thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

Hello Dog:

I am working on a release addon of a military Command Post, and I would love to include that awesome PiP you are using on the projector screen.

Is it possible you could send me some sort of tutorial/source for that object so I could see how you did it?

Regards,

Richards

Hi, whats the classname for Hardrive -it's not in the readme? I took a couple stabs at additem "ARP_Objects_hardrive_m"; as well as addmagazine :)

we have a very nice configviewer in arma 3, you should be able to find it in there! ;)

[Accidental spam / please ignore or delete, thanks]

Edited by Kydoimos

we have a very nice configviewer in arma 3, you should be able to find it in there! ;)

Checked. It's not there -unless it's not under Magazines....:confused:

Ah yes, strange because many are also under Magazines...cheers! :)

LOL, still having problems with this harddrive: player addmagazine "ARP_Objects_harddrive"; give me a no cfg error

Edited by froggyluv

[Accidental spam / Please ignore or delete, thanks]

Edited by Kydoimos

EDIT: so i want to introduce somebody to you guys, his name is tomy, tomy tomahawk. ...

I am using your addon, thank you for sharing it.

I tried a quickie mission today to blow up a couple of tomahawks, but they would not cooperate. Wouldn't blow up.

Just wanted to mention that it would be cool if we could do so. Perhaps it's already on your to-do list, just thought I'd let you know that there is at least some interest in seeing that happening.

Thanks again for sharing your work.

Damn. New Beta patch may have messed up this mod somewhat. It still works, but I'm getting cfg errors at mission launch that take up half the screen (I'm guessing because I populated each of my houses with goodies from this pack!) and cause the game to flicker back to the load screen momentarily. That last bit sucks particularly hard for the mission I'm working on which starts with the player at the controls of a chopper. LOL. It says something about "rantex off" and "undefined variable in expression _scmode" and "file arpobjects2\Scripts\Screens\init_screen.sqf line 10".

I don't know if this is a stupid question but i'll ask it anyways. How did you make the players in the preview pictures for the mod sit in the chairs and do all those fancy poses and what not???? And how did you put all those different images on the computer monitors and the TOC screen???

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

Please, please, any news on the Beta ARP2? Any screenshots? Seriously, really, really itching to download it!

you're lucky a mod didn't eat your butt hole out for asking about news you know. Got my two glorious infractions for that...

Really? Sorry, why would I get an infraction for that? Is it frowned upon? I just wanted to express my interest. Apologies! Regarding units sitting on chairs, try out the attachto command. You'll need to also set the ai behaviour to 'safe' and use the disableai command, as well as the switchmove and playmove commands. There's a designated thread somewhere. If you're still having problems let me know - I'll copy and paste the script for you. [Just read the forum rules. Thanks, had no idea I was 'spamming' on my last post. Again, apologies].

Edited by Kydoimos

you're lucky a mod didn't eat your butt hole out for asking about news you know. Got my two glorious infractions for that...

You are very wrong. You recieved 2 warnings, which are just (friendly?) reminders to follow the forum rules. If even that is something you spit on as you do above I fear what I might have coming.

Also I would like to inform you moderators here do not eat members butt hole, we simply uphold the forum rules you agreed with while signing up on these forums. If those rules are something you can not life with all I can suggest is to move on to a place where rules are absolete. Maybe try the youtube comments, there your post would have been recieved with applause and salutes maybe even thanks and a donation.

Now you just earned your first infraction. When you wish to comment on a moderators action(s) or the moderating on this forum you can do that in private!

@Kydoimos

Please do not ask for news. That is considered spamming. When an author has something to share he will do so and he does not need the reminders of others he was working on things.

Edited by Guest

Really? Sorry, why would I get an infraction for that? Is it frowned upon? I just wanted to express my interest. Apologies! Regarding units sitting on chairs, try out the attachto command. You'll need to also set the ai behaviour to 'safe' and use the disableai command, as well as the switchmove and playmove commands. There's a designated thread somewhere. If you're still having problems let me know - I'll copy and paste the script for you. [Just read the forum rules. Thanks, had no idea I was 'spamming' on my last post. Again, apologies].

Yeah I said the same thing :P Thanks for the help bud, you remember what the name of the thread was?

Edited by LemTheGentleman

I can also vouch for the fact that the Beta has thrown up a few errors for ARP2. I think it's limited to the screens, however.

I can also vouch for the fact that the Beta has thrown up a few errors for ARP2. I think it's limited to the screens, however.

Yeah, all the screens are blank. The UAV still works though

fellas, i apologize for my absence right off the bat. i hope i didn't disgruntle any loyal fans and what not but i have been so stupid busy with the school im at that i havent played a video in a month+. needless to say that also took up my modding time. generally speaking i was working roughly 17-19 hours a day for weeks on end, and no, i am not exaggerating, im in the military and 4-5 hours of sleep is my norm. anyways, enough about why i was gone lets get to business shall we?

sooo in regards to the issues that have been caused by the beta. no, i have not had anytime in trying to reproduce any for that matter so i am unaware what is currently working and what is not. if anybody has detailed documentation on the issues you are having it would make it easier to address the situation, so yes, this is me reaching out for help from the community to make it easier and less time consuming for the team to fix things. however, if it is primarily code related it will most likely not be touched until the full game comes out. with coding inconsistency on bohemia's side (not bashing bohemia, just saying its a WIP game where the code changes now and then) it just generates a multitude of headaches on our end, which in turn generates a headache on your end. cause and effect right? so yeah, code wise we will do very limited work for now, if any honestly.

in regards to new models and the long awaited oil rig. the oil rig project is on hold, sad face. there was an issue with poly count etc and im trying to find a work around, which with the limited time on my hands is a tough nut to crack, so dont expect that bad boy anytime soon. new models, however, will be added into the next update. whatever i was working on prior to me going AWOL i will ensure to incorporate into that update so you have new toys to play with. lets just hope they dont add to the list of errors. i believe bad benson also has the update for the UAV ready which allows for some added functionality, zooming, moving etc. pretty neat stuff.

big question, WHEN SENSEI!? im not sure but i promise you, i am not doing "nothing". over the next few weeks i will make time to pick the mod back up and get it back into motion even if its just temporarily. i know the full release is imminent, however my RL career takes priority.

all this being said, thank you guys for the continuous support for the mod.

Take your time.

I'd rather see it done properly than hastily, have full trust though! :D

Do you think you could post us a list of planned changes (if you haven't already) to get our mouths a bit more dribbing?

Thanks for the update Dog! Really appreciate it - lol, totally understand! Real life should sort of come first! :)

The latest Arma patch cleared up the error message for me! Hip hip hurray!! Great mod!

I have been able to figure out how to get the cameras to work but unable to figure out the UAV.

PDF says:

For example: this [30,30,100] will create a fake UAV flying 30 meters away from its target with 100 meters

altitude.How do I select a target?

Do I attach this to a screen or the UAV box Toughbook?

this setvariable["arp_sc_mode", ["4split_on", [[c1,0,[20,20,80]]],"256"], true];

And what do I name "c1"?

I did read every page of this forum before asking. Just noobing around sorry..

Are there any prebuilt templates?

Thanks for the work!

1) in the images on the first post what tables are used and could you put a template up for that room,

2) when i open your demo missions i have 3-4 things missing they are

"A3_Soft_F_Offroad",

"A3_Air_F_MH9",

"A3_Boat_F_Speedboat",

could someone help me solve this asap

and i love the mod its fantastic

Thanks in advance