Hi Varanon.

I try use to in my missions but when I change my state to "captive" to test the mission the script don't "succeded" the state of the task.

There's one solution?

Setting yourself to Captive changes your side from whatever it is to CIVILIAN. You need to either make the tasks apply to CIVILIAN side as well, or don't set captive :)

First of all, thanks. This is a great script package to use.

Is there a way to update the task location? For instance, I have a random unit spawned in a 500m radius. When he is detected I would like the task marker to move to that location as well. When making SP missions this is easily done with setSimpleTaskDestination. I even have it following moving units as well with a loop.

I know there may be a better way but I'm still learning...

//Trigger fires this when activated: (both task destination and marker follow unit)

if (alive unita) then { 
  hint "the CSAT vehicle has been located"; 
  playSound "spot";
  "unita" setmarkerpos getpos unita;   
  "unita" setMarkerText "CSAT vehicle";     
  "unita" setMarkerColor "ColorRed";    
   task1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getpos unita);  
nul = [] spawn { while {not isnull unita} do { "unita" setmarkerpos getpos unita; task1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getpos unita); sleep 15; }; };
} else {}    

My method works just fine for a SP mission, but now that I try to make a few MP missions I need the to use your task scripts and haven't found a way to do it yet using your commands.

I can add a function to update the task position. The reason you don't see it in MP is that tasks are local, they have to be replicated on each client.

What do I have to do to get tasks and briefings for guerilla/independant side.

It has a script error if I use "guer" as my side in the array, it does work. Should I just ignore this?

I am on Arma 3

What do I have to do to get tasks and briefings for guerilla/independant side.

It has a script error if I use "guer" as my side in the array, it does work. Should I just ignore this?

I am on Arma 3

Try:-

resistance

Make a trigger, and instead of "this" in the condition do something like

["task_1"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskSuccessful AND ["task_2"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskSuccessful AND ["task_3"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskSuccessful

then in the trigger's activation field, enter

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

or whatever end you want for the mission.

Herro

i am wondering if there is away to use strings from stringtable.xml with creating tasks so that i the tasts i create are compatible with multiple languages

here is what i mean, this is the starting task for one of my missions

[
group play1,
   	["StartTask",
        "Get to the insertion point and get out the chopper",
        "Insertion to Altis",
        "Landing Zone",
        getmarkerpos "lz1",
        "assigned"
	]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

now in my stringtable.xml i have (this is just a snippet)

<!-- ************************** -->
		<!-- * Intro Task Information * -->
		<!-- ************************** -->
		<Key ID="STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT">		
			<Original>Get to the insertion point and get out the chopper</Original>
			<English>Get to the insertion point and get out the chopper</English>
		</Key>
		<Key ID="STR_INTRO_TASK_TITLE">
			<Original>Insertion to Altis</Original>
			<English>Insertion to Altis</English>
		</Key>
		<Key ID="STR_INTRO_WAYPOINT_TEXT">
			<Original>Landing Zone</Original>
			<English>Landing Zone</English>
		</Key>

i have tried the following with no luck

1. localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT"
  2. (localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT")
  3. [localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT"]
  4. format ["%1",localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT"]
  5. STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT
  6. "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT"
  7. $STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT
  8. "$STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT"

Does any one have any ideas? Is FHW Task Tracker compatible using strings from stringtable? also can you use stringtable strings with adding briefings?

Does any one have any ideas? Is FHW Task Tracker compatible using strings from stringtable? also can you use stringtable strings with adding briefings?

Yes, it does.

Your example should look like this:

[
 group play1, 
    ["StartTask", localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT", localize "STR_INTRO_TASK_TITLE", localize "STR_INTRO_WAYPOINT_TEXT",  getMarkerPos "lz1", "assigned"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTask;

If it still doesn't work, try adding

player sideChar localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT";

to verify if the localization works at all

localization works, i have it working for my radio dialogue and locations to the audio filesThat did not work but for some reason this did

[
group play1,
   	["StartTask",
        format ["%1",localize "STR_INTRO_BRIEFING_TEXT"],
        format ["%1",localize "STR_INTRO_TASK_TITLE"],
        format ["%1",localize "STR_INTRO_WAYPOINT_TEXT"],
        getmarkerpos "lz1",
        "assigned"
	]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

it didn't work the first time, maybe i forgot to save the stringtable before previewing the mission. its the only way i can get it working

it didn't work the first time, maybe i forgot to save the stringtable before previewing the mission. its the only way i can get it working

I used the version that I posted in a mission, and it worked for me. localize just returns a string, so it shouldn't be any different whether you use localize directly, or in a format command.

I noticed that the task creation/succeeded/etc notifications don't work unless there's at least one FHQ_TT_addBriefing entry. Is this intended behavior?

I noticed that the task creation/succeeded/etc notifications don't work unless there's at least one FHQ_TT_addBriefing entry. Is this intended behavior?

No, it isn't. I'll check. I have a hunch what might be the cause

Edit: Yep, it's waiting for the briefing first. I'll see how I can work around that. Thanks for pointing it out, much appreciated.

No, it isn't. I'll check. I have a hunch what might be the cause

Edit: Yep, it's waiting for the briefing first. I'll see how I can work around that. Thanks for pointing it out, much appreciated.

I typically add briefings in a seperate .hpp as they just remain static and are really only relevant at the start. As a workaround I just added a fluff fhq_tt_addbriefing.

Hi!

Suddenly the script doesn't work anymore with the lastest update ver 1.16.

Other major bugs in the update. One task never gets succeeded, il provide repro mission later.

Can you please elaborate ?

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Suddenly the script doesn't work anymore with the lastest update ver 1.16.

Dev or stable ? I'm pretty sure it still works on stable. Can you provide a repro mission, or point me to what function no longer works ?

This is bullshit, I've tried bis functions, shk and now fhq and NOTHING has permitted me to create tasks for multiplayer.

I've been over this I don't know how many times trying to find if there's some locality issue screwing things up but I've found no issue in the code.

Please tell me what the fuck I'm doing wrong because this is driving me mad

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck7zq6e0guiuwb3/COOP39DynamicCrust18.Takistan.pbo

This is bullshit, I've tried bis functions, shk and now fhq and NOTHING has permitted me to create tasks for multiplayer.

I've been over this I don't know how many times trying to find if there's some locality issue screwing things up but I've found no issue in the code.

Please tell me what the fuck I'm doing wrong because this is driving me mad

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck7zq6e0guiuwb3/COOP39DynamicCrust18.Takistan.pbo

Keep in mind a lot of this stuff, especially the functions I was talking about (assuming that's what you meant), is for/in ArmA 3. Unless you're just using Takistan as a ported map.

You don't set any briefing. The current version of FHQ TaskTracker has a bug: when you don't give ANY briefing, you will not get any tasks either since it is waiting for the briefing to arrive.

A temporary fix for this is to remove the lines

// Wait until briefing is ready (on server)
           waitUntil {!isNil "FHQ_TTI_briefing"};
           FHQ_TTI_BriefingList call FHQ_TTI_UpdateBriefingList;

from fhqtt2.sqf (lines 112ff).

This should work if you don't intent to add a briefing.

I'm working on a full fix.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

;2679992']Keep in mind a lot of this stuff' date=' especially the functions I was talking about (assuming that's what you meant), is for/in ArmA 3. Unless you're just using Takistan as a ported map.[/quote']

The script should work on Arma 2 as well. I actually tested it.

How could I create tasks using variables that I pass to the FHQ tasktracker? I tried this but it doesn't work I am sure it is just my bad knowledge of scripting.

_zone = (_this select 0);
curtask = (_this select 1);
_town = (_this select 2);

if (isServer) then {

[['curtask',"Secure the town of '_town'","Secure '_town'","'_town'",getmarkerpos _zone,"assigned"]] call 

FHQ_TT_addTasks;

};

It works great other than the _town name being displayed properly.

cheers

k

Edited by ikmn