway but she starts to lag with both markers activated.

The readme that comes with the system is a good resource to figure that out.

I've added all units to the UnitPools.sqf, now I have a issue. When certain vehicles are spawned(BPM80 or armored troop carrier) a bunch of Crew are spawned riding on the outside of the vehicle.

go into yout eos folder open this sqf UnitPools

and look for // EAST CSAT FACTION and ad this or replace

// EAST CSAT FACTION

if (_faction==0) then {

_InfPool= ["rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_efreitor","rhs_msv_grenadier","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner_assistant","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_strelok_rpg_assist","rhs_msv_marksman","rhs_msv_officer_armored","rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_junior_sergeant","rhs_msv_sergeant","rhs_msv_engineer","rhs_msv_driver_armored","rhs_msv_driver","rhs_msv_aa","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_LAT","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_engineer","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_engineer"];

_ArmPool= ["rhs_t72bc_tv","rhs_t72bd_tv","T-80BVK","rhs_t80u","rhs_prp3_msv","rhs_bmd1p","rhs_bmd2m","rhs_bmd4ma_vd","rhs_bmp1p_XX","rhs_bmp2k_XX","rhs_brm1k_msv","rhs_2s3_tv","rhs_zsu234_aa"];

_MotPool= ["RHS_BM21_MSV_01","rhs_btr60_msv","rhs_btr70_msv","rhs_btr80_msv","rhs_tigr_msv","rhs_uaz_XX","rhs_typhoon_vdv","rhs_ural_XX","rhs_ural_open_XX"];

_ACHPool= ["RHS_Mi24V_vvs","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vdv","RHS_Ka52_vvs","rhs_ka60_grey","RHS_Su25SM_vvs"];

_CHPool= ["RHS_Mi8AMT_vdv","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vvsc"];

_uavPool= ["O_UAV_01_F","O_UAV_02_CAS_F","O_UGV_01_rcws_F"];

_stPool= ["rhs_weap_2p130","rhs_weap_9k133","rhs_9m79_1Launcher","rhs_weap_dshkm"];

_shipPool= ["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F","O_Boat_Transport_01_F"];

_diverPool= ["O_diver_exp_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_TL_F"];

_crewPool= ["rhs_msv_combatcrew"];

_heliCrew= ["rhs_pilot_transport_heli","rhs_pilot_combat_heli"];

};

go into yout eos folder open this sqf UnitPools

and look for // EAST CSAT FACTION and ad this or replace

// EAST CSAT FACTION

if (_faction==0) then {

_InfPool= ["rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_efreitor","rhs_msv_grenadier","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner_assistant","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_strelok_rpg_assist","rhs_msv_marksman","rhs_msv_officer_armored","rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_junior_sergeant","rhs_msv_sergeant","rhs_msv_engineer","rhs_msv_driver_armored","rhs_msv_driver","rhs_msv_aa","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_LAT","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_engineer","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_engineer"];

_ArmPool= ["rhs_t72bc_tv","rhs_t72bd_tv","T-80BVK","rhs_t80u","rhs_prp3_msv","rhs_bmd1p","rhs_bmd2m","rhs_bmd4ma_vd","rhs_bmp1p_XX","rhs_bmp2k_XX","rhs_brm1k_msv","rhs_2s3_tv","rhs_zsu234_aa"];

_MotPool= ["RHS_BM21_MSV_01","rhs_btr60_msv","rhs_btr70_msv","rhs_btr80_msv","rhs_tigr_msv","rhs_uaz_XX","rhs_typhoon_vdv","rhs_ural_XX","rhs_ural_open_XX"];

_ACHPool= ["RHS_Mi24V_vvs","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vdv","RHS_Ka52_vvs","rhs_ka60_grey","RHS_Su25SM_vvs"];

_CHPool= ["RHS_Mi8AMT_vdv","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vvsc"];

_uavPool= ["O_UAV_01_F","O_UAV_02_CAS_F","O_UGV_01_rcws_F"];

_stPool= ["rhs_weap_2p130","rhs_weap_9k133","rhs_9m79_1Launcher","rhs_weap_dshkm"];

_shipPool= ["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F","O_Boat_Transport_01_F"];

_diverPool= ["O_diver_exp_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_TL_F"];

_crewPool= ["rhs_msv_combatcrew"];

_heliCrew= ["rhs_pilot_transport_heli","rhs_pilot_combat_heli"];

};

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

Same issue. Any BMP or BTR there are 9 crew riding on the outside of the vehicle when spawned. Tanks,trucks,anti air are no issue. Kinda lost. Not sure if its an Conflict with RHS and EOS.

Edited by Slverfox94739

for some reason eos will only spawn units if the unit listed as 'player' enters those zones. If im playing as a unit listed 'playable' and enter those zones nothing happens. How can I fix this?

Open eos_core.sqf found in: Arma 3 - Other Profiles\username\missions\EOS_1_98.Altis\eos\core

Browse to lines 33,35,38,40 and remove the "&& isplayer _x" from each code beginning with _actcond.

Dumb question, is CLEAR supported? I'm planning a mission using your scripts and want to make sure that the squares are invisible in-game when the players enter them.

Dumb question, is CLEAR supported? I'm planning a mission using your scripts and want to make sure that the squares are invisible in-game when the players enter them.

Yeah you can make markers invisible. See the instructions for how to do it

Cool, thanks...

HI banga !

first thank you for this nice script, it works fine.

There is one problem i don't understand, its a bug i think with arma 3 or the script.

When i host a mission i made with EOS on local computer, No problem countdown timer shows up, but when i upload the mission to my dedicated server for some reason the countdown timer doesn't show up !

I saw another guy with the exact same problem, but i didn't get a answer, i looked thru all the pages here but cannot find a solution, even on google.

Does someone knows what the problem could be ? and how to resolve this bug ?

thanks in advance everybody !:j:

HI banga !

first thank you for this nice script, it works fine.

There is one problem i don't understand, its a bug i think with arma 3 or the script.

When i host a mission i made with EOS on local computer, No problem countdown timer shows up, but when i upload the mission to my dedicated server for some reason the countdown timer doesn't show up !

I saw another guy with the exact same problem, but i didn't get a answer, i looked thru all the pages here but cannot find a solution, even on google.

Does someone knows what the problem could be ? and how to resolve this bug ?

thanks in advance everybody !:j:

eos\b_core.sqf :

Replace the Attack ETA hint by this ( can use this synthax to fix other hint on dedicated ) :

[format ["Attack ETA : %1",(_pause - _counter)],"hintSilent",nil,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

eos\b_core.sqf :

Replace the Attack ETA hint by this ( can use this synthax to fix other hint on dedicated ) :

[format ["Attack ETA : %1",(_pause - _counter)],"hintSilent",nil,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

thanks i are going to try this but i have a noob question

do i need to replace all the line ? :

if (_pause > 0 and !_initialLaunch) then {

for "_counter" from 1 to _pause do {

if (_hints) then {hint format ["Attack ETA : %1",(_pause - _counter)];};

sleep 1;};

};

Also i have a second ETA line in b_core.sqf

do i have to replace the code there also ?

for "_counter" from 1 to _timeout do {

if (_hints) then {

if (_waves > 1) then {hint format ["Next wave ETA : %1",(_timeout - _counter)];};};

thanks i are going to try this but i have a noob question

do i need to replace all the line ? :

if (_hints) then {hint format ["Attack ETA : %1",(_pause - _counter)];};

sleep 1;};

};

Also i have a second ETA line in b_core.sqf

do i have to replace the code there also ?

for "_counter" from 1 to _timeout do {

if (_hints) then {

if (_waves > 1) then {hint format ["Next wave ETA : %1",(_timeout - _counter)];};};

Like this :

if (_hints) then  {[format ["Attack ETA : %1",(_pause - _counter)],"hintSilent",nil,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;};
sleep 1;};
};

EDIT : Don't need to change the seconde one except if you use multiple waves