shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

The new version with fixs for the new update and some new cool features (town generation maybe) will be here soon...

I am sure that modders will update them once Arma 3 is finally released.

Are fixes for the Time of Day stuff going to be included? :D. They happen whenever the mission maker changes the ToD, it kicks it around and doesn't ever stop where the mission-maker wants it to. It also does the same thing when a player joins the server.

Another issue I've found is that if the mission maker times out he still remains as the mission maker, ala no-one else can login to the console.

Hello,

@Tark the time of day move the time forward and then backward by 1 hour to let the BIS weather system kick in. Every time a new player join in it gets the weather and time of the server and set the same weather to each player. This is why you'll see a weather and time change every time a player join in but after a few seconds the time is set to the original time and weather on the server. If this is not the case at your end let me know.

Regarding mission maker timeout – yes MCC doesn't kick mission makers hoping that he will get back. I'll think about adding a statement to kick idle mission maker after a period of time.

The new version of MCC is ready and will be released tonight or tomorrow just need to make some documentation about the new features.

Cheers,

Shay

The new version of MCC is ready and will be released tonight or tomorrow just need to make some documentation about the new features.

And the skies did open and the angels did sing.

Shay you have made a mod so good that there are some people that cannot play without it.

Hello,

@Tark the time of day move the time forward and then backward by 1 hour to let the BIS weather system kick in. Every time a new player join in it gets the weather and time of the server and set the same weather to each player. This is why you'll see a weather and time change every time a player join in but after a few seconds the time is set to the original time and weather on the server. If this is not the case at your end let me know.

Regarding mission maker timeout – yes MCC doesn't kick mission makers hoping that he will get back. I'll think about adding a statement to kick idle mission maker after a period of time.

Cheers,

Shay

Sorry for my question, actually, i don't have tried your great mission, you use a trigger in respawn area with skiptime ? or other ? and have you planned to put random weather and fog ?

I want to use the easy solution to have in exemple, a full cycle day night in 3h and if possible random weather (with include fog).

Edited by GranolaBar

Can´t wait! :-)

Thanks for all the effort you guys put into this mod. Makes the game so much more enjoyable. Looking forward to the new version. :cool:

Time for an update :yay:

R9 is here:

Download link MOD version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Downolad link Mission version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

jkx2.jpgohnq.jpg

Change log r9 - Beta:

- Added: Role selections and players levels progression (Saved on the hosted server even when the mission is done).

- Added: Gear and uniforms selection is defined by the player on each role. (admins can set players levels)

- Added: Select spawn location - Base, FOB - FOB spawn location can be destroyed by a satchel charge only.

- Added: Players gain exp and levels by in game rating. They can use the exp to get new gear and uniforms.

- Added: If role selection is turned on, only pilots can drive or use helicopters/jets and only crewman can operate APC or heavy vehicles.

- Added: If role selection is turned on players must be in a group in order to get in the game.

- Added: In role selection player can pick kits limited by the size of the squad and the ammount of available kits.

- Added: FOB spawn points can only be destroyed by C4 or Demo charges.

- Added: Safe zone on start locations.

- Added: spectator button for Mission maker.

- Added: IED handle damage, you can detonate IED with satchels or demo charges if you don't want risking disarming it.

- Added: HALO and Parachute jump for players and AI.

- Added: AI that have to move more then 700 meters will use empty helicopters. The pilot will drop the troops and go back to it's start location - UPSMON.

- Added: Triggers Conditions and Timeout for triggers.

- Added: 3D Editor preset: Destroyable by satchels only. Place an object that can only be destroyed by satchel or demo charge.

- Fixed: Tasks status doesn't broadcast to all clients.

- Fixed: Task create can't be captured using trigger.

- Fixed: Unavailable picture while adding artillery rounds to console

- Fixed: MCC sync weather and time only for the new JIP and not to all players on the server.

- Fixed: "undifined variable" errors on development build

- Fixed: Group generator's markers don't refresh.

- Fixed: When trying to spawn something on undifined zone an error message pop

- Fixed: Evac vehicles got stuck on WP.

- Fixed: Disabled attemps for multiple connections to the MCC console

- Fixed: MCC console PiP resolution improved

- Fixed: Tweaked suicide bombers to keep on chasing players and not lying down.

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS: mission and mod combined in one 7z archive

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Anyone else having trouble issuing waypoints via the Group Generator in the mod version? The AI don't seem to respond to any waypoints I try to set down. Just wondering if it's something with the new version or something on my end.

Edited by FrostOX9

Anyone else having trouble issuing waypoints via the Group Generator in the mod version? The AI don't seem to respond to any waypoints I try to set down. Just wondering if it's something with the new version or something on my end.

I came here to post this and saw it already posted.

I can't give group waypoints via the group generator anymore. I can't even move their zone to have them move. Nothing I can do once a group is spawned will make them move to a new area :(

Is there a workaround for this?

Also, shay, who did your YouTube video intro? It looks amazing!

@MacScottie, Frost0X9: Just to make sure you are using it in MP (local/internet host or dedicated server) right?

The intro was made by IDF-Psycho he is a talented guy

@MacScottie, Frost0X9: Just to make sure you are using it in MP (local/internet host or dedicated server) right?

Looks like running it on a MP mission solves the issue. Thanks Shay! :)

Will there be a SP version later on?

Also thank you for separating Weather from time :)

You can play alone in MP (create your own server and lock it or open it on LAN only), so SP is not really needed.

Regarding SP, converting MCC to SP is a lot of work.

MCC uses the new netID and getObjectFromNetID commands to ensure a solid MP behavior.

In SP netID returns empty string, I should add a lot of "if" commands to all the server client dialogs inorder to replace the netID with the original object.

I might find the time to do it but I can't promise anything ATM.

As Galzohar put it. You can easily create a local MP which behave exactly as SP.

Edited by shay_gman

The only thing that doesn't work in the new version is the Helicopter and Various Extraction options and the Group Gen waypoints, everything else works perfectly in SP, with the mod version and the mission editor... Just thought I would let you know!!!

Some of the Artilleries are broken again after the new update though!

Like the mines, etc.

These ones don't work...

HE120, Cluster120, Cluster AP, HE Laser, Mines 120.

You can play alone in MP (create your own server and lock it or open it on LAN only), so SP is not really needed.

Yea I know but a lot of the times I like to use it in SP missions and campaigns to goof a round a bit :)

Derp! Thanks so much man! I was testing in the editor to make sure everything was working before saving to MP!

I dont know what im doing wrong but its not showing up for me

EDIT: Disregard i got it

Edited by fullerpj