Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

yes omg thank you i have been asking everywhere about some of these and these look just amazing

Is there custom reload animations like the ArmA 3 ones ?

I just can't go back to awful old ArmA 2 animations now that i saw the ArmA 3 ones.

Is there custom reload animations like the ArmA 3 ones ?

I just can't go back to awful old ArmA 2 animations now that i saw the ArmA 3 ones.

Not yet. I haven't quite figured that part out yet. The movement "fits", i.e. the hand goes to the mag but I can't get the unhide stuff working. Still experimenting with that.

Doesn't seem to make much difference unless there's actually barrel length simulation with muzzle velocity in the alpha...

I think this should be easily done by adding a variation of the "typical speed" section in the code found associated with the new suppressors and then adding this class to a weapon:

class AmmoCoef {

hit = 0.5;

visibleFire = 0.5; // how much is visible when this weapon is fired

audibleFire = 0.3;

visibleFireTime = 0.5; // how long is it visible

audibleFireTime = 0.5;

cost = 1.0;

typicalSpeed = 0.6;

airFriction = 1.0;

};

The coefficients would seem to be fractions, so the typicalSpeed indicated here would cause the weapon to utilize 60% of the cartridge velocity in the magazine being used in the weapon at the time. Power, loudness and visibility would be affected in a similar manner. In the formula above, the ammunition is only half as powerful as the baseline ammo.

Of course if my understanding is wrong, someone please correct me.

I imagine that 'hit' is a direct damage modifier while 'typical speed' is a muzzle velocity multiplier of the existing velocity defined in a magazine's config?

For what it's worth though, my wondering was re: whether muzzle velocity based on barrel length was simulated in the vanilla or not -- no need to make this change if so, but as I mentioned elsewhere, it's why I once modified a mission to replace the RH Mk 18 pack entries with vanilla Arma 2/OA M4A1/M4A3 entries -- "no point as far as gameplay is concerned".

I imagine that 'hit' is a direct damage modifier while 'typical speed' is a muzzle velocity multiplier of the existing velocity defined in a magazine's config?

For what it's worth though, my wondering was re: whether muzzle velocity based on barrel length was simulated in the vanilla or not -- no need to make this change if so, but as I mentioned elsewhere, it's why I once modified a mission to replace the RH Mk 18 pack entries with vanilla Arma 2/OA M4A1/M4A3 entries -- "no point as far as gameplay is concerned".

I did not see the class AmmoCoef entry used anywhere else in the small arms configs, so it's not being used to differentiate between the MX full length and MX carbine length barrels, for instance.

If my guess is correct- and I am going to be testing this this week on my own weapons I've been porting- it's that all the numbers are multipliers. That data I pasted in was directly from one of the suppressors in the A3 weapons accessory config. It would seem that the suppressors act on the velocity and power, as well as visibility and audibility, of the cartridge fired in the magazine currently in the weapon. This used to be done to the cartridge itself, and then reflected in the magazines. In a messy workaround for carbines in A2, I had various magazines that kind of faked the barrel length issue in this manner; I had M4 and Mk18 magazines. It was usually more pain than it was worth.

Of course, I can only test some facets of my hypothesis, and I'm going to reduce the hit down to what I think is 10% and start engaging live targets against an unsuppressed version of the same gun. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a chronograph to work with to test muzzle velocity...

Yeah, noticed that, but I think that is an issue with the holo, not the weapon, since all the others work. My guess is that the Eotech's 'eye'/"opticsView" is a bit off center

It's fine. That's how most red dot optics look IRL. I actually love seeing the front sight post through the optic.

To save yourself from having to edit the silencer name,why not make it a semi fictional 6.5mm rifle (6.5mm AR15 variants really exist)?

I too am having lots of problems with this. I loaded just this addon and the mag is always floating above the weapon. Also, when reloading, the game seems to think that the handle on the top is the mag and it disappears for a few seconds after I press the reload key.

Here's a screenshot.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/bryce2394/arma32013-03-1302-02-20-36_zpsd5a68bd2.jpg

I know asked how to reproduce the problem, but all I did was pick it up and this happens. FYI my graphics settings are all either low or standard. Can't wait til it's fixed, It looks amazing and I love M4's :)

Edited by Bryce23

I know asked how to reproduce the problem, but all I did was pick it up and this happens. FYI my graphics settings are all either low or standard. Can't wait til it's fixed, It looks amazing and I love M4's :)

Now this is weird. There's no animation for the magazine except for the "hide" type.

Clutching at straws here, but how did you load the addon? Via -mod or via the built-in Expansions menu? Are you using the dev build?

I really don't have explanation for this. If it isn't too much, can you try to re-download the addon and try again?

Thanks.

Of course, I can only test some facets of my hypothesis, and I'm going to reduce the hit down to what I think is 10% and start engaging live targets against an unsuppressed version of the same gun. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a chronograph to work with to test muzzle velocity...
Isn't the Shooting Range mission for Arma 3 out already for this purpose?

had the floaty magazine issue again, as well as optics through the standard iron sight. Fired the weapon, game crashed. Still on alpha build ( not the dev one ). And i'm launching it via -mod.

It looks great, but something is bugging me still.

Isn't it slightly too large to be an m4? (In overall size)

It looks great, but something is bugging me still.

Isn't it slightly too large to be an m4? (In overall size)

Actually, you are right.

When I measured the size in Blender, I forgot to apply the scale. I noticed that later, but then applied the wrong scale FPDR

Corrected now, was about to release a new version anyway :) Thanks for pointing it out.

New version has the Holographic sight fix correct? :)

If you mean centered, no. I don't have control over that, since the memory point is part of the holo sight, not the weapon, and I can't move the proxy or all other attachments will be positioned wrong. Other than that, the Holo actually works, it shoots were the reticle appears.

Corrected now, was about to release a new version anyway :) Thanks for pointing it out.

Really? That's great :)

had the floaty magazine issue again, as well as optics through the standard iron sight. Fired the weapon, game crashed. Still on alpha build ( not the dev one ). And i'm launching it via -mod.

Have you tried launching it via the internal Extensions menu? Do you get this problem EVERY time, or only sometimes?

I have tried it via a -mod line as well and didn't encounter the issue. It's pretty frustrating not to be able to reproduce it :(

Anyway, I'll go over it again with the microscope, but I wouldn't really have an idea what the reason is, after all the magazine is not a separate part.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Really? That's great :)

It was actually only off by some 5%, so good spot :)

Have launched the game already 4-5 times today and always had the issue. Also... when reloading, the gun seem to be correctly displayed ( no optis through iron sight ). once reloading is finished, then it goes berzerk :p I don't launch any mod via the ingame menu. Could try it though I doubt this is the issue. I'm not either able to find a good repro of when the weapon did work great for me :(

Thanks guys :)

The message you get will be fixed in the next release.

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

Have launched the game already 4-5 times today and always had the issue. Also... when reloading, the gun seem to be correctly displayed ( no optis through iron sight ). once reloading is finished, then it goes berzerk :p I don't launch any mod via the ingame menu. Could try it though I doubt this is the issue. I'm not either able to find a good repro of when the weapon did work great for me :(

I have noticed there seems to be some difference when launching via menu as opposed to mod line. I had a typo in the folder name originally, and while it loaded from the menu, trying a mod line actually changed the addon name, resulting in my test mission no longer loading. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it certainly seems to make a difference.

Well.. Tried to not activate your mod by the launcher. But it doesn't even see your modfolder in the main menu. And I can't seem to activate-deactivate any mod. How this thing works ? Should I have no mod at all launched at the start for this to work ?

Nevermind, I tried what I said above and I was able to launch mods via the game. But as I expected. Did nothing. I really do think this issue is coming from your mod, not how we install it. I already have a couple of mods and this is the only one that has this issue :(

Edited by M4Mkey

Well.. Tried to not activate your mod by the launcher. But it doesn't even see your modfolder in the main menu. And I can't seem to activate-deactivate any mod. How this thing works ? Should I have no mod at all launched at the start for this to work ?

If you use a mod line, you won't see any other mods here

Nevermind, I tried what I said above and I was able to launch mods via the game. But as I expected. Did nothing. I really do think this issue is coming from your mod, not how we install it. I already have a couple of mods and this is the only one that has this issue :(

There are, to the best of my knowledge, only weapon mods on Armaholic, and I don't know how many of those actually support the exchangeable attachments. In any case, I'll update it soon and we'll see if that fixes it. If not, then I am really out of ideas, more so since I never ever seen that problem.