bad benson

midrange terrain texture replacement

Hello, I've been using the mod since release. it's so great ! many people criticize Arma 3's poor mid distance texture but I don't have the problem thanks to this mod just like I don't see ads in youtube thanks to adblock :) but : since the last patch my loading screens are broken and it works back when I remove my pbo babe_stratis_midtex_strong.pbo

Maybe it shall works again after next patch, but I mention it for Bad Benson.

Thank you for the mod.

Edit : Sorry, my bad, I re-downloaded and all clear :)

Edited by NikoTeen

It does indeed make an amazing difference....many thanks to Benson and the others who give up their time for our benefit.

Tom

I know this is shameless advertisement :D, but i just wanted to mention again, that you can play on each "German Ballerbude Public Server" with "midtex" enabled. ;)

Whenever i have to play on another server (for example when i want to play a rare pvp mission), it really hurts my eyes to turn this addon off..

Hi, although I love this addon, it does strange things at night. Stars become balls in the sky and many street lights become supernova bright -I thought it was recent Dev updates causing this as well as settings- you may just want to notify on 1st post that it has these side effects.

This bug occurs in earlier versions of the mod. Try to download the newest iteration from Armaholic. PlaywithSix probably still has a very old version.

This bug occurs in earlier versions of the mod. Try to download the newest iteration from Armaholic. PlaywithSix probably still has a very old version.

Ah quite right -disregard and apologies.

i really appreciate the positive comments guys.

i will send sickboy a message so he can update the six version to avoid further confusion.

edit: well it seems like sickboy doesn't allow people to send him messages. so i will have to find another wy to contact him. i'll try to sort this out as soon as possible.

Not to shamelessly heap more praise on Bad Benson, but he deserves it. Can't play without this mod, and been sending it to all my buddies.

Thanks again

Thanks for the mod - I'd disabled it during checking beta out and had forgotten how good it was

cheers

Hi BedBenson,

is it possible to make your great addon compatible with altis? The difference to default is like night and day!

Hi BedBenson,

Is it possible to make your great addon...oh nvm. I beg you to do the same mod for altis. Please do it!

Hi BedBenson,

Is it possible to make your great addon...oh nvm. I beg you to do the same mod for altis. Please do it!

I beg ya to do the same mod for altis.....äh nvm2: do it do it do it :p

Ehm..sorry guys..

Isn't compatible already??. (just a thought)

I really believe they are using the same textures imho..

uhm not quite GiorgyGR since it's a path inside the island class. but yea guys. i'm blown away by altis and actually thought of making it for altis today. i'll upload it tomorrow. promised. getting pretty late here ;)

i'll upload it tomorrow. promised. getting pretty late here ;)

Thanks, please if you get the time can you make a texture the same as your babe_stratis_midtex_sharp1.pbo Its perfect.

Wow, Ididn't expect it so early, Altis is going to be even more stunning. Thank you very much BadBenson!

Thank you very much Bad Benson for working on Altis :)

ok fellas,

i kinda rushed this. just tested it quickly ingame and it's working. but to be sure please post some feedback, if you are an early downloader, so i can remove any possible issues before this goes on armaholic. i used the "new" v2 signing tools this time (might have before, no idea ;) ) so i hope signatures still work fine and all.

anyways, enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ovkoj <--- download

sharp2 is still my favorite! It closes perfect the gap between grass and no grass in combination with terrain detail at very high (nice transition beyond grass radius). Not easy to say with my german english :p

edit: sharp2...look at the smooth transition between grass and no grass area beyond

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/919020225136184842/EB35517A920EFE649C6D9C5899FDA29444D8999C/

Edited by JumpingHubert

"strong" was almost my favourite because it's more subtle but i'm using "sharp1" right now since i made it default. gonna try "sharp2" now though after looking at your screen. i barely play these days so i'm kinda rediscovering my own addon right now ;)