shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

People seem to be able to access the MCC Sandbox even though its set to certain names.

Dirty Haz

Now when we talk about access to the mcc, may i ask why restrictions is based on names rather than on guid?

If i allow access to the name "goofi" will all players tha call themselves "goofi" have access?

I think I can convert it to 'guids' instead of 'names' but first the bug must be fixed.

Dirty Haz

People seem to be able to access the MCC Sandbox even though its set to certain names.

Dirty Haz

I'll check it out.

Dorph;2413556']Now when we talk about access to the mcc' date=' may i ask why restrictions is based on names rather than on guid?

If i allow access to the name "goofi" will all players tha call themselves "goofi" have access?[/quote']

Sounds good to me although a session when all the players called goofi sounds appealing to me. I need to check if you can get the player ID... i'll look into it.

I've already spent some time reorganizing the layout of tab1

Feedback is welcome

Looks good Ollem

I'll check it out.

Sounds good to me although a session when all the players called goofi sounds appealing to me. I need to check if you can get the player ID... i'll look into it.

You could try something like this:

if ((getPlayerUID _unit) in _namesList) then... blah, blah!!!

Make sure to also change the names in the "_namesList" array to guids.

Dirty Haz

Sounds good to me although a session when all the players called goofi sounds appealing to me.

Haha maybe i should set up my server for a goofi session.

goofy_003.jpg

It has probably already been discussed and resolved, but my small brain could not pull any information from the posts that I've read.

Is it possible to get the mission text generated from the MCC Sandbox 3 mod and then export it into a .pbo file for play in a singleplayer/multiplayer mission? :confused:

Sorry again for being a complete noobatron.

Edit: I used my 6 brain cells to piece together some info. Apparently i need to copy the text into a .txt file and add it to the mission. How would I go about that?

Edited by OMFGgrenade

Firstly, fantastic mod. Thank you for your efforts.

I have been following the tutorial for MCC and am stuck on the 3d editor for placing objects. I want to do a hostage mission however whenever I place an object in the 3d editor I get the following error:

'...;

Unitspawned setformdir _dir;

_dummy |#|secVehicleInit _init;

if (_name != "")t...

Error Missing ;

File mccsandbox_mod\mcc\popmenu\simple_spawn.sqf, Line 30

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Also I have an Issue which was present from the start. Using AiA I can only spawn arrowhead units. Arma 2 groups or units don't even show on the MCC Sandbox. Is there a fix for this?

It has probably already been discussed and resolved, but my small brain could not pull any information from the posts that I've read.

Is it possible to get the mission text generated from the MCC Sandbox 3 mod and then export it into a .pbo file for play in a singleplayer/multiplayer mission? :confused:

Sorry again for being a complete noobatron.

Edit: I used my 6 brain cells to piece together some info. Apparently i need to copy the text into a .txt file and add it to the mission. How would I go about that?

You can't export it into PBO onlt as text that you can load with MCC. Once you saved a text open the same map with MCC on and press the load button, paste the code there and press load.

Firstly, fantastic mod. Thank you for your efforts.

I have been following the tutorial for MCC and am stuck on the 3d editor for placing objects. I want to do a hostage mission however whenever I place an object in the 3d editor I get the following error:

'...;

Unitspawned setformdir _dir;

_dummy |#|secVehicleInit _init;

if (_name != "")t...

Error Missing ;

File mccsandbox_mod\mcc\popmenu\simple_spawn.sqf, Line 30

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Update to the latest version, apperantly Sickboy didn't found the time to update the files in Play with Six.

Also I have an Issue which was present from the start. Using AiA I can only spawn arrowhead units. Arma 2 groups or units don't even show on the MCC Sandbox. Is there a fix for this?

MCC read the config files. Can you see them in the 2D editor? sounds like they are not present.

Bug fixing here.

V0.7 rc8b is out, hope I didn't forgot any of your requests.

Mission version : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Mod version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Change log rc8b V0.7:

- Added notification for spawning UAV/AC-130/adding artillery and CAS.

- Added trigger capture for UAV/AC-130

- Added unit tracking with menu 4 is toggled on and off instead of 15 seconds interval.

- Fixed Access Rights module is now working again.

- Fixed Access Rigts depends on Player's UId nor names - logic should have something like this in it's init: this setvariable ["names",["76561198007956840","1","232421"],true];

- Fixed 3D editor can be closed with Tab key.

- Fixed got rid of the cfgWeapon error.

- Fixed 3Wp Evac button now shows the right description.

- Fixed when dying in 3D editor you no longer stuck in it.

- Fixed time for NV to start working in 3D editor is before 05:30 and after 18:30.

- Fixed try spawning something without defining a zone first will be aborted and hint the mission maker that he should create a zone first.

- Fixed trying to set a WP without creating a task first.

MCC read the config files. Can you see them in the 2D editor? sounds like they are not present.

Yes I can place them down in the 2D editor and I know from arma 2 that your mod does a wonderful job off adding unit addons by itself that's why I find this weird.

Edited by Denco

Hey Shay:

I have come across an issue:

I start the game, use the Box generator to place some MCC Consoles in the box.

I grab an MCC console then go into MCC Sandbox and add a c-130 and a UAV to the console.

Go back into MCC Console and use the C-130 and UAV just fine. Awesome in fact. very well done Shay.

Then someone else uses the MCC Console from the box I placed. Works fine.

I go back into the MCC Console and try to use the C-130 or UAV and all I get is a black screen.

Some of the other players noticed the same thing as well. I had them drop the MCC Console in their inventory and grab a new one from the box and it started working for them again. Or I could give them the MCC Console I had in my inventory and it would work for them.

I tried to replace mine by trading or getting a new one from the box but it would not work.

I noticed there is an new update to MCC so I'll be trying that tomight see if I get the same thing.

Just seemed very odd.

If there is anything you want me to try Shay let me know and I'll post up the results.

Stay tuned.

Thanks, I am grappling with the self start / install of mods... I tried this with the launch string: -mod=@CBA_A3;-mod=@mcc_sandbox

No joy.

Any chance of getting Play with Six updated for the modding Noobs? (me)

Cheers.

Yes I can place them down in the 2D editor and I know from arma 2 that your mod does a wonderful job off adding unit addons by itself that's why I find this weird.

Indeed I'll have to download AiA and see how the config is built there.

Hey Shay:

I have come across an issue:

I start the game, use the Box generator to place some MCC Consoles in the box.

I grab an MCC console then go into MCC Sandbox and add a c-130 and a UAV to the console.

Go back into MCC Console and use the C-130 and UAV just fine. Awesome in fact. very well done Shay.

Then someone else uses the MCC Console from the box I placed. Works fine.

I go back into the MCC Console and try to use the C-130 or UAV and all I get is a black screen.

Some of the other players noticed the same thing as well. I had them drop the MCC Console in their inventory and grab a new one from the box and it started working for them again. Or I could give them the MCC Console I had in my inventory and it would work for them.

I tried to replace mine by trading or getting a new one from the box but it would not work.

I noticed there is an new update to MCC so I'll be trying that tomight see if I get the same thing.

Just seemed very odd.

If there is anything you want me to try Shay let me know and I'll post up the results.

Stay tuned.

I'll check it out. So far the Console don't have any protection against multiple uses by different players but it ment to be used by one player.

Thanks, I am grappling with the self start / install of mods... I tried this with the launch string: -mod=@CBA_A3;-mod=@mcc_sandbox

No joy.

Any chance of getting Play with Six updated for the modding Noobs? (me)

Cheers.

Put this in the command line:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox

Thanks got that sorted and managed to build a mission and the 3d editor is working which is awesome. However when I try to load it up fresh as a new mission from the txt cut and past it will not come up.

I get a black screen stating "Loading Mission"

Above this it states:

'... script_handler - [0] execVM

'#|\mcc_sanboxmod\mcc\general_scripts\mcc...'

Errror Missing ;

And then a pop up that states:

Script

mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\general_scripts

\time.sqf not found

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Also, is there a base COOP mission file with a revive script available for this?

it would be great if there was a pre made template to work from.

I tried building one with BTC revive and it kinda works but I am pushing the proverbial up hill..

hy shay thank u for this new version

could u help me : my problem is with evacuation chopper when i try to set a route with way point i've got that message "vehicle must be local" what does it mean ?:butbut:

thank u

The text cut and paste appears to be working today. So all is as it should be.

Thanks for the fantastic Mod!

One query, is there a place for sharing MCC made missions. Would be great to access a resource / place to share missions.

Ammo crate loadouts / Fortifications / etc.

Cheers.

hy shay thank u for this new version

could u help me : my problem is with evacuation chopper when i try to set a route with way point i've got that message "vehicle must be local" what does it mean ?:butbut:

thank u

Is the server runing MCC too? Any action done by MCC is done on the server. Please provide info on what you are doing to get this message.

The text cut and paste appears to be working today. So all is as it should be.

Thanks for the fantastic Mod!

One query, is there a place for sharing MCC made missions. Would be great to access a resource / place to share missions.

Ammo crate loadouts / Fortifications / etc.

Cheers.

I still would like you to send me the saved code that gave you that error. It might be still some broken parts there.

Regard mission sharing post, you welcome to open a thread for that and post missions there.

Is the server runing MCC too? Any action done by MCC is done on the server. Please provide info on what you are doing to get this message.

I still would like you to send me the saved code that gave you that error. It might be still some broken parts there.

Regard mission sharing post, you welcome to open a thread for that and post missions there.

Here it is;

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gb8cb92553d7f90789993102428047f3135ff3dc62

hi Shay

i'm just in the editor when it happen, just in the editor , any idea ?

thx

In the 2D editor?! I lost you mate, explaing the whole process please.

BTW thanks Dogdoor.