dslyecxi

ShackTac User Interface (STHUD, STGI, and more)

This thing exists for so long and I didn't even knew of it. Shame on me. This is the most awesome addon evar!!

Great, and it works in SP too!

Yay!

It would be nice if we can bind a key to switch the display on/off.

Edited by vodkapom

I just tried it out in the editor and it's not working for me.

I've placed it in the correct SteamApps > common > Arma 3 folder, it's set up as @stud > addons > pbo & bisign files. Ticked it in the expansions, restarted the game but I get nothing. I've only got this and another addon in there and the other is set up in the same way and works fine.

Does it not work in the editor or something?

Why don't you just, right click on ArmA 3, click properties, then click set launch parameters and add -mod=@sthud; it takes less time and is more effective than doing it via the ingame expansions feature, which was mundane the day it first popped up.

I just tried it out in the editor and it's not working for me.

I've placed it in the correct SteamApps > common > Arma 3 folder, it's set up as @stud > addons > pbo & bisign files. Ticked it in the expansions, restarted the game but I get nothing. I've only got this and another addon in there and the other is set up in the same way and works fine.

Does it not work in the editor or something?

Hey..

I m almost sure you must be in a group for this to work.

You had any more units "tied" to your group while in editor??

My village just called... they want their idiot back.

I just re-read the HUD install instructions and it says must be used in conjunction with the CBA addons which I didn't have. It's now working.

Soz peeps :o

I have an occasional problem with this addon and submitted a feedback report to BIS. Here's a copy of that report and their reply. They suggested I contact the author of the addon. One thing that I didn't mention in my report that I'm going to as soon as I finish this post is that when my addons don't work, they all don't work. It's not that some work and some don't. They all stop working and then, usually when I respawn, they all start working again. Makes me wonder if it's not BIS's problem after all.

The following issue has been UPDATED.

======================================================================

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082

Reported By: UpYonder999

Assigned To:

Project: Arma 3 Alpha

Issue ID: 6082

Category: Modding

Reproducibility: random

Severity: minor

Priority: normal

Game Version: Arma 3 Alpha

Date Submitted: 2013-03-26 14:49 CET

Last Modified: 2013-03-26 15:17 CET

Summary: Sometimes addons/mods don't work when I start a

game.

Description:

I use two addons a lot. FAStance http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19017

and

ShackTac Fireteam HUD http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18949

Sometimes they don't work when I load a mission in multiplayer LAN, where I play

singleplayer missions. After I am killed in the mission and respawn they will

usually start working.

BTW, I think FA Stance should be a feature of the game that BIS supplies. It is

very difficult to keep track of what stance you are in without it. In real life

this is never the case.

Steps to Reproduce:

Install these two addons and play a multiplayer LAN mission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(0015532) Deadfast (moderator) - 2013-03-26 15:17

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082#c15532

This sounds like an issue with the addons themselves, I suggest you contact

their authors.

To elaborate, dialogs and resources are not written into a game save. Neither

are variables that contain references to UI elements and scripts that contain

the <i>disableSerialization</i> keyword. Addons that introduce UI elements have

to cater for this behavior.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change

2013-03-26 14:49 UpYonder999 New Issue

2013-03-26 15:17 Deadfast Note Added: 0015532

This happens to me all the time. When a saved game is initially loaded, when first starting the game, the mods will load and they will be visible. Or, start a new game, and the mods load. When you "die" and reload a saved game, ie "revert", the mods don't load.

This is not an issue with the mods. It's got to be an issue with ARMA III. Send it back to them.

This happens to me all the time. When a saved game is initially loaded, when first starting the game, the mods will load and they will be visible. Or, start a new game, and the mods load. When you "die" and reload a saved game, ie "revert", the mods don't load.

This is not an issue with the mods. It's got to be an issue with ARMA III. Send it back to them.

Here's the latest response from the developers.

(0015868) DarkDruid (developer) - 2013-03-27 10:04

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082#c15868

Broken mod must be fixed by author. If there is something wrong on our side,

author of mod can report bug with detailed info and we will look at it. Thanks.

Closing.

So if Dslyecxi were to submit a bug report BIS would take it seriously, but a mere user won't get anywhere.

So if Dslyecxi were to submit a bug report BIS would take it seriously, but a mere user won't get anywhere.

That's bs and you know it. Please take your random developer hate elsewhere.

edit: Maybe I got it wrong. Did you mean they'd listen to Dyslecxi, but not 'mere users' because he's VIP, or because he's the author of the mod? If the second one is the case, I'm sorry.

Edited by zimms

That actually makes sense. When someone makes a mod and that mod doesn't work, the only one who has a good chance to explain to BIS what is actually wrong with Arma 3 that makes the mod not work is the mod maker himself, or at least someone who knows how the mod works inside out.

That's bs and you know it. Please take your random developer hate elsewhere.

edit: Maybe I got it wrong. Did you mean they'd listen to Dyslecxi, but not 'mere users' because he's VIP, or because he's the author of the mod? If the second one is the case, I'm sorry.

One of my replies in my bug report is that all mods stop working at the same time, and when they start working again, they all work (I made this reply in the report after I started this thread so you don't see it here). So it seems unlikely to me that all the mods are coded incorrectly. It's more likely to be a problem in the Arma code. So I'm a little upset that they closed my issue without looking into it, however I can see the point that it would be best if an author of the mod works with BIS to get this resolved. Since someone else stated they also this problem, it's a real issue as far as I'm concerned. I hope it gets resolved.

Seems to me that all your mods related to this bug are dependent on CBA. It's a known limitation of how these mods interact with CBA and how CBA interacts with the engine. The result is that neither FA_Stance, ST_hud nor ST_mapbrightnes and some others which bring new display/hud elements to ArmA will work with a loaded save game in single player. You may adress this issue to Sickboy and the crew behind CBA to develop a workaround though.

Seems to me that all your mods related to this bug are dependent on CBA. It's a known limitation of how these mods interact with CBA and how CBA interacts with the engine. The result is that neither FA_Stance, ST_hud nor ST_mapbrightnes and some others which bring new display/hud elements to ArmA will work with a loaded save game in single player. You may adress this issue to Sickboy and the crew behind CBA to develop a workaround though.

Thanks! As a test I installed the FA_GPS addon which doesn't require CBA. That one works, while the others dependent on CBA don't. So I guess this known limitation is the problem. I'll contact Sickboy and see what he says. Thanks again for letting me know.

Can you move the STHud to the right or another position? Currently it blocks the grenade launcher crosshair/red dot when it's zeroed at 400m.

Thanks man!

Can you move the STHud to the right or another position? Currently it blocks the grenade launcher crosshair/red dot when it's zeroed at 400m.

Using a Grenade launcher at 400m out seems like guessing where the next raindrop will fall when it rains. The currently used grenade launcher in the Alpha has effective range up to 300m. Yes of course you can zero the sights to 400m but you will not get the grenade that far. in real life you can zero your standard grenade launcher to whatever you like, still you cant use it that far!

Honestly, I like where it is now. And it's see through enough for you to actually be able to aim the GL as accurately as possible, which isn't much at 400m. Besides, if common sense is used, the GL sight will be altered so that it will always be centered sooner or later, so you can actually zoom in and still see it.

+1 for the ability to move STHud's placement. Currently running an 8-man squad and can't see the last two men. Just shifting it right (it would cover the A3A watermark) but that wouldn't worry me too much. Either that or is there a way to have the squad panel vertical on the far left? (But that would be a different mod!)

Edited by DJPorterNZ
Edited for clarity.

Nevermind.

Edited by MAXZY

It's been almost two months, anyone figure out a way around this issue with CBA enabled mods and their failure to work in saved games? Any workarounds?

Hello Dslyecxi your mod is very useful in our clan but we have a problem with the mod, our nicks not appear in the list of square units, our nick starts with <A2>. Could you update the mod to include characters at the beginning of the nick?. Thank you very much for your work.

Just wanted you to know that with the latest development build (that has full Beta content) your Mod does not work anymore...

There's so much to do in the Beta, so don't worry if you can or want not to fix this anytime soon! :D

Yay!