shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

An impressive update once again!

@shay, are you aware your mod folder is now named @mcc_sandbox\ - but the SIX version (AFAICS) is @mcc_sandbox_a3\?

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 ----------

Delayed/Cached Spawn buttons are off - 1920x1200 screen, smallest ArmA interface size.

2014-10-14_00003eyjqp.jpg

@Shay - @spirit ... r9 ... what to say :omg:

Great update!

You quoted me but didn't reply to me btw :p I was asking why the green mcc addaction you get was repeatedly adding to me. I set the access rights in the editor, popped my mission on the server and it just repeatedly adds the addaction for -=MCC=- to me

Can i save these missions AND brush work aka sandstorms etc to SQM and load from scenarios my mission with these effects active?

Save to MCC will save this but save to SQM will only save unit/objects you can add them manually by calling the MCC functions, go over the function library from the debug menu in MCC to learn more about them.

The sandstorm for example can be called by

[["sandstorm", false],"MCC_fnc_ppEffects",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

;2794059']SP' date=' Shay_gman, but I´ll try R9 and see if that´s fixed! Loved the interaction and brushes idea!

[EDIT'] Yep, it is still happening... if I spawn anything, when trying to save & close, BAMF... CTD!

[EDIT2] Well, it happens with SOME missions... had the impression it happened with campaigns and all SP, but it is with some missions, maybe some conflicting script on those missions... example: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181143-SP-Ammo-Low&highlight=Ammo+Low

cheers!

We don't mess to much with SP save sorry we can't help you with that.

An impressive update once again!

@shay, are you aware your mod folder is now named @mcc_sandbox\ - but the SIX version (AFAICS) is @mcc_sandbox_a3\?

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 ----------

Delayed/Cached Spawn buttons are off - 1920x1200 screen, smallest ArmA interface size.

http://abload.de/thumb/2014-10-14_00003eyjqp.jpg

Thanks will check it out.

Great update!

You quoted me but didn't reply to me btw :p I was asking why the green mcc addaction you get was repeatedly adding to me. I set the access rights in the editor, popped my mission on the server and it just repeatedly adds the addaction for -=MCC=- to me

It should be fixed in the new version. Download it and let us know.

Thanks shay,i went over the debug functions,its first time to even open it to be honest.

I cant find the code for warzone effect.

Is it possible to use that in a trigger like the sandstorm effect code you mentioned?

I'm able to fortify using ASR_AI or bCombat along with Gaia Fortify (set to a zone)

Ooh, that might be it. I've tried with units not in a zone.

I'll try this, thanks!

*edited*

Delayed spawn and caching issues on dedicated fixed in upcoming release R10..

Edited by spirit6

Just got to say thank you Shaygman, Spirit & Psycho!:yay: The work is awesome, let alone the sheer amount of effort that goes into all that you guys do!:yay:

VIPeR[TG]

Yes, Shaygman and Spirit and Psycho. You have created a great thing here, I very much enjoy using it and our group thanks you too for the hours and hours of fun this provides. Thank you for your hard work. We appreciate you working with the community as well to make this the best it can be.

Here the update i've promised you: r9

There was a bug with resistance and east it should be fixed in the new version. Apart from that the function name has been changed from CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint to MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint and it is better to use side (resistance) in the third variable and not a string ('guer').

Thanks MCC team for all your work again on this R9 (mod version).

I first wanted to test the new function MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint for WEST. So it still works for West (on spawn and REspawn) as expected.

However, I was interested to see if then it would work for Resistance side (due to my favorite faction mode belongs to), and unfortunately the same issue previously reported in the MCC mod R8 occured.

I mean, after the briefing, click on continue button and get the expected menu to choose on the menu map betwen the HQ and the FOB spawn point (both were working at this step) but NOT after REspawn.

Indeed, after being killed, I don't have anymore the menu selection proposal to choose the respawn point like it's still the case in my WEST mission using the new function.

Besides, I paid attention of your comments and use side (resistance) instead of ('guer') in the last variable for both HQ and FOB as you can see in the content of my new init.SQF detailed below:

enableSaving [false,false];

MCC_START_GUER = getpos startR;

if (isServer) then

{

[getpos startR, 0, resistance,'HQ',false] call MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

[getpos fobr_1, 0, resistance,'FOB',false] call MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

};

Do we still have the bug or is it something different like a syntax mistake on my side? (for your information, I tried several combinations using for instance side ('resistance'), or (resistance) or ('guer') etc... but I couldn't make it run at the RESPAWN for resistance faction.

Sorry for this and I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.

As always, I find MCC awesome and to be honnest, since OPERATION FLASHPOINT, I was waiting for such a mod to enjoy the game in SP as in MP without thinking that it would have been possible to get so much from it! ;-)

So thank you so much. You deserve to win the big prize!!!

Small improvement idea. Have the key binding for interaction that the player chooses show up over IED, so it's not showing the generic press C to disarm. I have a feeling that might be more complicated than it sounds. EDIT: this already happens, just need to log out and log back in. all set.

Also, IED set to disable, when they light a vehicle on fire, that fireball is not removable in a server/client setting. On local machine Brush delete works, but fireball burns forever, never goes out, and cannot be removed. Maybe remove the fireball all together?

Edited by EEEMB

This malicious utility has done more for destroying the base of knowledge in scripting and mission making within the entire Arma community than any other add on. If this mods popularity continues, you can count on Arma IV removing it's editor all together. Even if there is one in it, no one will know how to use it. MCC Sandbox kills server performance and morphs it's users into "wanna be" scripters and mission makers that really can't do anything without the tool. There is one simple fact everyone needs to observe: IF YOU USE MCC SANDBOX, YOU ARE NOOB.

This malicious utility has done more for destroying the base of knowledge in scripting and mission making within the entire Arma community than any other add on. If this mods popularity continues, you can count on Arma IV removing it's editor all together. Even if there is one in it, no one will know how to use it. MCC Sandbox kills server performance and morphs it's users into "wanna be" scripters and mission makers that really can't do anything without the tool. There is one simple fact everyone needs to observe: IF YOU USE MCC SANDBOX, YOU ARE NOOB.

And what a pleasure it is to be a noob with such a great tool !! :yay:

A heavy and direct way to say this but... True. All Tool which help you doing something easier makes you less smarter. Best example: Google. Is Google Bad? Not really. But if you need to do something different or more complex you need to learn scripting and for study you cannot only trust in Google - you have to read books.

But until you have the knowledge to do so, you can use tools to make it easier.

The truth? Yes!

Bad thing? no!

Could be said more friendly and less offensive? Maybe!

I'm sure you were really upset when windows 3.0 came out and no one asked you how to run MS-DOS command anymore.

And what a pleasure it is to be a noob with such a great tool !! :yay:

I have no argument against banana man, his logic is infallible

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

I'm sure you were really upset when windows 3.0 came out and no one asked you how to run MS-DOS command anymore.

Your a punk shay and a contributor to a more dumbed down Arma community. Don't throw windows 3.0 comments at me as if you know what your talking about because you don't.

About 3rd party unit addon support:

It's working fine for reading groups and spawning units or groups on the map (thanks again !!!!!).

It's not 100% working when combined with the mission generator. I noticed that some part are ok (example: road block are properly spawned and populated) and other not (example: groups that should be patrolling the area are not spawned at all).

I'll conduct more testings to try to identify more precisely what is not working.

Thanks for informing us about the newest version, I completely missed it :(

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Seriously?

Why in the hell would you post something like this. Its like saying Alive killed campaign mode in arma and Arma IV will be without it. Don't use it if you don't like it. I for one think its a great tool and can't wait for future updates.

Thanks for informing us about the newest version, I completely missed it :(

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Tx Fox, take it easy man!

Lol what a pathetic childish comment. ALiVE IS RUINING SCRIPTING AHHHH HOW DARE YOU USE IT!!! Grow up, go away, your trash isn't needed on this thread, you're what's wrong with ArmA.

@spirit, maybe can you tell about your GAIA plans, also you say the occupation thing is WIP; will you make it a bit more configurable (#units for instance)?

Edited by tortuosit

Please guys, focus on giving us feedback instead of feeding a troll. In fact it was, if you read it right, the biggest compliment we ever got ;)

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

@spirit, maybe can you tell about your GAIA plans, also you say the occupation thing is WIP; will you make it a bit more configurable (#units for instance)?

Yes it is WIP and it will change to more settings later on. But my main focus this week is getting an event generator in MCC , making sure more interesting things happen during mission time. Think like sudden flashlighted patrols, AI with a broken car down the road, dogs. This all with respect to the factions used by the mission maker.

@So gimme a list of your interesting events that could just happen if you walk down the road. This events are totally random and are player oriented. This means that the most bored players are more likely to enncouter events ;)

@So gimme a list of your interesting events that could just happen if you walk down the road. This events are totally random and are player oriented. This means that the most bored players are more likely to enncouter events ;)

Yes spirit6, it's a really quite good idea to generate random events in option (especially in the Mission Wizard but on the fly as well:

Here are some few quick proposals coming through my mind at the moment:

- Short prisonner convoy previously announced with time and especially the location message arising to the player some minutes before arising (the prisonner(s) should be from the player faction)

- Some random explosions (like light artillery) arising in a random time and at a configurable range from the current player location (for improving the players immersion)

Note that this event shouldn't be to much process or memory consumming to save the good performance of the game and avoid slowing it down when arising.

Hi,

Quick question about MCC and its control over local units spawned in by Zeus...

When running a mission on a dedicated server and spawn units as Zeus, I understand that these are still local to the client who spawned them (as opposed to the server). As such, it seems that Gaia cannot provide orders to these units.

As a workaround, I have to join the newly-added groups to a server-based unit to change locality.

Can MCC help to transfer the locality of these units to the server, or can Gaia wrest control over these units in some way that I am overlooking?

Thanks!