Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III - WIP

Keep Radio Chatter?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Radio Chatter?

• Yes, keep the Chatter.
    • No, delete the Chatter.
    • A version with Chatter, & one without.

So, the Arma 3 Tools have been released... wonder if this makes any difference for maybe seeing the most gorgeous helicopter for arma emerge from the unspoken and be reincarnated in Arma 3?!

'Cause for me it'd make totally up for missing content in vanilla state... If i could be able to just fly this one chopper... i wouldn't need anything else. This one is all i need. Been constantly checking for news on this one every few days since i got the game. Needles to say im a biiig fan of your work. So pleeeeease Konyo, could you maybe share some info with us on the state of the project. Greetings, H4n

Wow, just seen this... hadn't seen it before today... cant wait! good work

I think you will have to wait for a long time.

Sadly konyo doesn't seems to be active anymore (look at his last steam connection and last tweet was a while ago). :(

Update!

I've been away from the modding community for awhile as I see you have been discussing :) Anyway's just to let you know I'm back again and starting with getting this into ArmA3! I was going to start with the C-130K I started working on before I left, but now BIS has released every model there's not much point in me doing that as people will be bringing out different versions of C-130's left right and center I'd imagine? So that project will be skipped now. So why not start with this big boy? :) I know a page or 2 back I posted a WIP screen of it going to a MH-47G, that too wont be happening now as that was with a small other group project, maybe once I've got this working & released I will make some improvements to it model-wise & texture-wise :)

Very glad to see this coming to A3!

I was really looking forward to the upgrade towards the G variant. Hope this eventually comes out down the track.

Any chance at all that you would be able to walk inside and pick your seat ? Would be an amazing feature !

SJ

Any chance at all that you would be able to walk inside and pick your seat ? Would be an amazing feature !

SJ

à la VBS2?

Very glad to see this coming to A3!

I was really looking forward to the upgrade towards the G variant. Hope this eventually comes out down the track.

Once it's released I think I'll stay on the Chinook model permanently & not move onto different models. That way I can create different variants and add new things etc. Most likely will be a MH-47G soon-ish after release of the E variant though.

SJ

I've never looked into VBS2 let alone tried it. So didn't know this was a feature. Maybe I'll try looking into it, could be possible :)

Once it's released I think I'll stay on the Chinook model permanently & not move onto different models. That way I can create different variants and add new things etc. Most likely will be a MH-47G soon-ish after release of the E variant though.

I've never looked into VBS2 let alone tried it. So didn't know this was a feature. Maybe I'll try looking into it, could be possible :)

i believe someone figured out a method on how to make vehicles walkable even when in motion (i think it was someone who was working on a frigate or something for a3 aswell)

Not even sure where the VBS reference comes from..? Never seen it. But I remember being able to walk into your A2 chinook and wander around ? No ? The ramp comes down ? Maybe I've mixed up my mods :)

Either way to walk and have the ability to chose the seat you want to sit in, and perhaps MORE importantly have a proper "get out of Seat" option so we can de-bus out the back of the chopper properly without all looking like a spawned pool of troops all "appearing" at the side of the chopper...... would be amazing :)

What ate the major differences between the E and G that'll require a model and/or texture change?

Not even sure where the VBS reference comes from..? Never seen it. But I remember being able to walk into your A2 chinook and wander around ? No ? The ramp comes down ? Maybe I've mixed up my mods :)

very OTT, but that there is what's needed for Arma3 the way 2.12 portrays diving and skydiving.

Back on topic, the MH47 is one of my favourite mods on Arma2, so looking forwards to this on Arma3

Wow Thanks for the video Scarecrow. So it's possible to script in theory..

Would be superb to get this into A3 for sure !

Wow Thanks for the video Scarecrow. So it's possible to script in theory..

Would be superb to get this into A3 for sure !

Well, bare level VBS is basiclly a bunch of hacked together scripts like ACE, the only difference is that the VBS team has access to the engine so they can make it run smoothly :P

Yes, the correct mod ;)

What ate the major differences between the E and G that'll require a model and/or texture change?

Cockpit is digital in the G, It sort of is now but it's not good enough for my liking at the moment. Also 2 MG's gunners in the rear windows.

Hi Konyo,

Great to see how far you have taken her, its been a while since i spoke to you. Amazing work in getting all those scripts working together, it was quite a mess to sort out. :)

Hi Konyo,

Great to see how far you have taken her, its been a while since i spoke to you. Amazing work in getting all those scripts working together, it was quite a mess to sort out. :)

Hey Nick, thank you. I'm glad you like how she turned out, I did tell you she would be a gooden from the start lol :)

Thanks again to you though for allowing me to use the new model for it, without it wouldn't have been possible. So thank you :D

Well, bare level VBS is basiclly a bunch of hacked together scripts like ACE, the only difference is that the VBS team has access to the engine so they can make it run smoothly :P

It's engine based. BIsim uses a heavily modified version of the RV3 engine.

Also, really looking forward to the heli Konyo!