Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

so say a standard multiplayer mission i just load it up same as i do the missions in the mission folder? and if its usable i can find it ?

No it wouldn't be, this is a custom weapon it would need to be included in the mission.

any one no how i can load my ai team mates with M4 as default. or do i have to make them playable and change the load out in the ammo box thanks

any one no how i can load my ai team mates with M4 as default. or do i have to make them playable and change the load out in the ammo box thanks

You can usually command AI squad mates under your command to "Gear" at an ammo box and load them without having to take them over.

Nice one.

The eotech is not in the center of the weapon once it's on it (right side of the weapon). :)

You can usually command AI squad mates under your command to "Gear" at an ammo box and load them without having to take them over.

thanks just tried it, but i can only perform the command with 1 ai at a time but thanks for your help

Nice one.

The eotech is not in the center of the weapon once it's on it (right side of the weapon). :)

Yeah, noticed that, but I think that is an issue with the holo, not the weapon, since all the others work. My guess is that the Eotech's 'eye'/"opticsView" is a bit off center

in the editor you can write this in each INI field of ai units: (example with black m4)

removeallweapons this;   this addweapon "FHQ_M4A1_BLK";  this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Hamr"; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_STANAG"; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_STANAG"; reloadweapon;

Yeah, noticed that, but I think that is an issue with the holo, not the weapon, since all the others work. My guess is that the Eotech's 'eye'/"opticsView" is a bit off center

Ok, thanks for the explanation :)

Wouah ! Great news for an early M4 ! But I have a couple of issues with it. ( will post screenshots )

First, it doesn't find a certain textures in a remington file.

Second, I have the floaty magazine bug.

Finaly, attachments just goes through the iron sights, no rail mounted.

So right now, can't really use it :(

Just restarted the game to make screenshots, issues 2 and 3 gone. Can't say for how long ^^ but wathever. The error message is the following :

Cannot load texture :

fhq_remington_a3\acr\tex\acr_ti.paa.

Edited by M4Mkey

in the editor you can write this in each INI field of ai units: (example with black m4)

removeallweapons this;   this addweapon "FHQ_M4A1_BLK";  this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Hamr"; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_STANAG"; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_STANAG"; reloadweapon;

thanks this is what im after, once again top help

Just restarted the game to make screenshots, issues 2 and 3 gone. Can't say for how long ^^ but wathever. The error message is the following :

Cannot load texture :

fhq_remington_a3\acr\tex\acr_ti.paa.

Yeah I copied the rvmat's from the ACR, and the TI stage does't show in the MaterialEditor, so I overlooked those.

I wonder where the other issues come from. The iron sight is removed once you put an optics on it (except for the front post obviously), but that is a model.cfg thing and should really always work.

Well it looks like it's working now. Can't say why it wasn't at the very first time. Maybe because I pulled attachments with the gear setup ingame. Not the editor.

Anyway, really nice work ! :)

Awesome guns but I just tested and got a lot of crashes when switching scopes or shooting plus reloading once removed the hand grip of the guns while the anims was active.

I also get an error message about some acr texture everytime I load a mission with the crate in it.

Edited by Dar

Please could you give the classnames of the different weapons variants and items ?

Well it looks like it's working now. Can't say why it wasn't at the very first time. Maybe because I pulled attachments with the gear setup ingame. Not the editor.

Anyway, really nice work ! :)

wow what a relevant username haha

Looks superb Alwarren! I've yet to take a look at in game but the pics so far look great :)

everytime i try to fire the gun the game crashes and sometimes you can see the mag floating above u hope it will be fixed

Awesome guns but I just tested and got a lot of crashes when switching scopes or shooting plus reloading once removed the hand grip of the guns while the anims was active.

I also get an error message about some acr texture everytime I load a mission with the crate in it.

Are you running any other addons? I don't get any of these issues, except the missing texture.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Please could you give the classnames of the different weapons variants and items ?

FHQ_M4A1_WDL

FHQ_M4A1_TAN

FHQ_M4A1_BLK

For woodland, desert and black.

everytime i try to fire the gun the game crashes and sometimes you can see the mag floating above u hope it will be fixed

Again, I don't get any such issues. Please try with just this addon, and make sure you installed it correctly.

Cool pack, I really like the US Forces with the M4s. They look proper now :).

Please, if you have an issue with this addon, do the following:

- Remove all other addons, only try this one.

- make sure the addon is installed correctly. Do not copy the pbo anywhere, copy the whole folder into you "My Documents\Arma 3 Alpha" and use the in-game Extension menu to enable it

- If you have a problem, I need steps on how to reproduce the problem

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Cool pack, I really like the US Forces with the M4s. They look proper now :).

Thanks XD

I just had a crash when i wanted to replace the already mounted holo sight with the u.s. scope.

It looks very nice btw. :D

The only time I've had a problem with it is when I've tried to access the M4 from a scripted ammo crate in the editor.

If I use the Colt ammo box it works perfectly.

Plus you can add it directly to units using a script or the "this addweapon "FHQ_M4A1_TAN"" line in the init box. It seems to work fine when using this method.

I really like this pack.

except the little issue with the but not being in the shoulder and the magazine appearing in the weapon on reload. Its amazing but hey its an Alpha.

Nice one dude Thank god were stepping in the right direction.