Nvm fixed it.

Edited by azz_er

Is this script JIP compatible? When I reconnect to my 'Test Server' all of the tasks don't show up...

Dirty Haz

Is this script JIP compatible? When I reconnect to my 'Test Server' all of the tasks don't show up...

Some people will disagree when I say this, but yes it is JIP compatible. However, it does not work with respawn, i.e. if you are using anyhting that respawns dead players or AI, then this script won't work. It is primarily meant to be used for non-respawn missions.

Okay, questions...

1) How do I make the script JIP compatible without respawn?

2) Do you have any plans on making the script JIP and respawn compatible?

Dirty Haz

Okay, questions...

1) How do I make the script JIP compatible without respawn?

The script is JIP compatible. If you are not seeing any tasks, then there is a different problem. Your filter might be too specific, check that first.

2) Do you have any plans on making the script JIP and respawn compatible?

I can't speak for Varanon, but for the time being, it is JIP compatible but will not be respawn compatible.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Then this will not work with BTC Revive?

To be honest, I don't know. As long as the unit is alive when the tasks are given out (i.e. at the beginning of the mission) it should keep those, but I have never used respawn other than side/group, and never used any revive script. You'd have to try it for yourself.

@Varanon It has been over a month now and you still haven't added disabledAi=1; support. Would you mind in the meantime releasing my version that does support it ? So you don't have to answer same question again and again.

Edited by aeroson

@Varanon It has been over a month now and you still haven't added disabledAi=1; support. Would you mind in the meantime releasing my version that does support it ? So you don't have to answer same question again and again.

If you put it up on a website somewhere and tell me the link, I'll update the first post with a link to it. However, I will specifically say that this is a version I won't support.

Thanks

Was trying it out Multiplayer. For me it worked fine (Server), but for my friend, he got this error when a task should start

http://fuskbugg.se/file/QehxXD/2013-06-30_00002.jpg

Any idea? It seems to happen to all tasks that starts with a trigger for him, but not for them that i have in a script file in mission folder.

For just this task, the code i have in Trigger field is this

"["task3", "succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState; [ west, ["task2", "Search the houses for ammobox or items that Jalle have hidden somewhere", "Search the houses", "", getmarkerpos Markernum, "assigned" ] ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;"

The error basically means that the task objective or position does not exist. In your case, it's the getMarkerPos. Are you sure you quoted the example correctly ? getMarkerPos needs a string, the name of the marker. You did not put "makernum" in quotes, so I assume it's a global variable ? If it's a variable, are you sure it exists on the client as well (i.e. has been made public via oublicVariable "Markernum") ? I would guess you missed that part, and that is why it works on your machine (the variable is present) but not on remote machnes (the variable is undefined).

The error basically means that the task objective or position does not exist. In your case, it's the getMarkerPos. Are you sure you quoted the example correctly ? getMarkerPos needs a string, the name of the marker. You did not put "makernum" in quotes, so I assume it's a global variable ? If it's a variable, are you sure it exists on the client as well (i.e. has been made public via oublicVariable "Markernum") ? I would guess you missed that part, and that is why it works on your machine (the variable is present) but not on remote machnes (the variable is undefined).

Hmm i think your right.

The markernull thing, is because i don't want the location to show up where to go exactly, and that i want them to find it for them self, so they can't follow any marker.

When i put markernull in quotes "markernull" then it will show a position in the sea. But i don't want any position to be shown up, how can i do then?

Please, is a sitting duck until someone helps here.

In short, How do i get the Markerposition to not be displayed so you can't see really where to go? The one "Objective 258m".

Please, is a sitting duck until someone helps here.

In short, How do i get the Markerposition to not be displayed so you can't see really where to go? The one "Objective 258m".

If markernull is a variable, you need to do

publicVariable "markernull";

Note also that map markers that appear as a small, dotted circle are invisible during the mission, so players will not see them

If markernull is a variable, you need to do

publicVariable "markernull";

Note also that map markers that appear as a small, dotted circle are invisible during the mission, so players will not see them

Thanks for still helping me!

The thing i meant is

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/kiory/2013-03-09_00001_zps552ad369.jpg

the waypoint marker saying "Find first aid kit 16m" to the left. I don't want to get the waypoint marker in the mission, thats why i thought that "getmarkerpos markernull" would do that waypoint thing invisible. I don't want the players to be able to know where they should go exactly.

I tried this

Original (Thinking that "markernull" did so the waypoint thing does not show up since im not good at scripting, but still testing things i see in forums)

"["task3", "succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState; [ west, ["task2", "Search the houses for ammobox or items that Jalle have hidden somewhere", "Search the houses", "", [b]getmarkerpos Markernum[/b], "assigned" ] ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;" 

Tested but then the task wont worke

"["task3", "succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState; [ west, ["task2", "Search the houses for ammobox or items that Jalle have hidden somewhere", "Search the houses", "", [b]"Leaving this area empty so they don't get the waypoint, just having the quotes"[/b], "assigned" ] ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;"

So the thing is, i don't want to have players see the waypoint where to go, so i guess the "getmarkerpos" probably isn't even the right command for that, but i got to try some things on my own hehe

the waypoint marker saying "Find first aid kit 16m" to the left. I don't want to get the waypoint marker in the mission, thats why i thought that "getmarkerpos markernull" would do that waypoint thing invisible. I don't want the players to be able to know where they should go exactly.

Ah, I think I understand. You want a task, but it should not point anywhere on the map. In that case, just leave out the parameter completely:

[ west, 
   ["task2", "Search the houses for ammobox or items that Jalle have hidden somewhere", "Search the houses", "",  "assigned" ] 
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;"

Like this. The thing is, the fifth parameter can be either a string, an object, or an actual position. If it's an object, the task is tied to the object's position (if the object moves, the task marker moves along). If the parameter is a position, the task marker is on the position. Otherwise, it's assumed that you didn't want the task marker to show up, and it's expecting a string, indicating the task state.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, now were on the right track i think ;)

It seems to work fine alone atleast, will test it tomorrow with my friend and see so its working.

Many many thanks!

Hi, first off thanks for great script

Having a problem with getting trigger to recognize that 3 different tasks have been completed by using the call FHQ_TT_areTasksCompleted

For instance, I have 3 optional objectives namely: Find a Passport; Find a Hardrive; Find a Cellphone all defined in the init as

taskpassport, taskhardrive, taskcelly
respectively.

So if in Condition box (or script) I have:

["taskpassport","taskhardrive","taskcelly","succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_areTasksCompleted -it will not fire.

On the other hand if I use ["taskpassport","succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskCompleted and ["taskcelly","succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskCompleted and ["taskhardrive","succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskCompleted

So basically naming them all individually using istaskcompleted rather than multiple taskes using, aretaskscompleted seems to work....:confused:

Also wondering how I could have various ending depending on if only a portion of those tasks being completed ie..END#1 if Task 1 & Task 3 completed while END#2 if Task 2 and Task 4 completed etc..

Note: I have no idea why there is that space above in "succeed ed" :p

["taskpassport","taskhardrive","taskcelly","succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_areTasksCompleted -it will not fire.

Because it would check if there is a task called "succeeded" which didn't succeed ;)

Try ["taskpassport","taskhardrive","taskcelly"] call FHQ_TT_areTasksCompleted

or

["taskpassport","taskhardrive","taskcelly"] call FHQ_TT_areTasksSuccessful

Let me know if that works.

I'm trying to use this in a mission running on a dedicated server, but there is no task list or notification at the start.

Here's the code from my init.sqf:

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt.sqf";

[
/* These entries are only visible for the units in of side West */
West, 
	["Mission - Blufor",
		"Blufors mission is to head back to the woods to locate the missing crate, load it into a vehicle (crate is loaded by an action on the crate) and return to their camp with it."]
] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

[
/* These entries are only visible for the units in of side east */
east, 
	["Mission - Opfor",
		"Opfors mission is to locate the crate and place an explosive charge on it to deny the enemy (charge is placed by an action on the crate)."]       
] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

[
   west,
["taskCapture", "Retrieve the package and transport it back to the Blufor camp", "Retrieve the box", "MOVE", getmarkerpos "objective"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

[
   east,
   	["taskDestroy", "Locate the Blufors missing cargo and deny them of it by destroying the box", "Destroy the box", "MOVE", getMarkerPos "objective"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

and here'a the code in the trigger at the start to make the assigned notification happen

["taskCapture","assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

Any ideas why this wouldn't be working? It works fine in the editor but not the server.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Nevermind problem solved, it was because of this piece of code

waitUntil { !isNull player }; 

for something else before the tasktracker code, removed that and now it's fine

Strange, I have tried the script on dedicated servers and I can confirm that it works. So no, no idea why it doesn't work. Can you provide me with the mission or a stripped down version so I can have a look ?

Check quick reply on my post, I've found out what caused the problem and it's fixed. Cheers.

Hi Varanon,

Since last patch I'm getting errors when I'm using code like:

["task1", "assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

The error reads:

'KRON_TRGFlag=|#|KRON_Trig_EAST_AZ1'

Error undefined variable in expression: kron_trig_east_az1

Just FYI (but you probably know anyway) 'AZ1' is my marker name. Something's happened in this patch which is flagging this error. My missions were script-error free before current stable patch.

Any ideas?

Hi Varanon,

Since last patch I'm getting errors when I'm using code like:

["task1", "assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

The error reads:

Just FYI (but you probably know anyway) 'AZ1' is my marker name. Something's happened in this patch which is flagging this error. My missions were script-error free before current stable patch.

Any ideas?

check this thread, it's talking about it

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159911-So-what-makes-a-variable-undefined-amp-how-to-define-it