Sign in to follow this  
Khangirey

Arma 3 Lag Fix (Maybe?)

Aren't "-maxMem" and "-maxVRAM" hard coded to 2047 max? Anything above that falls back to 2047

Yes, that is correct. Unfortunately.

Aren't "-maxMem" and "-maxVRAM" hard coded to 2047 max? Anything above that falls back to 2047

WTB 64 bit upgrade. :(

Have an occasional memory leak here & there; I don't want to think how Altis is going to run at this level of detail that is inherent in ArmA III now regardless of settings.

Myke;2324303']Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything constructive to add. Thank you.

Unfortunately he posted the most contructive thing in this whole thread, because he is the only one who is right.

in science we learn that to state something we need hard evidence first.

so I would like to have a mission script that runs 1 or 2 minutes and always goes the same route. than we use fraps or stuff and record the fps, and after we calc an average fps. then we do this thing 3 or 4 times and use the statistical avergae of that. then we use several options and repeat.

first: we need such a benchmark mission first.

-psuedoFPSincrease=40 -strawclutching=1

I find when using the above the game seems to run better and with an fps counter I feel there is an increase, the strawclutchung command just verifies the pseudo command is other giving you all the hope you need.

:rolleyes:

Pfffhahaha most accurate statement in thread.

we need a benchmark for reference, yes.

I'll try to benchmark it tonight or tomorrow. I have a test to study for so it might be some time.

Nice thread, some good (and bad..) suggestions have been raised. We need a good brainstorming/comparison thread regarding overall perfomance of the alpha. I've been having issues with FPS too, ill give some of these params a go tomorrow and report back. Thanks to all who've contributed so far :)

Game seems to run fine for me right now but i do get the occasional freeze(setting on high and ultra but nothing fancy). Im sure this is just part of the alpha though as this will surely get fixed. I use the -nosplash -cpuCount -exThreads etc and find that my game is smoother but not necessarily more FPS in fact i have actually refrained from looking at my FPS too much as right now we are all merely in the testing phase... It's going to be a great game though :-). currently using 314.07 drivers(i have the first gen I7 920).

I have a 6670 and fx 4100, what would be my maxvram?

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Let click arma 3 on steam, properties, general, launch settings, and then type the code or whatever in there.

Yup my point is without any real evidence these commands directly effect performance rather than perception its difficult to look at them constructively, if BIS themselves stated these commands will in fact help you then that is who I would rather take the instruction from as they did build the game right...

My original comment was meant as a light hearted response to help people think about producing evidence to help other but alas the humour monster decided I've been a bad boy. Never mind.

Holy crap you got a full on warning for that!!!! What the heck is wrong with the world these days.

The joke was not lost on me. People just need to relax a little and have a good laugh from time to time :)

The only issues I'm having is when I go to ammo crates and freeze or even crash. Or when it lag spikes. Hopefully the startup command helps!

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, anyone else have any ideas?

Specs: AMD Athlon 640, 8GB RAM, Radeon 6870

I use these setting and my game works great:

-maxMem=8176 -maxvram=2048 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -noSplash -skipintro

I use these setting and my game works great:

-maxMem=8176[...]

How can a 32 bit application address 8 GB? LAA flag? Placebo?

WTB 64 bit upgrade. :(

Have an occasional memory leak here & there; I don't want to think how Altis is going to run at this level of detail that is inherent in ArmA III now regardless of settings.

How do you know when you are getting memory leak?

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

When you people realize that nobody has issues in Editor (unless you add tons of AI) or in Infantry mission.

Try populated MP server or atleast Helicopter showcase which is much heavier than Infantry mission.

I think what he was getting at was that the editor with 90 AI running about does not lag as much as a server that starts smooth as silk but gets laggy once about 30 players are online after about 40 minutes. So you would expect with the speed of modern day internet connections that the final game will be as smooth in MP as it is in single player with say 80 units about. I don't know what causes it but I've heard things like the sheer number of objects (items being dropped by players) being generated over time causes a problem. Also, does anyone know if the server only runs as quick as the slowest internet connection? Like it would remain fast if everyone was using a 60Mb connection but if one person joins with a 56kb connection the it ruins it for everyone?

How can a 32 bit application address 8 GB? LAA flag? Placebo?

Most performance increases around here are build on the placebo effect, only believe people if they show some actual benchmarks.

Anyway, even the documentation says that values above 2047 are ignored.

Am I the only one who experiences a drop in fps and gpu usage/major increase in cpu usage when standing right in front of and looking at trees? They are the only thing that kill my editor performance.

I have mouse lag when aiming and it makes the game completely unplayable (I put it on the shelf to eliminate this bug). I read the previous threads and bug reports where the developers have promised to look at it. but so far nothing has changed. And if the final version of the game will not fix this bug (the main for me), I will not play in this game and my money wasted :down:

PS: If I wrote a complaint to the wrong topic please poke me where you have to, just have not found another.

I have mouse lag when aiming and it makes the game completely unplayable (I put it on the shelf to eliminate this bug). I read the previous threads and bug reports where the developers have promised to look at it. but so far nothing has changed. And if the final version of the game will not fix this bug (the main for me), I will not play in this game and my money wasted :down:

PS: If I wrote a complaint to the wrong topic please poke me where you have to, just have not found another.

Try this:

1. find these files in the folders of your Windows user account (in Windows 7: C:\Users\*your username here*\Documents\Arma 3)

• Arma3.cfg
  • *your playername here*.Arma3Profile

2. Open Notepad and drag Arma3.cfg in it - list of settings will appear. Find the next lines and set 1 as value to both.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

3. Save, and after saving drag *your playername here*.Arma3Profile into Notepad. Find the next lines and set 0 as value to both.

mouseSmoothing=0;
mouseAcceleration=0;

4. Save, close Notepad and launch the game. Try aiming now. Input lag should be smaller.

Thanks for the help Ezcoo! But before I write here I have studied this issue and all that you advised me has already been done, does not work for me. Likely reason is different and it can correct only the developers I think. This is a very old problem (even mentioned in the ArmA 2) with reports on the forums, but there it is for me was not so much making the game almost impossible.

Edited by Alexx78