shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi Shay, how are you?

I have some suggestions:

1. Can you add the ability to spawn groups created via the groups generator on selected zones?

2. Can you add a "preview", for units and groups (just to see how large the gorup is or what weapons they use)?

3. Can you add an ability to manage the AI spawned? (delete specific AI groups )

4. Can you add more UPSMON conditions such as spawn only on roofs?

5. permissions- set by the mission maker. Allow specific players on the server to access the console, and manage the freedom they have. For example- the mission maker can use all the functions, and he can assign some players (like team leaders) to have the ability to use CAS and EVAC (those guys wont be able to create zones and do anything else). If that's no good, simply giving access "on the fly" would be great, so random players wont be able to ruin the mission.

6. Can you add a "this guy wants to log into the mcc console , but you are logged in- do you agree"? messege

7. Can you add the ability to hide/show the zone markers? right now the mission maker's map is full of zones, and that can make looking at the map abit hard.

8. Can you add the ability to create different start locations for each team? (pilot starts at X, infantry starts at Y)

9. I think start location and respawn location should be unlinked

Just thought of another thing I would really like to see. The ability to spawn in an AI group and add them to a player group. Or I suppose a more advanced thing, some mechanism to move any unit or group to any group (either player or AI). I can see that as part of Menu 4 (in the old Arma2 version) in Units/Groups management.

I will look into this.

salvation,

Thank you for wearing the MCC in Arma 3, but I have a little problem with the version mission.

modules are not visible.

think you put the mission day is that I must make a special handling?

Mate is that google translate? I can't really understand what you are asking here.

Yeah, i noticed that when a group is walking around they likely get stuck close to fences or saftey barriers, most likely if the first guy tries to crawl under, as soon as he gets back up onto his knees, he starts whipping his gun up and down as if he wants to "T-bag" someone. When he gets shot, the next one in the line just copies that behavior.

And I noticed a little problem with the zones, I read that units spawned inside a zone, aggressive behavior for example should switch to the new zone location if its moved, but atleast for me it doesn't seem to work. Maybe that sticks with the problem that the guys hang themselves up on some fences or barriers. I tried to overwatch them in immunity mode while changing the zone location. But those guys didn't seem to care.

maybe I got the mechanics wrong?

Even though the mcc is quite powerful, I've done a lot of little missions I can just chain together as needed to create an ongoing bigger mission. And if something is missing, I can just add it ingame. Couldn't imagine playing coop missions without it anymore :)

Even tried a similar mod, but I like this one just better due to the easy and comfortable Interface as well as the wide variety of supported functions.

Cheers, Porky243

Yes, I fixed the UPSMON sctipy that wait for next release. AI will use vehicles and helicopters to get to the next WP or if the set on aggresive they will reinforce any friendly unit within 1.5 KM radious. I disabled the parachute for now the AI will land the heli and approach on foot.

Hi Shay, how are you?

I have some suggestions:

1. Can you add the ability to spawn groups created via the groups generator on selected zones?

2. Can you add a "preview", for units and groups (just to see how large the gorup is or what weapons they use)?

3. Can you add an ability to manage the AI spawned? (delete specific AI groups )

4. Can you add more UPSMON conditions such as spawn only on roofs?

5. permissions- set by the mission maker. Allow specific players on the server to access the console, and manage the freedom they have. For example- the mission maker can use all the functions, and he can assign some players (like team leaders) to have the ability to use CAS and EVAC (those guys wont be able to create zones and do anything else). If that's no good, simply giving access "on the fly" would be great, so random players wont be able to ruin the mission.

6. Can you add a "this guy wants to log into the mcc console , but you are logged in- do you agree"? messege

7. Can you add the ability to hide/show the zone markers? right now the mission maker's map is full of zones, and that can make looking at the map abit hard.

8. Can you add the ability to create different start locations for each team? (pilot starts at X, infantry starts at Y)

9. I think start location and respawn location should be unlinked

Hello Golde,

1. ATM no, group gen is for micro managment. I'll look into it later on.

2. I don't find preview useful. Mission maker should know that fire team consist 4 guys and AT team consist an AT. It's takes practice - too much effort on my side. Just spawn the groups and learn them.

3. I'll add the delete function to UM.

4. Not ATM, all the vitals are there, i'll add the garission script later for easy inside building thing but I don't like AI spawned on places players can't reach. Just use fortify and the will get inside buildings and roofs if they are accessable, if you want them on specific roof use 3D.

5. You can limit access with Acess Module (by name, role or admin only). For player there is the MCC Console. It will be out in next release for now check this out:

6. You allready getting a messeage says: "this guy trying to acess MCC" if you want to let him in just log out.

7. I switched the nonactive zones to gray color in the next release, so it will be less disturbing to the eyes.

8. Read about Start location Module. It's something to do on the 2d editor I don't want it as part as MCC live things. MCC is a framework, it shuld be usefull for all if you want specific units not to be teleported link them to Sart location module.

9. Again, I don't want to handle respawn and start location too much. Some guys play without respawn some with - if you are using MCC as a mod you can't handle respawns if you are using it as a mission just edit the mission as you see fit.

To conclude - there is a thin line between making a specific product to a global product. I'm trying to make something global, things like respawns, gear, groups selection and things like that should be handle by the mission maker not in MCC (there are tons of scripts regardin it). When you have an idea think for yourself:

1. Will it benefit me or others playing like me?

2. Will it harm or upset others that doesn't play like me?

If you answered yes for the first and no for the second - post it here.

ok,sorry for use google translation :(.

In mission version of MCC,i can't see the module(acces,sf etc...),and i want to know if it's normal or if it's a know problem.

Do you think update mission version?

sorry for my english......:(

ok,sorry for use google translation :(.

In mission version of MCC,i can't see the module(acces,sf etc...),and i want to know if it's normal or if it's a know problem.

Do you think update mission version?

sorry for my english......:(

Modules do not support in the mission version only in the mod version.

Love this mod since arma 2 but there is something that is preventing me to properly enjoy it. Why does this mod changes fog level on its own? I mean unless I have overcast set to 0 in the editor there will always be fog present. Badder the weather more of it is present.

Even when I start with bad weather and set the fog level in the MCC console to 1 it decreases and than it increase back in. What I'm asking you good sir is there a way to disable fog so it won't intervene with the weather on its own.

Just a question, I can run MCC in single player and editor mode, but while in multiplayer I cant run it..

Edit: Fixed it

Hello guys,

R6 is out you can download it here (or wait a week or two until VTS team will release something very very similar by "coincidence" :mad:)

mod version

Mission version

New and exciting Console with AC-130 and UAV.

The video is not updated the handling ismuch smoother now.

IDF Psycho - for making the graphics: sights, console, logo exc.

kylania - guide missile script.

Change log r6:

- Added live feed PiP to UM

- Added radio chatter to WP setting

- Added MCC Console item and dialog

- Added Evac and CAS to MCC Console

- Added UAV control to MCC Console

- Added AC-130 to MCC Console

- Added Delete option in unit managment - menu 4 - Can delete units or group

- Added Join option in unit managment - menu 4 - Can join AI or player units to each others

- Added new artillery: Cluster 120mm, Cluster AP,Mines 120mm,HE 82mm, Incendiary 82mm,Smoke White 120mm,Smoke White 82mm

- Fixed UPSMON AI: static AI artillery placed using the 3D editor with the "AI Artillery" preset will engage any known targets to the AI.

- Fixed UPSMON AI: AI will look for vehicles or helicopters if they have to move more then 600 meters.

AI will no longer try to parachute from helicopters while called to reinfroce instead it will land and engage on foot.

- Fixed UM marker was visable to all

- Fixed focused zone was in gray color instead of yellow and vice versa

- Fixed set fog was creating fog on mission start

- Fixed sometimes vehicles in 3D editor exploded or got damaged.

Edited by shay_gman

That has to be the best thing I've seen yet!

Is there a possibility of the UAV drone being made into an addon by itself with the use of a console? That would be soooo handy for situational awareness.

Perfect ... thanks again, NO better :yay:

Hello guys,

R6 is out you can download it here (or wait a week or two until VTS team will release something very very similar by "coincidence" :mad:)

Gotta love Reverse Engineering.. Thanks for your hard work HOMES

VTS has to be added to any mission that wants to utalize it. Your work is different and unique! dont dare compare! MCC can be utalized on any map in any missions with out scripting it in..

Edited by Lordprimate

Great looking mod! I am a knuckle head! I found my dumb error.

Thanks for the awsome mod!

Edited by AgentDub
I'm Dumb

(or wait a week or two until VTS team will release something very very similar by "coincidence" :mad:)

and now you just lost my respect.

Is he stealing your code ... no.

Is he using the tools that BIS have given us in the alpha ... yes.

Have you the exclusivity on some features ... no.

OMG he's coding in sqf ... HAX.

Pathetic mate. Go mad all you like.

Great great stuff. I assume when there are real UAV and other assets in game you will use those. Or at least I am assuming you are simulating them. If so that is great for now but not fair if they can't be shot down. I have had many UAVs shot down in A2.

Also, thanks for incorporating my request.

Awesome mod! This really does allow for amazing fun.

One thing I noticed in latest version though was that when using the MCC Console and controlling a UAV Predator or AC-130, it seemed like I wasn't always getting the weapon explosion effects. I finally discovered what was causing this. It's related to the setting for Overall and Object view Distances. It would seem that even though the MCC Console is showing events that could be occurring across the island, certain details like explosions are only rendered within the games Maximum Draw Distance which is centered on the player, not the MCC Console object viewed. So, in my case, my draw distance was set to 3000 meters so when I fired weapons on the AC-130, I often (when the AC-130 was across the island engaging targets far away) did not see any explosion or particle effects. Vehicles would just switch to their "dead" model and buildings would not collapse but immediately change to their destroyed state. However, when I used the AC-130 relatively close to my player, i did get these effects. On a hunch I went into video options and raised my draw distance to maximum and then I was able to see the missing explosions and effects when the AC-130 spawned further away, although my framerate dropped to single digits. I am not sure it's possible, but it would be great if when controlling UAV's and the AC-130, that the view distance could take this into consideration. Might be hard as I imagine you are using a variant of the new PiP feature to display the MCC Console actvity onscreen but since the background for the player is still rendered behind the console its still basing draw distance on that point, regardless of whats being show (far off on other side of island) on the MCC Console panel.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for all your hard work!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

and now you just lost my respect.

Is he stealing your code ... no.

Is he using the tools that BIS have given us in the alpha ... yes.

Have you the exclusivity on some features ... no.

OMG he's coding in sqf ... HAX.

Pathetic mate. Go mad all you like.

Check your facts before posting: VTS is a great tool and Gonza is a waylander in making real live editor. I have all the respect for him and his work. It's just sadden me to see that since he left the project VTS become more and more like MCC. Every new feature I release find it's way into VTS. I'm not saying he is stealing my code but hell yeah he is stealing my ideas. The start locations where always on MCC since Vking, Spirit and Sickboy did it, they have introduced to VTS lately, the 3D editor of VTS was something diffrent using the keyboard keys as I remember and now it's looks and feel just like MCC with even the hint thing on most likely they will add the inside dialog for changing units, the evac was there since two years ago that has been added to VTS last release, the use of UPSMON that was always was there in MCC added to VTS not long ago... do I really need to go further?

Great great stuff. I assume when there are real UAV and other assets in game you will use those. Or at least I am assuming you are simulating them. If so that is great for now but not fair if they can't be shot down. I have had many UAVs shot down in A2.

Also, thanks for incorporating my request.

NP mate, good idea will always find there way in here.

Yes once there will be real aircraft they will be simulated into the cosonle. I know it's a bit OP atm .

Awesome mod! This really does allow for amazing fun.

One thing I noticed in latest version though was that when using the MCC Console and controlling a UAV Predator or AC-130, it seemed like I wasn't always getting the weapon explosion effects. I finally discovered what was causing this. It's related to the setting for Overall and Object view Distances. It would seem that even though the MCC Console is showing events that could be occurring across the island, certain details like explosions are only rendered within the games Maximum Draw Distance which is centered on the player, not the MCC Console object viewed. So, in my case, my draw distance was set to 3000 meters so when I fired weapons on the AC-130, I often (when the AC-130 was across the island engaging targets far away) did not see any explosion or particle effects. Vehicles would just switch to their "dead" model and buildings would not collapse but immediately change to their destroyed state. However, when I used the AC-130 relatively close to my player, i did get these effects. On a hunch I went into video options and raised my draw distance to maximum and then I was able to see the missing explosions and effects when the AC-130 spawned further away, although my framerate dropped to single digits. I am not sure it's possible, but it would be great if when controlling UAV's and the AC-130, that the view distance could take this into consideration. Might be hard as I imagine you are using a variant of the new PiP feature to display the MCC Console actvity onscreen but since the background for the player is still rendered behind the console its still basing draw distance on that point, regardless of whats being show (far off on other side of island) on the MCC Console panel.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for all your hard work!

Madmatt

I aware of that. This is the way the engine work in order to save CPU. If the player is too far away some things will not be simulated, and the AI will walk through buildings and objects. I guess it's logical - if a tree fall in the forest and no one hears it does it make a sound.

Edited by shay_gman

HELLPPPPP!!!!!!

nothingis spawning i cant even get the mcc control i did it the exact way you did in the video and nothings happening no vhicles nogroups nothing! please help :)

HELLPPPPP!!!!!!

nothingis spawning i cant even get the mcc control i did it the exact way you did in the video and nothings happening no vhicles nogroups nothing! please help :)

Mission or mod version? did you pressed the login button first?

Hello guys,

New and exciting Console with AC-130 and UAV.

The video is not updated the handling ismuch smoother now.

IDF Psycho - for making the graphics: sights, console, logo exc.

kylania - guide missile script.

Change log r6:

- Added live feed PiP to UM

- Added radio chatter to WP setting

- Added MCC Console item and dialog

- Added Evac and CAS to MCC Console

- Added UAV control to MCC Console

- Added AC-130 to MCC Console

- Added Delete option in unit managment - menu 4 - Can delete units or group

- Added Join option in unit managment - menu 4 - Can join AI or player units to each others

- Added new artillery: Cluster 120mm, Cluster AP,Mines 120mm,HE 82mm, Incendiary 82mm,Smoke White 120mm,Smoke White 82mm

- Fixed UPSMON AI: static AI artillery placed using the 3D editor with the "AI Artillery" preset will engage any known targets to the AI.

- Fixed UPSMON AI: AI will look for vehicles or helicopters if they have to move more then 600 meters.

AI will no longer try to parachute from helicopters while called to reinfroce instead it will land and engage on foot.

- Fixed UM marker was visable to all

- Fixed focused zone was in gray color instead of yellow and vice versa

- Fixed set fog was creating fog on mission start

- Fixed sometimes vehicles in 3D editor exploded or got damaged.

Again, thank you very much !

I didn't try it out yet as I just read about your new release just now.

But I can say that I am totally overexcited.

The feature with the controllable UAV Drone you implemented was just like the idea I told you about from a friend of mine, and I'm sure he will be amazed.

We will try out the new version asap.

Thanks again for the stuff you create and for picking our ideas :)

And don't worry about VTS Team, I already tried another version of the VTS and compared to the MCC it looks shit (atleast my opinion!)

I will for sure stick to the mcc, knowing it will evolve quickly once Arma 3 Full has released

I noticed that last release isn't correctly binarized and because of that the signatures are wrong, at least aren't working for me and i can't sing it without modifying the pbo, hope you can fix it :)

Edited by columdrum

I noticed that last release isn't correctly binarized and because of that the signatures are wrong, at least aren't working for me and i can't sing it without modifying the pbo, hope you can fix it :)

Confirm this - im trying to sign it myself, but unable. (how do you modify it an sign it - just depbo and pbo it again ?)

Hello guys,

Do you want to tell us that L etranger is using your work without permission? Or you just trying to bash him for developing something similar?

If the latter then let me tell you that we don't tolerate this here. If you can provide a proof that he is using your work in his VTS then you pass this to us so we can investigate it. If you have no proof for your accusations, then you better don't post such things here.

Hello guys,

If I'm correct, you are indirectly accusing Letranger of "stealing" your ideas or work.

I don't post here often, but as a main tester for the VTS, I can assure you the features/tweaks/bug fixes Letranger is adding to the VTS are coming from:

-Demands from me

-Demands from the community Letranger and I are playing in

-Interactions with people on the BIS forum

-Ideas from Letranger

I can tell you that Letranger is not stealing "your" ideas. It's up to you to trust me or not, all I can do is give you my word.

Even if we have never tested it, I'm sure the MCC Sandbox is a great tool/mod/mission/whatever that add value to ArmA and our gaming experience, and I don't think there is a reason for getting upset about someone working on something similar, especially if it's to add well made features and make the game more enjoyable. But that's just my opinion.

@W0lle feel free to investigate. I never talked about code just ideas.

@all:

When someone is working on something for community he is doing it at he's free time, time he could have spend with his wife, kids or friends. It dosen't matter if he is working on a mission, mod or total conversion. He is doing it for free and on expence on other things he could have done.

To put it simple he is working for free so others can enjoy his work.

I think the base for a community is thanking and crediting each other even if that is only taking his ideas, ideas are greater then coding it, you can code something in 10 diffrents ways once you have and udea.

For the guys that asking for new feature shown somewhere else: it is important to point it to the moderator you are asking it from.

In my work I've learned alot from others and I try to remembet evey code and script I saw and thanking and crediting the guys who did that.

As I wrote on my first post: I'm standing on the shoulders if giants.

I don't mind somebody else taking my ideas nor code, it ment to be given. But it would be nice to get a thank you.After all, all the guys here except the guys with the 'developers' tag beneith their names are working and answering your question for free.

It might be all coincedence, some guys that asks for the same things or even great minds think the same. I don't really care I have alot of respect for Gonza as I stated it earlier he is a waylander in RT editors.

Of course the community welcomes when authors spend their time making something for us all to enjoy. However, you do not have the monopoly on ideas I'm afraid, and you most certainly stepped over a line when you implied theft.

If you want to protect your ideas then take out a patent. If a separate author releases a script to be used by the community and two people use it, one of them cannot cry foul, and stop the other from using it.

Please stop being too precious with your baby. It looks like there are two babies in the pram, and they will both grow up to be different things, even though their journey might be similar.

Me, I'm just glad of the family :)