norrin

norrin's ArmA2 scripts ported to ArmA3

norrin,

Typo in revive_sqf\mobile\vcl_respawn.sqf @ line 45

this addEventHandler ['GETOUT',{[_this select 0] execVM 'revive_sqf\mobile\mobile_remove_spawn.sqf'}];";

this addEventHandler ['GETOUT',{[_this select 0] execVM 'revive_sqf\mobile\mobile_remove_spawn.sqf'}];

Also might be worth inserting after line 42:

_vcl_new lock false;
_vcl_new setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";

So in single player the mobile respawn is not locked after it respawns ;)

Edited by [KH]Jman

See first post for download details.

Version 0.41 Fixes:

* Multiple errors in the vcl_respawn.sqf

* The carrying action should now work as it did in ArmA2.

@[KH]Jman - thanks for your diligence mate, that'll learn me to not check all the functionality before releasing. :) Turns out there was quite a few errors in that bit of code. Also thanks for getting me up to speed on some of the new fangled commands introduced back in ArmA2. :o

Your work continues to be with me Every time I play.

Thank you again sir, for all that you do.

Bug report.

2013/05/14, 21:08:33 Error in expression < 0;
_array 	= _this select 1; 
[_array] call _fnc;
>
2013/05/14, 21:08:33   Error position: <call _fnc;
>
2013/05/14, 21:08:33   Error call: Type Array, expected code
2013/05/14, 21:08:33 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\revive_sqf\pvEH\pvEH.sqf, line 6

Fires on server and clients. Happens once players have jipped in MP and have respawned once died.

I'm afraid I cannot give you anymore info than that.

Norrin, I found a very serious bug that makes it unplayable with AI. I downloaded the most recent file and used your test mission on a local mp server and killed myself with grenades. I called for help, everything worked fine, and I got revived by 2 ai (i'm guessing one to revive and one to cover). I got up and the 2 ai that revived me were not in my squad anymore and there was no way to regroup them. But otherwise this script is working great. Keep up the good work man!

Edited by Southpaw51

See first post for details

Version 0.42 Fixes

* Hopefully fixed the server bug related to JIP and respawn following death identified by [KH]Jman.

* Fix for group members rejoining leader's group following revive identified by Southpaw51.

See first post for download link

v0.43 Fixes

* Definitely fixed the pvEH.sqf error on a dedicated server

* Error in revive_player.sqf fixed - this was causing a multitude of error reports in the dedicated server log

@Foxhound - sorry for the rapid update mate.

Thank you Norrin for your time put into the revive script. With the animations they work fine in single player but multiplayer they go very weird, i thought this could have been from a desync issues but after trying several times and making a server with only 1 other person and nothing included it was still bugged, any ideas?

Cheers.

How do you respawn with a custom loadout? I have had complaints that after respawn players have default loadout.

Edited by INVICTUS
forgot 1 thing

See first post for details

Fixes version 0.5

* Drag and carry functions should now work and animate correctly on a dedicated server (Tested with one player on a dedicated server with team mates not local to player)

* Fixed the call out function

* Simplified the unconcious animation

* Rationalised public variable eventhandlers

@INVICTUS - there is a built in function in the scripts but I haven't tested it yet for ArmA3; however, this only allows a single custom load-out for all units following respawn. What would be better is to write your own loadout script for each of your classes and then use the NORRNCustomExec4 in the revive_init.sqf as described in the ReadMe.

Is there a way to have the script run on all the ai I have in a mission without having to name all the ai and manually putting them into the NORRN_player_units? Also want to avoid using the playableunits option as well as I don't want the player to be able to switch to enemy ai. Only recently started to use this script and it has just been making my missions fantastic!

Hey Norrin.. me again trying your revive script.

Any possibility you can help me out.

I merged my own mission with your template. And copy'd all the needed files to my mission folder. I edited the desc and init as told in the readme and checked all the markers. Named the units that need to be playable in the revive init and changed a cople options in there aswell. But what ever i do. I can't get it to work in my mission.

It gives me a script error on startup. I don't use alot of scripts so i took out all the other scripts. But still it gives e the error. When i disable your script the error disappears. It seems that it won't initialize.

And the error seems totally unrelated.

See the 2 screenshot links below.

The code in the init line is this:

//Initialise revive script (this next line is needed for revive script)
server execVM "revive_init.sqf"

[] spawn {
		scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";
		["rsc\aaa.jpg", true] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;	
		waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_titlecard_finished")};

};

execVM "briefing.sqf";

I changed it around and such and added some extra code to try and make it work, but that did not help either.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/848080357991729512/BC4F4C9379B16E622ABB7EEED210EB15B35ACAA2/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/848080357991723664/C36270F948D7FB5286254902C2863EB04703464B/

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

//Initialise revive script (this next line is needed for revive script)

[] spawn {
		scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";
		["rsc\aaa.jpg", true] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;	
		waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_titlecard_finished")};

};

execVM "briefing.sqf";

The two errors may both be related but I'm not entirely sure. The first error is fairly simple to fix, just add a semi-colon at the end of the line that reads

should read:

server execVM "revive_init.sqf";

@ninjaFalcon - the scripts aren't designed to run on huge number of AI as the scripts need to run for each unit, therefore if there are a lot of AI running the scripts your computer may slow to a crawl. Having said that I seem to remember that some groups run missions with up to 32 players, maybe more, using these scripts.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for a while.

Thanks so much for all your work Norrin!

Okay Question,

The revive script is working great until we move and deploy the mobile spawn. After that when we die we are spawned not randomly but not at the west re spawn point and we can no longer use revive.

Has anybody had this problem before?

We are currently running our mission on a dedicated server.

If you need any information I will be happy to get. You will just need to tell me how.

hey norrin,

i had a problem with your script, my unconscious player would roll over again and again without someone else doing anything.

He would always play a rolltoback anim.

i replaced "AinjPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon" with "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_injured" and it works fine now

Revive_4_ArmA3.Stratis\revive_sqf\Revive_player.sqf

_revive_damage = 0.5; //array no.37 - Unit's level of damage following revive

doesnt seem to work

Edited by wuush

Hey Norrin, any chance you'll be updating the revive script for Beta? Trying to load the demo mission or merging the mission in the new Beta editor kicks out a "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted." error.

Hey Norrin,

I've been using the helitaxi script, but we're having a few issues with the engine being cut just before touch down and then the chopper very slightly rising off as the engine starts again. If you don't jump out of the chopper immediately, then it can be a fair way off the ground. Anyway to check and make sure that the chopper is down. Also, the AI tends to fly very nose up, nose down, nose up etc. Is this just AI flying, or the script interacting badly?

I am using the 0.5 version revive script in my mission (Whole Lotta Stratis). While testing alone with dedicated and basic server all works nice, but I joined today to two dedicated servers running the mission and this error was constantly displayed:

Error in expression <if(!isNull <NULL-object> && <NULL-object> in _units>
 Error position: <<NULL-object> && <NULL-object> in _units>
 Error Invalid number in expression

Not sure if its a bug or result of some hacker attack since also the AI was ignoring my scripts, only standing still and there was much buildings damaged. Just in case, wanted to report. Else thanks for the amazing script.

Edit: Are you btw against the upcoming steamworks? May I upload my mission using this script to steamworks? I understand if not.

Edited by SaOk

Hey norrin

Thanks for porting your Scripts to A3 !!

Today i start creating a new Mission and i have this Error in my RPT :

Error in expression <on _primWep;
{if (_x != "") then {_unit removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon _x}} forEach>
 Error position: <removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon _x}} forEach>
 Error Missing ;

It seem's to be a Error in your ".../newfnc/returnloadout.sqf", but im not sure...

And i think, it's not possible to spawn at the Mobilespawn. I used it under A2, but in A3 i dont get i running. I tried the Testmission and i don't see a "Player's Choice" with the (Test-) Car, only the Marker "Insertion" is available. What do i wrong ?

Greetings, Mother

Hi Norrin, just want to ask about the convoy script:

This is a great script but I'm having a problem with the convoy restarting after combat. If i blow up the first vehicle using an IED, the convoy stops and assumes the combat behaviour, then after a while I get the "rejoin convoy" hint and most of the soldiers get back in, except the drivers who just lie on the floor for ever. So the convoy never restarts.

It's all being called correctly I think. Any ideas?

hi

im again... i have isolated the problem, it's line 95 in ".../newfnc/returnloadout.sqf" !!

//{if (_x != "") then {_unit removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon _x}} forEach (primaryWeaponItems _unit);

for all who have the same problem : i have outcomment this atm, now its possible to have the loadout on your man. also all weaponattachments (i.e. scopes,mags,soundsuppressor) for the (i.e.) rifle now available after respwn, but i dont have the soundsuppressor for the handgun... :confused:

but the issue with the handgun is not tested well by me, i will do this in the afternoon... if i can fix it, i will post the solution... :p

greetz, mother

edit : anyone an idea, why it's not possible to spawn at the mobile spawn atm ??