Sign in to follow this  
andressergio

NEW NVIDIA BETA 314.21 FIX for lots of problems

Guys on NVIDIA try this drivers ARMA III performs better with them and with all games

cheers to all

Sergio

Well.. it's worth I try, I don't really have many performance problems per say... runs a lot better then ArmA 2 did for me. But the extra FPS gain from this (if any) will be nice!

Guys on NVIDIA try this drivers ARMA III performs better with them and with all games

cheers to all

Sergio

Thanks for the update. Hope this fixes a lot of the performance issues with the 690.

thanks! i have been checking guru3d since alpha come out! going to try now!

"FIX for lots of problems"

Just curious, where do you see any fixes related to Arma 3?

"FIX for lots of problems"

Just curious, where do you see any fixes related to Arma 3?

i didnt mate i tried myself and see the nice increase on FPS and smoothness so i posted to the mates here :)

Cheers !

Sergio

From an Nvidia Rep on Guru3D:

Nothing for Arma 3 ?

We have an optimization that we are considering but we need to discuss this with developers as we dont know how this will affect the game as it moves to BETA and then final release.

Pretty nice to see that is still some optimization on the driver front that's possible. None in this release however.

From an Nvidia Rep on Guru3D:

Pretty nice to see that is still some optimization on the driver front that's possible. None in this release however.

i dont think the problems with ARMA 3 are from NVIDIA for me its engine problem not optimized yet...i hit the button AUTOSETTING and my system is powerful so he puts all at max and runing on the field i take 38fps sometimes that aint good at all...

the nvidia rep says they are considering and need confirmation from devs to put it in, hence the performance optimizations for arma 3 are experimental and hasn't even been included.

but of course, lets get everyone's hopes up and use your personal experience of a placebo effect as an objective report.

Just tested and plays much smoother...no gains in fps compare to 314.07.

in my test mission:

314.07 104-105 fps stable.

314.14 107-109 fps gave me 3-5 more fps but lots of bsod! so no thanks!

314.21 104-105 fps but much smoother and solid! best on so far but i got to play more to see how stable it is.And as soon as i install it there was an arma 3 update too. So i am not sure if was driver or game update that made it better!

Try it.

Edited by Grillob3

I'm confused about how you then go on to say you gained fps.

in my test mission:

314.07 104-105 fps stable.

314.14 107-109 fps gave me 3-5 more fps but lots of bsod! so no thanks!

314.21 104-105 fps but much smoother and solid! best on so far but i got to play more to see how stable it is.And as soon as i install it there was an arma 3 update too. So i am not sure if was driver or game update that made it better!

Try it.

told ya its drivers optimization but game needs A LOT of optimizations

---------- Post added at 04:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

I'm confused about how you then go on to say you gained fps.

cauz he feels NO STUTTER as i do :) before it was slow and stutter now its smooth

try them wont harm you ;)

104-105 is not a stutter... Sorry, I don't understand what this is supposed to have done if the numbers are exactly the same. It's probably because you're not giving enough info. We need min, max, and average for this to be anything other than anecdotal.

Pretty nice to see that is still some optimization on the driver front that's possible.

At this stage in development I would certainly hope so!

Noticing much smoother gameplay as well. Only a few FPS gain, but the smooth ness and less choppy is highly noticeable.

104-105 is not a stutter... Sorry, I don't understand what this is supposed to have done if the numbers are exactly the same. It's probably because you're not giving enough info. We need min, max, and average for this to be anything other than anecdotal.

At this stage in development I would certainly hope so!

104/105 for a 60hz LCD will make tearing for sure...then u have to use VSYNC, but game is not nearly optimized with my SLI of 680's SOC i get 38fps sometimes on max settings

Agree, 314.21 seems to have some optimisations, looks smoother.

i guess since arma plays like tomb raider arma got all the improvements aswell huh.

placebo/wishfull thinking imho.

FIX for lots of problems

What problems is it fixing ?

104/105 for a 60hz LCD will make tearing for sure...then u have to use VSYNC, but game is not nearly optimized with my SLI of 680's SOC i get 38fps sometimes on max settings

Screen tearing isn't the same as stutter. Are you saying it reduced screen tearing?

Can someone just do an actual benchmark? lol

screen tearing can look like stutter though. and I do get screen tearing in this game, even with vsync on. I usually have it off, but someone mentioned that, so I tested it, and sure enough I did see screen tearing with vsync on

the stutter I saw wasn't screen tearing, but never the less these issues may be compounding and causing people to 'see' and report many things

since arma 3 is cpu limited, i think the video drives can't change anything at all, only if the game would utilize all of ur cpu cores properly.

screen tearing can look like stutter though. and I do get screen tearing in this game, even with vsync on. I usually have it off, but someone mentioned that, so I tested it, and sure enough I did see screen tearing with vsync on

the stutter I saw wasn't screen tearing, but never the less these issues may be compounding and causing people to 'see' and report many things

Which would be why I'm asking for actual numbers. Also, you were seeing screen tearing with vsync on? That shouldn't happen unless your FPS is below your monitor's refresh rate. If this is the case you should turn VSync off, otherwise it will actually cause stutter.

since arma 3 is cpu limited, i think the video drives can't change anything at all, only if the game would utilize all of ur cpu cores properly.

The CPU issue is not crippling everyone. It seems, at least from what I've seen, that users with Intel chips running at a higher clock speed are able to play just fine. I have customized my settings my GPU is being fully utilized and I get decent FPS (~50). If new drivers mean I can bump one of the options up another notch then I'm interested. If not I'd rather stick with what I've got.

No idea why people act shocked by this. There isn't a game out there that benefits from having more than 4 cores, most only utilizing 2.

Which would be why I'm asking for actual numbers. Also, you were seeing screen tearing with vsync on? That shouldn't happen unless your FPS is below your monitor's refresh rate. If this is the case you should turn VSync off, otherwise it will actually cause stutter.

The CPU issue is not crippling everyone. It seems, at least from what I've seen, that users with Intel chips running at a higher clock speed are able to play just fine. I have customized my settings my GPU is being fully utilized and I get decent FPS (~50). If new drivers mean I can bump one of the options up another notch then I'm interested. If not I'd rather stick with what I've got.

No idea why people act shocked by this. There isn't a game out there that benefits from having more than 4 cores, most only utilizing 2.

There are actually several games out there now that can scale up to 6 cores. And many more that can use more than 2. It's not that uncommon anymore.... especially in the future given that these "next-gen" multi-platform game engines are probably going to want to take advantage of the new shiny consoles and their multiple cores.

It remains to be seen if much can be done for this game in that regard, but I'm sure they're at least working on optimizing and cleaning up the work of the threads they do have in Arma3 to be as efficient as possible. I'm sure we'll see some improvement by release.