bad benson

midrange terrain texture replacement

Not sure how this works?....do servers need to have a copy of the 'server key' included in the download to allow players with the mod??

I'm seeing quite a LOT of servers that I can't join since (correctly I'm sure) installing this (many thanks for your hard work BB).

Tom

i'm honestly not sure how this exactly works since i never owned a server.

but i think it's something like this:

option 1. a server has general acceptance of any addon and no signature check at all.

option 2. a server excepts all addons that come with a signature.

option 3. a server only allows certain signed addons.

i think the third one is what server keys are used for. i'm not sure if that is correct so maybe someone else can explain more.

if you want to try if your installation is correct try to join Predator.v2's server. he posted a few posts above yours. the server is in his signature. if i'm not mistaken he allows the addon on his server.

Yup, that's exactly how I thought it worked BB.

(Just joined Predator.v2's server...no problems)

Many thanks for your reply!

Tom

Yes, i included the midtex serverkeys to our server. Not many hosts go through all the available addons and search for the best one with server keys and signatures.

About server signature settings, you basically have two options. You can either check for addon signatures (and server keys) or not. However if you decide to check for addon signatures,

you can decide, if you want to check for v1 and/or v2 signatures. V2 is the new, safer standard, however there are some old A2 addons only with v1 signatures.

You can even "force" players to use the same addons as the server.

Here you can see the part of the server.cfg about signature checks:

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION

verifySignatures = 2;

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData = "";

"verifySignatures = 0" is no check for addons

"verifySignatures = 1" checking for v1 and v2 signatures

"verifySignatures = 2" checking only for v2 signatures (excluding v1 signatures)

To include a server key to an arma server, you simply have to copy the key into the arma 3/keys folder.

By the way, if you search for a server with server key checks and some good addons like "midtex, sthud, r3F, canadian forces, hellenic forces, ...", feel free to join the "German Ballebude" as Bad Benson stated.

We use two gbb addon pack, which include the best addons available on this forum (in my opinion). You can find the smaller gbb_addon_pack with small addons like "cba, vts_weaponresting, noblur, fa_stance, jump, gps" on our website and our teamspeak and a bigger gbb_faction_pack with most of the faction packs like "Canadian Armed Forces, Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM), Australian Defense Force Uncut, Swedish Forces Pack, R3F French Weapons Pack, Bundeswehr Retex, French Intervention Forces GIGN, ..." only on our teamspeak for guests. Of course both addons have their server keys included to our servers.

This is such a premium addon for the arma3. Thanks creator

Thanks! It really makes an enormous visual difference! The bare looking landscapes in the distance really was an eyesore and the texture replacement REALLY did the trick!

thanks guys. i appreciate hearing that it makes a difference for you.

Excellent work. I had hoped that BIS would have included something like this in the Beta, but alas, it is not so (or at least not in the current DEV build).

Thankfully the mod works just fine. I may be at a disadvantage with Sharp1, but I don't care, it looks too good.

This great addon does not seem to work in the Beta version (25/06)....any news of it being tweaked yet?

Cheers

Tom

i will take care of this very soon. please be patient.

maybe we also need some more 3d objects (rocks, clutter, stuff) at +200m. or the grass could go to +350m and blend out into transparency smoothly? dunno if we can change this..

OK, seems to work fine now

well. seems like i was right on waiting for more reports ;)

if there are any actual problems i'll be of course happy to fix them as soon as i find the time to do so.

maybe we also need some more 3d objects (rocks, clutter, stuff) at +200m. or the grass could go to +350m and blend out into transparency smoothly? dunno if we can change this..

i'm kinda busy with polishing my climbing and melee system to get it ready for a first release right now. and RL always takes its toll too. you should direct that request to BI since it requires editing of the island files. as for grass draw distance. i played around with that briefly. it has quite a performance impact. and after the previous drama about performance in this thread i'm not interested in researching further. if you need information how to make a replacement config for that purpose, feel free to send me a PM.

and after the previous drama about performance in this thread i'm not interested in researching further.

"I am losing 1-2 fps and i can't accept that!" xD

Nice job on the wamako midtex btw. A nice addition to their map. Once you are done with your climbing system (how far are you btw), you could midtex this chinese island map "diaoyu". ;)

Once you are done with your climbing system (how far are you btw), you could midtex this chinese island map "diaoyu".

i had a little break through with my climbing system yersterday. i rewrote all of the code and it's very flexible now. i also redid some of the animations. i will now proceed to separate most features into different pbos so i can release single modules, if they are more progressed than others. stay tuned for an update in the actual thread about it;)

about the mid range textures for other maps: feel free to PM the authors of these maps about it. i will be glad to share my textures with island makers, if they contact me about it:)

A bit late to the party but I installed this today for beta dev build and the difference is astonishing. Thanks for the great work BB.

Bad Benson,you should suggest this in Dayz forums as Chenarus desperately needs this and Rocket is very open to all suggestions.

Is the midrange textur capable of increasing / decreasing the Hue of the Texture aswell? It seems that with the mid-tex. the game looks darker.

as far as i know it's just an overlay. and yea the stronger the version is you use the darker the terrain will be since the stronger version have more contrast in tzhe texture to bring out the shadows/lighting in the texture more. i still prefer the "strong" version over the darker "sharp" ones because it only darkens the terrain to a point where it is perceived as higher saturation and detail instead of just dark.

there are eight versions in the addon. if it's too dark try a lighter one.