Robert, is there any chance of you talking with Lennard and seeing if you can include the Diemaco C8s he has in your pack as I don't think he will be releasing an updated A3 version anytime soon?

Again IT IS MY FAULT that RH's pack is not out yet, I do sincerely appreciate his patience and your patience as well. I have been working about 36 hours a week for the past 2 weeks, I have my 3 day break coming up in a few days and right now I am working on the ballistics. The 7.62x51mm NATO ballistics are a serious pain in the ass, you would think there would be tremendous documentation on the rounds I selected but in many cases this is sadly not so, and the next MIL "geek" I talk to about "ballistics being classified" I will publicly drag though the mud (this is nothing to do with ArmA or these forums, its in RL when I ask on MIL forums and I get those responses, its infuriating). I have put in more time into these 7.62x51mm values than I even put in my 5.56x45mm NATO and Pistol calibers combined, it is really thorough and should be spot on with performances.

RH's pack to my knowledge will feature these calibers....

9x19mm Parabellum

5.56x45mm NATO

6.8x43mm SPC

7.62x35mm AAC

7.62x51mm NATO

Many of these are covring 3 or 4 different barrel lengths just to get performances correct, now if only BIS could write that wonderful magazine coefficient that would be a great big help to ballistics and to modders like RH!

Thnx for all you're hard word

Spartan - like i said many times before , you dont have to make those 7.62x51mm values to be 100% exact with the military ones

you can use some civ .308 instead + some iimprovise - so no need to waste so much time only for that

anyway thx for your hard work mate

I think I saw a pdw version of the hk416 am I correct????

Hej Robert! I want to say that are doing really a good work! I love your m4's and Attachments rly :) My Favorite is the Vitor... I want to ask "only Ask" for some Pics of your new Update for the M4 Weapon Mod. Also to i want to know do yor waiting for the "Marksman" DLC from BI to release the Update or do you have planed to release it early'er. Anndd my last question.. When will it be possible to use more Attachment on the Weapons? I think on to use a laser and light at the same time :)

Kind Regards

(sry for my bad english, not rly my strenght)

He is waiting for 6mm (mm or whatever) ballistics information from spartan (another modder) to release it.

(I believe I am correct, don't take this as 100% the word of god) :cool:

Also bro, if he wants to show pics he will show them on his own time.

Also in the arma engine you cannot use a laser and light on a gun at the same time, there is a mod called MRT acessories that lets you... but its not exactly the perfect solution.

Also we don't even know when marksman dlc is coming, why would he wait for that?

He is waiting for 6mm (mm or whatever) ballistics information from spartan (another modder) to release it.

(I believe I am correct, don't take this as 100% the word of god) :cool:

Also bro, if he wants to show pics he will show them on his own time.

Also in the arma engine you cannot use a laser and light on a gun at the same time, there is a mod called MRT acessories that lets you... but its not exactly the perfect solution.

Also we don't even know when marksman dlc is coming, why would he wait for that?

7.62x51mm ballistics

No... I dont think so, RH said he would release with vanilla 7.62, now he is only waiting on 6mm..

RobertHammer: Fine i will use vanilla 7.62 but still i need to wait for Spartan anyway

I believe that "anyway" is the 6.5 ballistics.. Pretty sure he said something about it earlier.

Hmm, I don't believe Spartan has said he was going to do 6.5 grendel.

Gotta say, looking forward to the pack & ballistics. Spartan0536, have you considered looking at 6.5 PCC ballistics? The cartridge is designed to work better out of a shorter barrel than the Grendel (meant to use faster powders, generating more energy in a shorter barrel), and uses the 5.56 as a parent case. Thus, you have loads comparable to the 6.8 (rule of thumb seems to be subtract 2 inches of barrel length from comparable 6.8), with full STANAG magazine capacity.

-snip-

I'm divided between smacking or kissing you for that suggestion.

How it slipped my mind, I don't know but the ballistic performance as well as the logistical value of 6.5 PCC always made it the go-to round over 6.8 SPC for a few friends of mine that are in the natural reserve and the need to control wildlife population is present.

However, I'm unsure whether RobertHammer's update will include or use 6.5, PPC or other (the final/release version of Spartan's ammo configs might, though!).

I definitely know it uses 6.8 SPC which are the values everyone is eagerly and patiently (but not very understandingly patient) waiting for.

Food for future thought, my man.

Master Hammer,

I recently communicated with you in your M4/16 thread regarding the OICW.

I have a few things I need to clear up first before I continue,

• You asked for a poly count on the model, well total for all parts of the model so far is 17,303. Could you let me know if this is too high? (Count is inclusive of the separate parts barrels safeties, body etc). I have yet to add the integrated scope to the model so I am expecting this to get a little higher. I have optimized and cleaned the model as far as possible without distorting it.
  • You mentioned that you would want the model textured, what is the final format that you would require (file types)? Currently it is in .max format prepped to have a UVWrap.
  • Finally how detailed (resolution) would you require the textures to be at?

I am quite new to producing mods for A3 and have spent a lot of time traulling through the help files on the BIS wiki so any info on the above would be great.

Regards

Snip

Yes, I by no means am suggesting that we delay this project or further encumber RH or anyone else with my suggestions. I just meant that it might be something to look into for a small update. Maybe like the Fallout community's CALIBR (Community Ammunition LIBRary), but for ArmA 2/3.

Master Hammer,

I recently communicated with you in your M4/16 thread regarding the OICW.

I have a few things I need to clear up first before I continue,

• You asked for a poly count on the model, well total for all parts of the model so far is 17,303. Could you let me know if this is too high? (Count is inclusive of the separate parts barrels safeties, body etc). I have yet to add the integrated scope to the model so I am expecting this to get a little higher. I have optimized and cleaned the model as far as possible without distorting it.
  • You mentioned that you would want the model textured, what is the final format that you would require (file types)? Currently it is in .max format prepped to have a UVWrap.
  • Finally how detailed (resolution) would you require the textures to be at?

I am quite new to producing mods for A3 and have spent a lot of time traulling through the help files on the BIS wiki so any info on the above would be great.

Regards

- 17k poly should be ok for Pilot view LOD (1st person view) but it will be need optimized LODs for 3rd person for example like 10k then 5K , 3k and less than 1k

- it can be in Max since i got 3dsmax and textures for whole OICW , i guess min 2048x2048 - it can be even 4096x4096 as maximum :D (also you have to create a normal map and specular map)

also if you got plenty of time , you can try baking your model with the Highpoly model > http://www.chrisalbeluhn.com/Normal_Map_Tutorial.html

Edited by RobertHammer

Thanks Robert, most helpful.

From what you posted above I need to create 4 extra models conforming to 10K, 5K, 3K & 1K in poly count and perform the 'texture bake' process from the 17K master model to each one.

I'll try and get started on this.

Hi Robert

To ask you a littlething about your new Update on the M4 Pack..

I have to apologize that i haven't read this Thread completely if somebody asked you this question befor.. Do you have plans to add something like these Electric Double Magazine to your M4 or Vltor SBR to your next or future updates?

N3zNu6I.jpg?1

That's an Airsoft magazine bud

Yeah i know... I dont found a better one to explane my question with a picture of that what i mean'd! It should be only to unterstand my question easyer.. And thats the point of my question... For me it doesnt matter it it is for airsoftguns or not!!!

Oooh so you're just asking if he'll include two mags clamped together?

If so then if my understanding of the arma engine is correct he could do it but it'd only be cosmetic and not usable

But I could be wrong as well

It'll be cosmetic as the game engine recognizes only one magazine and you can maybe do anims but overall there's no real ability to have two magazines "loaded" or as such... one reason I don't bother with those things (just not worth the time).

hey Robert sry if that question is already awnsered but will we get m4a1ris with long m203´s also?

It'll be cosmetic as the game engine recognizes only one magazine and you can maybe do anims
Oooh so you're just asking if he'll include two mags clamped together?

If so then if my understanding of the arma engine is correct he could do it but it'd only be cosmetic and not usable

Hmmm ok to make a Mag like this one would be first of all for the cosmetic/optic for me. Is it possible to take a M4 mag and change the Data so that you 60rnd in the Mag, it would be than double so heavy, would take double so much place in the bag as one M4 Mag an so on.. will it be possilbe like that? I think to model such things like this wouldnt be so hard as well...... i would be happy if it will be possible!

z4f2xl2.jpg?1

So i found this one... and that gots some real bullets :P But this is something that i never seen before in another Weaponmod and i think it should be in the M4 Pack.. ;)

Unless you build a different weapon model for each different magazine and swap them out its not possible... which would be ridiculous.

Yeah its just not feasibly possible in a non shitty way to do this in the arma engine.. its been done before but its never good at all, and for arma 3 ... yea just isnt feasible.