noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

This probably isnt possible, but i'd like to see what the community has to say.

I use a Motorola XTS 2500 radio for work, and one of the most annoying, irritating, wonderful things in the world, is when one person is transmitting, and another person tries to begin transmitting, they get a loud tone, telling them that someone else is currently transmitting. I want this in arma, cause one of the biggest problems with ACRE is people talking over one another.

This probably isnt possible, but i'd like to see what the community has to say.

I use a Motorola XTS 2500 radio for work, and one of the most annoying, irritating, wonderful things in the world, is when one person is transmitting, and another person tries to begin transmitting, they get a loud tone, telling them that someone else is currently transmitting. I want this in arma, cause one of the biggest problems with ACRE is people talking over one another.

I like the idea but... I agree it probably isn't possible.

Hmm lets see

1. is A transmitting (maybe acre_api_fnc_isBroadcasting ?)

2. is B transmitting (maybe acre_api_fnc_isBroadcasting ?)

3. is B same frequency as A (maybe acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioState ?)

4. is B in range of A (no idea)

5. if 1&2&3&4 then play annoying sound.

Possibly place the whole thing on an event handler for when acre_api_fnc_isBroadcasting is true ?

Im no scripter but it looks posible

Edited by BL1P

It will be 100% possible in ACRE2. There is extensive API call back events for radio broadcast state, and a number specifically related to stepping on other broadcasts. It would be very easy to simulate this.

It will be 100% possible in ACRE2. There is extensive API call back events for radio broadcast state, and a number specifically related to stepping on other broadcasts. It would be very easy to simulate this.

I thank you sir. That literally brought a tear of joy to my eye. Now all will know my pain. :D :bounce3:

I thank you sir. That literally brought a tear of joy to my eye. Now all will know my pain. :D :bounce3:

not really since they can turn the volume down, but the people who dont, hehe...

Hey, can I ask, if there will be something new for underwater communications in ACRE 2? And what about direct speach volume control, will it be like in ShackTac ACRE volume control?

Hey, can I ask, if there will be something new for underwater communications in ACRE 2? And what about direct speach volume control, will it be like in ShackTac ACRE volume control?

Yea the LASH I or LASH II throat mic setup for under water comms would be sick.

You can try this mod - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/README_EN.md :) It has underwater transceiver interface, undewater voice simulation, direct speech voice level and a bunch of other things. Used by two russian communities (more than 100 player per game sometimes). It is pretty stable, official release will be soon (need to prepare english version of site).

You can try this mod - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/README_EN.md :) It has underwater transceiver interface, undewater voice simulation, direct speech voice level and a bunch of other things. Used by two russian communities (more than 100 player per game sometimes). It is pretty stable, official release will be soon (need to prepare english version of site).

Wow : is it a total replacement for ACRE? Maybe a fork ?

Thanks for the information

Wow : is it a total replacement for ACRE? Maybe a fork ?

Totally new product. Yes, used as replacement - we were unable to get ACRE worked for more than 100 players :( You can get all info here -radio.task-force.ru/en/.

I'll create addon thread soon, so let's avoid of flooding in ACRE thread.

Totally new product. Yes, used as replacement - we were unable to get ACRE worked for more than 100 players :( You can get all info here -radio.task-force.ru/en/.

So do we : ACRE's always hanging ...

I wish to be a russian in another life :

YOU REALLY ROCK GUYS !!!

EDIT :

I cannot see the limitations, Is it limited to some version of TS server/client?

Oops I just saw the avoid flooding in ACRE thread.

Sorry about that ACRE team

Edited by gagi

No, it requires it to work at all. ​Unless all you want is to have a radio item on your person in Arma :)

Does ACRE need teamspeak to work properly?
Really? lol,Its a "Plugin" for TS... I dont think you can post in the forums for a week after that post!..lol

Does ACRE need teamspeak to work properly?

Thats a "Pro" Arma player right there. Doesnt even know how ACRE works.

ACRE does nothing than spam your screen with pipe errors and ACRE is not connected to teamspeak without teamspeak, so YES it needs teamspeak.

Thats a "Pro" Arma player right there. Doesnt even know how ACRE works.

ACRE does nothing than spam your screen with pipe errors and ACRE is not connected to teamspeak without teamspeak, so YES it needs teamspeak.

Someone once said there are no stupid questions. Stupid answers on the other hand...

I skimmed over the code in that and unless you are playing pure PvP with no scripting what so ever the code in that mod is going to fail at 10-20 players. Everything is running in the scheduler, which flat out breaks with any appreciable amount of novice scripting.

I am not sure why you haven't been able to get ACRE to work with 100+ players because UO and Shactac have easily had ACRE working at 100+ players, I think ST up to close to 140 players. The entire addon is designed for, and pioneered a lot of, high player count SQF coding practices.

I skimmed over the code in that and unless you are playing pure PvP with no scripting what so ever the code in that mod is going to fail at 10-20 players. Everything is running in the scheduler, which flat out breaks with any appreciable amount of novice scripting.

I am not sure why you haven't been able to get ACRE to work with 100+ players because UO and Shactac have easily had ACRE working at 100+ players, I think ST up to close to 140 players. The entire addon is designed for, and pioneered a lot of, high player count SQF coding practices.

99% of the code is running on client only, Arma 3 engine handles it well so far. Also TS message load is small.

Also, please, could you describe some script to break the scheduler. To fix the problem if it exists.

We are playing PvP at most (with some scripting of course, but mapmakers are trying to reduce loops). You may check this server (new server, so history is about a few weeks only). Also, there is another (small) COOP server.

There is a set problems with ACRE for A3: no easy to setup for players (admin rigths, direct input, etc), TS crashes, no automatic channel switch, some dead/alive players you hear but should not, etc. We were getting about 30% of player with problems - and it breaks the war atmosphere...

Of couse Task Force radio is not totally bug free - but now it is simpler to play big and small games (at least for me :) ).

Well I tested with 5 people on a Domina and it do work :

Not a single crash

We had one guy who was slow he couldn't join us but he was the only one.

Will do further testing during week-end coops.

I don't understand technical issues you both describe about the scheduler and coop games. Anyway, we're not 20 nor 10 : really small community and this plugin is really easy to setup.

99% of the code is running on client only, Arma 3 engine handles it well so far. Also TS message load is small.

Also, please, could you describe some script to break the scheduler. To fix the problem if it exists.

We are playing PvP at most (with some scripting of course, but mapmakers are trying to reduce loops). You may check this server (new server, so history is about a few weeks only). Also, there is another (small) COOP server.

There is a set problems with ACRE for A3: no easy to setup for players (admin rigths, direct input, etc), TS crashes, no automatic channel switch, some dead/alive players you hear but should not, etc. We were getting about 30% of player with problems - and it breaks the war atmosphere...

Of couse Task Force radio is not totally bug free - but now it is simpler to play big and small games (at least for me :) ).

I'd like more information on the issues you have with ACRE, because communities like UO literally have hundreds of players that have perfectly working ACRE installs... The only communities that have ever really reported wide scale problems that were not common errors are the Russian ones. I am wondering if just lack of proper installation instructions in Russian is preventing it, or there is some popular software that is maybe conflicting with ACRE that is more popular with Russian users?

It seems very strange because almost every other large community has run ACRE both in A2 and A3 with almost no crashes or debilitating bugs and hundreds of users for close to two years now since the last major stability patch of ACRE in early 2012...

Anyways, scheduler issues are related to SQF running in a scheduler. Eventually the scheduler gets overloaded and code slows down significantly. To avoid this you need to execute code non-scheduled, which means using per-frame handlers and events rather than spawns and execVMs with sleeps and such.

TS crashes, no automatic channel switch, some dead/alive players you hear but should not

This. Other example is one of our players have to restart his Teamspeak client everygame, or his radion won´t transmit. (Direct Speech Works)

Other problem is with the ACRE ts Pluging the Volume slider isn´t working (Resseting itself...) Not working at all. For most player it´s way to silent. You manualy have to change volumesettings from arma 3 and TS. But after playing teamspeak is much to lout.

regards Spec

Well, I'd guess the large communities run training and otherwise generic "help for new guys" sessions where they sort out all the issues for those people, so of course there are less issues during actual games. Russians probably don't do that :)

That's not just an ACRE problem, though. I know that even though I wrote a detailed guide with pictures of exactly where to click, people still need direct assistance in getting the mods set up. And that's for mods available via a single-click yml using Play withSIX, mind you, and not some manual installation involving multiple programs. That also leads me to remind again that having ACRE automatically installed by Six Updater back in the ArmA 2 days is the main reason we could even consider playing with it - Otherwise the number of frustrated players who couldn't install it would simply be too big to be worth it.

Thread for Task Force Radio - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio

I'd like more information on the issues you have with ACRE, because communities like UO literally have hundreds of players that have perfectly working ACRE installs...

We were getting a set of problems\questions:

• Admin rights for Arma and TeamSpeak
  • Direct input switch in TeamSpeak (to make direct speach work) (also, direct input removed in last TS version)
  • Some strange TS crashes (especially after respawn)
  • You sometimes hears someone 10 miles away from you without radio usage
  • Dead players sometimes hear alive players and vice versa
  • Sometimes radio stops to work..
  • Also, often some of players get some unique problem we have not seen before

• You sometimes hears someone 10 miles away from you without radio usage
  • Dead players sometimes hear alive players and vice versa
  • Sometimes radio stops to work..

I had these three problems with my group, ours were caused by bad anti-flood settings on the TS server. We changed "reduced points per tick" from 5 up to 15 and they disappeared. May need a higher number for lots of players?