shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

hello,

the sandbox tool is somehow overwriting the global fog setting once it syncronized, and you cant seem to readjust it ingame properly.

is there any workaround to make it stop overwriting the fog value or to fix the fog adjustment of the tool itself?

hello,

the sandbox tool is somehow overwriting the global fog setting once it syncronized, and you cant seem to readjust it ingame properly.

is there any workaround to make it stop overwriting the fog value or to fix the fog adjustment of the tool itself?

Thank you!

Hey there,

Would it be possible to implement some functions to create spawn zones where AI units can get generated randomly?

Like in Insurgency Missions, I would love being able to set up zones in wich enemies will automatically spawn and respawn so our team can just roam around the island and fight off the bad guys.

Some kind of an Auto-Spawner, where you can modify how many AIs will spawn, in what time period they will be respawned and such.

It would make it easy to just set up some locations where the guys just need to get an object or something, while the whole island will be hostile. Setting up all enemy groups by myself still takes some time and they won't respawn automatically.

Since I prepare the missions with your saving function I try to keep the waiting time for the guys as short as possible. But it would be awesome if I could just put them into the action like that. And your AC 130 and Stuff would have a good use for a whole island to guide our guys through.

Thanks in advance for the answer, by the way we tested the UAV Console by now and its just amazing. the AC had reminded some of our guys of Call of Duty, where you had to use it just like that. Looks awesome, is real fun to use, and the units on ground feel a lot safer knowing about the "Spooky" Air support :)

I think that the fog issue that some of us are experiencing is because we are using the stable build which does not have the new fog rendering of dev build.

Hello guys,

R6 is out you can download it here (or wait a week or two until VTS team will release something very very similar by "coincidence" )

Hello

VTS was made by Grimm alias Elgarion (first bisforum thread Sep 8 2007, 10:39)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?62317-Virtual-Training-Space-by-CTR-Grimm

(My first bisforum thread about VTS Aug 16 2009, 14:21)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?83997-VTS3-Live-Multiplayer-coop-mission-editor

I don't know when MCC start ?

I play with L'etranger every week on VTS and I can tell you that he did not steal your ideas.

the too projects are missions sandbox so it's normal that sometime new feature are same.

I have never played MCC because we use VTS and at this time L'etranger add every needed features.(so for me why take an other tool ?)

Perhaps MCC is better, perhaps MCC take some idea who born in my mind.

I don't know and since I start to work on VTS I have never said that MCC take my ideas (I don't know when but my first VTS video was on arma 1

(may 2009)).

Like said Kibot, the first goal to VTS is to improve gaming experience of our team (really egoist).

After that we publish our work for the arma community just because we think that some other team can enjoy with it (I know that some chines play with it ;) --> it's cool no ?).

There is nothing to win, it is just free, it's not like the war between Coca cola and Pepsi. So if peoples like to play VTS they play VTS, if they like MCC they play MCC.

L etranger take the lead of the development since a long time now.

And I'm really happy for that.

He made an incredible work (far much better than i could made --> No time (three children and big work))

For now my work is just to play VTS with him.

Bug-report, propose (just propose) some new features, and made little videos...

With our team we like to play arma coop missions but for one good mission found, how many poor missions tested (bug, balance the AI power...), and how many boring time spend...

Mission making is great but it's to long to create goods missions (just to play on it one time), and it's difficult to balance the AI power.

So VTS is our solution to spend good time every time we start Arma with a minimum investment.

Perhaps MCC is a solution too. and for me it's not a problem.

And don't forget, There is nothing to win, it is just free, it's not like the war between Coca cola and Pepsi ;) !

There is a long time a guy create the weel after that an other guy create a car and an other create a motorcycle. --> there is no problem for me (ideas are made to be improved ;) )

Edited by gonza

the way i understood it is that shay_gman is referring to certain features that get added to VTS right after he added them to MCC. and the fact that all these people affiliated with VTS come here to defend themselves only shows that they are watching his work closely.:p

i don't think he is saying anyone is stealing code. it sounds more like he feels like they look at him too closely for ideas.

so i kind of get his frustration a bit if i understood the situation correctly.

i'm not saying anyone did anything wrong. just trying to understand where shay_gman is coming from :)

on the other hand: "Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery."

and i also think that competition is a good thing since it will push all parties to improve on their work more. as long as people keep it respectful and don't overdo it of course.

So Arma3 comes out with PiP stuff, shay_gman puts it in (using Tajin's helmet script), and then 'it just so happens' that L'Etranger finds the same PiP that Arma3 has and puts it in? WOAH coincidence ... must be totally copying his idea! Oh wait, it's BIS fault for releasing PiP !

MCC and VTS do things in different ways but ultimately they do the same thing. A mission controller/gamemaster helps to create a mission out of thin air.

As the mods have said, show evidence or STFU.

Now I'm gonna STFU unless someone else decides to open their mouths.

Guys stop this pointless debate.

I have much respect for VTS and their develop team I didn't want that my sarcastic comment went into a flame war.

It doesn't really matter for if someone is using my code or ideas. My code as always and as stated before is by the players to the players and I never stopped anyone using it.

I just got a bit frustrated about the fact that in time this two tools become very similar to one tool, but again I understand that same requests get more or less same answers.

You can start investigating what feature shown where and when first, but in the end there is no point, none of us making a profit out of it .

so just enjoy the game, have fun and don't forget to credit each other.

Again my respect to Gonza, L atenger and the rest of VTS team.

As the mods have said, show evidence or STFU.

oh wow. why so aggressive? maybe you should calm down a bit. i clearly was saying that i wasn't accusing anyone. i use neither of these addons so i wouldn't know about specific features. i was just trying to understand shay_gman's point of view...as i stated:rolleyes:

the way i understood it is that shay_gman is referring to certain features that get added to VTS right after he added them to MCC. and the fact that all these people affiliated with VTS come here to defend themselves only shows that they are watching his work closely.:p

I don't agree with that, Sometime I type VTS in the search of the forum.

For this time, I come to this thread because someone said that VTS was discredited, that's all !

I don't watching this thread closely !!! Think what you want but I know that is true.

I'm agree with Kremator shame on Bis devs who made excellent stuff that we want to add in our tool.

for the PIP, l'etranger add it before the beta 01 of VTS we use it in a VTS test night.

Before that, when I told him to add it, I remember that he said that it s already in (so L'etranger steal My idea ? or I steal his idea ?) we just have the same idea --> strange no ?

I'm 40 years old and I don't want to loose much energy to tell what I do or not.

Edited by gonza

oh geez. i was actual trying to diffuse the situation by creating some understanding but it seems i ignited it even more. sorry about that. i just suck at the internet:(. of course i don't know who is watching whom. how would i. i thought my ":p" smiley would imply, that i'm aware of that myself.

let's please all calm down. i'm not in the position to speak for anyone i was just trying to see where shay is coming from.

I don't want to loose much energy

exactly. we should use that energy for cases where people are actually stealing stuff which sadly happens.

Seems like you now need to step away Bad Benson. Unless you are speaking from an informed position then you won't have a lot to add and it probably will ignite things - you even said you don't even use MCC or VTS !

So if we can now let these guru coders get on with their work it would be in everyone's interest.

unless you get moderator status you might wanna stop telling me what to do. you already overdid it when you told me to "STFU". i think i already made clear where i was coming from and i never accused anyone of anything illegal. so you might wanna dial back yourself a little bit. just saying...:)

When will moderators act on all this. Gentlemen this is a thread for MCC Sandbox not a discussion thread please stop.

I think that the fog issue that some of us are experiencing is because we are using the stable build which does not have the new fog rendering of dev build.

but it does work on neither of the builds, its just this strange behaviour of the fog and overcast controlls.

It would be nice to use the features but if i cant for now, id like to just disable them for until they are fixed if that was possible.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

looks like the setfog command is bugged, you cannt seem to adjust the fog through the full range, if you setfog 1.0 it is maybe 1/3rd of the fog you get when you set the fog to 100 in the editor...

the MCC probably works with this command therefore it cannot adjust the fog correctly, or how does this work?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFog

edit: the setfog seems to run properly on dev build but not on stable, setovercast seems to be completely broke and there is also a feedbacktracker for it

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

but it does work on neither of the builds, its just this strange behaviour of the fog and overcast controlls.

It would be nice to use the features but if i cant for now, id like to just disable them for until they are fixed if that was possible.

looks like the setfog command is bugged, you cannt seem to adjust the fog through the full range, if you setfog 1.0 it is maybe 1/3rd of the fog you get when you set the fog to 100 in the editor...

edit: the setfog seems to run properly on dev build but not on stable, setovercast seems to be completely broke and there is also a feedbacktracker for it

Please remember A3 is still in Alpha state.

In recent dev build a new fog sytem has tbeen introduced:

And it looks great!

Is there a way to add a "teleport other players" feature? Often we are making missions or playing in a private coop match and I'd like to teleport my squad mates without them having to install MCC Sandbox and logging in.

@ollem, it has nothing to do with it and i am aware of the new fog system, in fact i am working on some effect config based on it right now and that is exactly the reason i want a workaround for MCC because id like to use it while testing stuff and have better workflow etc but its overcast and fog controlls doesnt function properly, so id asked if its possible to turn them off...

shay_gman, please answer!

To teleport a player you must run a script on their PC (due to locality requirements of the setPos command). While this is possible without them running the mod, it's probably simply not worth the effort. Teleport is not the only thing that would break if other players aren't running MCC anyway, so might as well make sure everyone run the same mods.

I have a problem using this mod and AiA, I was trying to spawn an USMC and a Russian vehicle but the faction list doesn't contain them. It contains other factions from A2:CO such as US, Takistani Army or Russia(Civ), but I couldn't find the USMC or the Russian Army faction.

@ollem, it has nothing to do with it and i am aware of the new fog system, in fact i am working on some effect config based on it right now and that is exactly the reason i want a workaround for MCC because id like to use it while testing stuff and have better workflow etc but its overcast and fog controlls doesnt function properly, so id asked if its possible to turn them off...

shay_gman, please answer!

After some testings here is what i've found:

1. If the overcast level in the mission is set to 0. Start the mission type "hint format ["%1",overcast] returnes 0

2. If the fog level in the mission is set to 0. Start the mission type "hint format ["%1",fog] returnes 0.08 after setting the fog to none via MCC I get 0 fog.

3. I did noticed that short view distance creates a fog like effect.

I worked with a bit and it is working better now, wait for next release and tell me what you think. basiclly MCC isn't changing the weather effects if it didn't asked to. It just check the weather on the server and broadcast it to all clients once a JIP get in so we all have the same weather effects.

you have to use this one. http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/setFog

the old one isn't enough to control the fog properly obviously since it has only one value. i'm pretty sure shay_gman will add sliders for that if he didn't do so yet:)

So far the new fog level isn't implemented in the stady version only in the dev version. When it will be released to stady version it will get some TLC with MCC.

you have to use this one. http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/setFog

the old one isn't enough to control the fog properly obviously since it has only one value. i'm pretty sure shay_gman will add sliders for that if he didn't do so yet:)

thank you that was really helpfull!!!

@shay_gman: nevermind ill wait for th enext release, im using the dev build atm anyway

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

To teleport a player you must run a script on their PC (due to locality requirements of the setPos command). While this is possible without them running the mod, it's probably simply not worth the effort. Teleport is not the only thing that would break if other players aren't running MCC anyway, so might as well make sure everyone run the same mods.

Thanks for the information.