SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Excuse me...

"As always our prime focus will be on the western front conflict, but we are open to branching out and exploring more than France, with ArmA3's base setting of the Greek islands a Mediterranean setting seems like a great choice for a new terrain and conflict to explore."

Am I wrong or is this old news?

That's probably still valid (though they'll have to confirm that themselves), but right now we are all waiting for the I44 for Arma 3, which will certainly take some time to complete. If they want to branch out after that, great, but right now they probably don't need a lot of requests for other settings.

They also wrote this: "We're also not limiting exclusively to the year 1944 so let us know what you'd like to see."

These suggestions don't influence the release date of the mod anyway.

And btw I'd actually prefer another setting different from the extremely abused french one. Greece wouldn't necessarily require desert uniforms and liveries and the existing islands could be used (taking out things like the central solar towers obviously)

i hope they fix the problem with the wrist, this looks really painful

as for the map i wouldn't suggest a mediterranean terrain as thats where the people are playing all the time already and mostly (sooner or later) will be fed up with. the same with desert terrains, which were great fun though, but we had plenty of that in the arma series. and for sure there will come severa desert maps for arma 3 soon.

what i would suggest was a very temperate terrain in some country we didnt have yet, or not that much yet... like germany for example =) especially because thats where everything ended in ww2. well at least the european part of it.

Anywhere but France again. As fun as storming the beach is, could we at least do it at a different locale?

To me the Mediterranean theater would fit really well, specially because A3's buildings and plants could be used, saving a lot of time of production. Besides, that Italy or Greece hasn't been much in WW2 games ( unlike France, Benelux, Germany and Eastern Front ), and there are events there from the '41 to the '45 so it would cover a long array of battles.

..and there are EPIC events there from the '41 to the '45 so it would cover a long array of battles.

ftfy :)

Is there a chance to release some ''preview'' soldiers to play around with? Like posted on the screenies? I am dying to play with some prober WWII stuff in ArmA III! Just wondering if this is possible, good job so far!

I think some point earlier in this thread they mentioned they might just release an infantry pack until we get to a proper release. Something along those lines, anyway. Personally, I feel an army in Arma would be a bit empty without at least transports.

ooo good suggestion :)

im guessing you guys will be disabling the radio chat in I44.

thats ok because we will still have the 3D voices right?

I don't think communication would hurt though :)

im pretty sure they are still alive "I think" as its such a big mod I guess it will obviously take time to be put together

I am so excited to see that this is going to be modded for Arma 3- can't wait! :)

P.S. thanks for all your hard work :)

Edited by pathfinder2-1

This mod is definitely not dead, is it still the case they are focusing on finishing up the ArmA2 version before moving on to the ArmA3 version? It's not like ArmA3 is going anywhere for a while so they definitely have the time

Nope they said a while ago that they have left Arma 2, so technically they should still be working on Arma 3 as there will be no more updates for arma 2

*cough..contest..cough*

But the applications are already open, and the ones that have registered first have more options to be supported ( there is a button to "support" ).

Hey guys as some of you probably don't watch the A2 thread anymore I thought I better post a mini progress update here to let you all know where we are officially with the A3 version...

Currently the active team is VERY small due to real life commitments, and those of us still working are SOLELY focused on getting 2.7 out for A2 at this stage. Mainly due to the fact that the work on new features going into 2.7 will translate over the A3 so by finishing them there first, they will plug in much easier to A3 post 2.7's release.

The screenshots and videos posted so far covers most of what we have ingame and playable in A3 so far. Once 2.7 is out of the way we will be looking at getting a very small release for A3 out so you guys can play with what we have working so far. As the future of its development is still very much in the design and development stages do not expect anywhere near the wealth of A2's content to be part of the A3 release. Again the A3 version is NOT a port of the A2 content, though some content will transfer over, a vast amount of it is just too out of date to port well into the new engine.

Unforunately the early split of the team between A2 and A3 has meant we did lose a lot of momentum and when problems arose with A2 it only set us back further. So at this point we are freezing A3's development until that work is completed. I know some may say this is a bad idea as everyone is playing A3, but as I still get daily requests on A2's update and our desire to leave the mod in A2 in playable and feature complete state it has been decided this is the best course of action for us.

So TL;DR - A3 is not dead, just on hold. 2.7 is our primary focus and should be out soon. When we have new info to post we will. Until then know we are working on getting back on track and something playable out to you all ASAP. Thanks for your continued interest and support!