tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Anybody knows how to delete NVG for OPFOR and INDEPEND on VAS?

I try used

//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = ["NVGoggles_OPFOR", "NVGoggles_INDEP"];

But it's not worked.

And how to delete suits and helmets of Carts DLC?

@Tonic-_-

Thank you for an awesome MOD. I am in need to solve an issue I am having with my community of Arma3 players. We use the Task Force Arrowhead Radio MOD and when VAS saves loadouts I need to stop it from saving the radio of the player. My community is not the only group dealing with this issue but it is easier for me to eliminate the option rather than to get 40 players to NOT SAVE YOUR RADIO!! :)

Can you help me with a custom edit that allows me the mission creator to toggle the abilty to save the players radio as a part of their save loadout?

Thank you

@Tonic-_-

Thank you for an awesome MOD. I am in need to solve an issue I am having with my community of Arma3 players. We use the Task Force Arrowhead Radio MOD and when VAS saves loadouts I need to stop it from saving the radio of the player. My community is not the only group dealing with this issue but it is easier for me to eliminate the option rather than to get 40 players to NOT SAVE YOUR RADIO!! :)

Can you help me with a custom edit that allows me the mission creator to toggle the abilty to save the players radio as a part of their save loadout?

Thank you

The code to prevent it should already be in effect, at least with the latest VAS, I used code submitted by nkey which I believe is the person that manages that mod.

Reference: fn_handleItem line 21:

if((configname inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item)) == "ItemRadio") then {_item == "ItemRadio"}; //Patch from nkey for radio mods like TFAR

The code to prevent it should already be in effect, at least with the latest VAS, I used code submitted by nkey which I believe is the person that manages that mod.

if((configname inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item)) == "ItemRadio") then {_item == "ItemRadio"}; //Patch from nkey for radio mods like TFAR

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt that script language simply check if the person is loading a VAS saved loadout and if they do not have a radio, it will give one? I want the code to replace the radio, period, that way i know that TFAR will assign it a unique identifier. Either that doe strip the radio from the loadout save.

Thank you for the quick response

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt that script language simply check if the person is loading a VAS saved loadout and if they do not have a radio, it will give one? I want the code to replace the radio, period, that way i know that TFAR will assign it a unique identifier. Either that doe strip the radio from the loadout save.

Thank you for the quick response

It checks if the item inherits from ItemRadio, if it does it replaces it with ItemRadio which is safe to be saved for both TFAR and ACRE.

It checks if the item inherits from ItemRadio, if it does it replaces it with ItemRadio which is safe to be saved for both TFAR and ACRE.

So lets take an example. Maybe i didn´t understant your system well enough. The fn_handleItem.sqf is used at loading a saved loadout. So if a player has a saved prototyped radio in his inventory for example tf_anprc152_19. This item should inherit from itemRadio, because tf_anprc152 inherits from it, shouldnt it? That means if a unit has an entry, which says tf_anprc152_19 your script should turn it back into the tf_anprc152 class without a prototype. TFAR then changes the radio to a new ID to prevent duplicates. This solution is not working at least for me, because i always load prototyped radios from the ammobox. So if I have saved the tf_anprc152_23, I load it too. I dont think thats the point of the fix, or is it?

Greets ODM

Well I can tell you that if i save a loadout and I have a radio AN/PRC-152 (43) and I then I load that saved loadout the radio is still a unique identifier of (43). The way I expected the system to work would be any loadout that was saved and had a radio, on loading would replace the radio and give that radio a new server provided unique indentifer.

I have had several of our guys try this and they all end up with the same exact radio that they saved, even after server restart and reconnecting. As a work around we tell all players to dump the radio that they get from their VAS saved loadout and grab a new one. The server provides the player with a new radio with a unique identifier as intended.

Can this script simply trash any radio in the slot and provide the player with a replacement AN/PRC-152 which the server will assign a unique identifier just like when a player manually gets a radio out of the ITEM area VAS?

Look, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work. I don't use radio mods or any addon in general because they don't appeal to me and they always make gear manipulating a hassle. So if it doesn't work then it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you other then to learn the SQF language and modify fn_handleItem.sqf as that handles all gear handling within VAS. The script that was provided was by one of the authors of TFAR and I really can't be bothered to work with radio mods because as I said they don't appeal to me and honestly I can't be bothered to work on VAS anymore.

//rant

I'm saying all of this because simply VAS has exhausted it's true purpose along time ago and Bohemia keeps breaking various scripting commands with each patch so I can't really be asked to keep updating VAS for mod changes or broken commands by Bohemia. I'm actually hitting the point where I can't be bothered to do anything ARMA 3 related in general as I'm sick of working with an engine that keeps being broken due to them not paying attention to feedback on their dev branch which is there for just that purpose of testing new changes. If they don't care then why should I care to keep working with ARMA 3, well over 35 actual developers for it and it's in a worse state than ARMA 2, a true shame it is. I don't ever see ARMA 3 progressing farther then ARMA 2 even when it has shown some good progress and potential.

//endrant

Ok i got a quick workaround for the TFAR issue....its not well tested yet.

- Find fn_loadGear.sqf in the VAS/functions directory of your mission

- at the very bottom of the file add

[] spawn TFAR_fnc_requestRadios; //calls the radio distribution if you have a radio in your Inventroy 

Now every time you load a saved gear with a radio, the line calls the radio distribution function, thats called on mission init too. So you get a new prototyped radio on every load.

Ok i got a quick workaround for the TFAR issue....its not well tested yet.

- Find fn_loadGear.sqf in the VAS/functions directory of your mission

- at the very bottom of the file add

[] spawn TFAR_fnc_requestRadios; //calls the radio distribution if you have a radio in your Inventroy 

Now every time you load a saved gear with a radio, the line calls the radio distribution function, thats called on mission init too. So you get a new prototyped radio on every load.

Thank you OnkelDisMaster. It appear that the above script has no effect. I think your on the right track though.

Edited by Hajimoto

A few problems with that code:

1. If you put this in the debug console in a watch field (taking for example "tf_anprc152_2" - PRC 152, ID 2):

configname inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "tf_anprc152_2")

You will notice the result: "tf_anprc152"

So, it's not ItemRadio, condition will never match.

2. {_item == "ItemRadio"} is a boolean. That was probably meant to be with one less "=" sign.

3. Even if that worked, it would not restore the same type of radio you had saved, just whatever the default ItemRadio replacement was.

Here's how I fixed it and it works well here:

if (getText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item >> "simulation") == "ItemRadio") then {
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio_items")) then {
	_radio = getText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item >> "tf_parent");
	if (typeName _radio == "STRING" && _radio != "") then {_item = _radio};
};
};

When i try to test it in game i keep "getting a script VAS\open.sqf not found error"

Any Help?

Look, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work. I don't use radio mods or any addon in general because they don't appeal to me and they always make gear manipulating a hassle. So if it doesn't work then it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you other then to learn the SQF language and modify fn_handleItem.sqf as that handles all gear handling within VAS. The script that was provided was by one of the authors of TFAR and I really can't be bothered to work with radio mods because as I said they don't appeal to me and honestly I can't be bothered to work on VAS anymore.

//rant

I'm saying all of this because simply VAS has exhausted it's true purpose along time ago and Bohemia keeps breaking various scripting commands with each patch so I can't really be asked to keep updating VAS for mod changes or broken commands by Bohemia. I'm actually hitting the point where I can't be bothered to do anything ARMA 3 related in general as I'm sick of working with an engine that keeps being broken due to them not paying attention to feedback on their dev branch which is there for just that purpose of testing new changes. If they don't care then why should I care to keep working with ARMA 3, well over 35 actual developers for it and it's in a worse state than ARMA 2, a true shame it is. I don't ever see ARMA 3 progressing farther then ARMA 2 even when it has shown some good progress and potential.

//endrant

Hey Tonic. I don't post a lot because I take what you said in consideration. If it's broke, it's broke and it will probably stay broke unless I can fix it myself, so there's no point in bitching about it. I don't expect you or any other modder to incorporate other mods into your own, so as a simpleton mission editor that I am, I just do the legwork myself, such as adding a separate crate with those addons. I deeply appreciate what you have done here with VAS. Please don't quit updating VAS just because a bunch of apathetic developers promote apathy. I have lost count how many times you have made my life so much easier with VAS. Thank you soo much man. If you must quit, then quit knowing that, despite the pestering of a few, a huge amount of people have a lot of respect for you and your work, they just don't always express it as much as they should. Thank you, again, Tonic.

A few problems with that code:

1. If you put this in the debug console in a watch field (taking for example "tf_anprc152_2" - PRC 152, ID 2):

configname inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "tf_anprc152_2")

You will notice the result: "tf_anprc152"

So, it's not ItemRadio, condition will never match.

2. {_item == "ItemRadio"} is a boolean. That was probably meant to be with one less "=" sign.

3. Even if that worked, it would not restore the same type of radio you had saved, just whatever the default ItemRadio replacement was.

Here's how I fixed it and it works well here:

if (getText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item >> "simulation") == "ItemRadio") then {
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio_items")) then {
	_radio = getText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item >> "tf_parent");
	if (typeName _radio == "STRING" && _radio != "") then {_item = _radio};
};
};

BOOOOM! Goes the dynamite! You nailed it Robalo! Thank you for the fix and help!

So i got VAS to work except the text doesnt show up For the main boxes it shows up for the indivual items and such but not the catagories any help?

Question is it possible to make VAS work like an equipment locker that saves to a server? Like say when you open it up it has only 2 spacs, and when to click on one to store equipment (save load out) it strips you of everything then saves the load out. And when you go to pull out equipment (load gear) you put everything back on, but if you wearing gear already it simply puts what your wearing in place of what you pulled out (loaded).

I ask this because I do really like this script, and it appears what i asked can be done. Just wondering if so how then, would be we say as simple as making the line for loading the saved load out, activate the line for saving it (but delayed) *to avoid worn gear being saved them loaded back onto person*

After today's Dev update, VAS is throwing an error:

Error in expression <etchCfgDetails;
_displayName = _details select 1;
_picture = _details select 2;
>
 Error position: <select 1;
_picture = _details select 2;
>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\NDK0\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kadin\mpmissions\DEFEND_Camp_RogainX.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_buildConfig.sqf, line 131

Could not find any pertaining information on the description of today's update material. Maybe I am missing something..

Tonic...help !! :)

I am suspecting some relation to this line from todays update log:

"•Classes in cfgGlasses are now able to use hidden selections (camo)"

NO MORE ERROR with today's update DEV version 1.23.125279 :)

Edited by KadinX

//rant

//endrant

Hi, Tonic,

Would you consider an idea of putting VAS to Github?

This will allow you to accept patches seamlessly (and allow VAS to progress by itself) while not spending time on actual development.

Regardless of ArmA 3 state, your script is still awesome and had saved a lot of hassle for many mission developers/event organizers ;) Cheers.

Hi guys I wandered if anyone could help me with this quickie please. VAS is working (I get know on screen errors), but when I access the panel I get no labels on the buttons to tell me me what they all do. Have I done something wrong? Thanks for any help

Tonic, just wanted to say thank you for this. I use it in my missions. This is hands down one of the most useful scripts I have come across. To enable a player with every weapon known to Arma 3 and to be able to save the loadouts is F'ing priceless bro. Thank you for the hard work.

Hi, Sorry for asking this if it has already been asked but going through 108 pages is a huge task. I was just wondering where I could locate my saved load outs that i made in VAS to get class names and such for a script I am working on to re-equip my soldiers in mission. I just want to do my load out in VAS save it then use that save info for my script. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it??? Thanks.

UPDATE: v2.6

Changelog:

Changed: forceAddUniform now added in so you can freely wear any uniform without being 'naked'.

Changed: TFAR radio patch from Robalo to properly remove TFAR radios from being added.

Changed: Exit condition for VAS preloading in the config builder.

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.6

Virtual Ammobox System also known / dubbed as VAS made its release on 03-10-2013, Barely a week after the release of ARMA 3 Alpha to address the problems with the gear handling system for ARMA 3 at that time which was quite honestly horrid and beyond broken. Over time it has became one of the most single used script resources popular in casual co-op and armory missions along with other different types of missions but sadly due to recent events I feel Bohemia has made a cheese rat move and I really don't feel like supplying cheese to the rat if I get nothing from it like oh hey great tool we'll go make our own and make the name of it almost 100% identical to your system which is totally not a cheese rat move (sarcasm)... This could be considered the last update to VAS and possibly all of my stuff. I would like to thank everyone who has supplied feedback for VAS as well as submitted code changes to make VAS better, you guys are truly awesome and are the reason why I have released most of my stuff to the community so I thank you.

To Bohemia all I will say is well... GG (EXTREME RESTRAINT FROM WHAT I WANT TO SAY...)

Tonic, first of all; thank you so much for all your work on VAS! It really has been a lifesaver.

But aren't you overreacting a bit? I mean, the need for such tool was so obvious to everyone right after the game's release that you can't really claim it was your idea. And now with the bootcamp system and the virtual world training it's only logical that BI created a virtual arsenal. Arsenal is a synonymous to Armoury, which is what they had in A2 but can't use it again because it doesn't serve the same purpose. It's Virtual because it's not actual.

When Bohemia implements weapon resting, will it be a rat move against weapon rest mods?

Please, don't take this as a disrespect for your amazing work. I just was surprised by your standpoint.

Thank you very much for sending us the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!