Pretty sure I only downloaded it yesterday, have you made a new version since then? The =BTC=_revive_init.sqf gives the version as 0.9

Actually better question, does it definitely work on the dev branch? I just hand the chance to test it with a friend and the sample mission that comes with the script gives us both the error I detailed above

@Sgt_Sam

I don't have plans about it...

@Alias001

0.9 rc1

Okay, the RC1 definitely worked a lot better but I am getting a few issues I've seen mentioned earlier

Once a character dies, it takes 3-5 seconds before they can be revived (I think that one is intentional by the look of the script). From the perspective of the character who's alive, the downed guy looks dead for that 3-5 seconds but then instead of rolling over into the wounded animation as I've seen in videos, they drop into the skydiving animation. From the perspective of the wounded character, after the black screen they seem to start the rolling over wounded animation but their leg just twitches and resets. The same animation plays during the dragging action, looks funny I have to admit, feels like you're pulling a man shaped hovercraft.

The healing works well (though I wasn't losing first aid kits, do the medics use the medkit for free?) but once the healing is finished, the character drops back into the skydive animation for about a second and then rolls back into the prone position, occasionally pulling out their pistol. I also got a weapon.cfg error message the first time I died, could that be the cause of the pistol issue?

Definite progress though!

Edited by Alias001

it takes 3-5 seconds before they can be revived

You could try to set the respawn delay to zero in the description.ext.

they drop into the skydiving animation. From the perspective of the wounded character, after the black screen they seem to start the rolling over wounded animation but their leg just twitches and resets. The same animation plays during the dragging action, looks funny I have to admit, feels like you're pulling a man shaped hovercraft.

It didn't happen when i test it, i think it's due to a change in the animation during the dev.

I think we have to deal with it until a game reaches a more stable version. I stopped the developement for this reason...I can't correct every day what the devs change in the new biuld, i'm not paid for it and it gets frustrating. I'll take a look again at the script after the beta release! ;)

The healing works well (though I wasn't losing first aid kits, do the medics use the medkit for free?) but once the healing is finished

If the injured has a first aid kit that will be used, otherwise the healer's kit

I also got a weapon.cfg error message the first time I died, could that be the cause of the pistol issue?

It's a known iussue...Just hit ok and play on! ;)

Yeah having a look through the description showed it had a 4 second delay which would be about right.

I might just use the script for the moment and tell people they can just deal with a brief bit of skydiving or stay dead.

Thanks

first aid kit required set to 1, but I can still revive regardless.

Running dev build and todays arma update gave the script an error. Looks like they changed removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon to RemovePrimaryWeaponItem Just find and replaced and it working now.

Edited by Source

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=========

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Okay, I just had a go at the updated version, it now works really well & will be in every mission I make from now on, top stuff mate!

There were a few small issues though:

-On first death, each player got an error, I didn't get in quick enough for a screenshot but I'm pretty sure its "No entry in \weaponconfig.cfg". I didn't seem to lose any gear or anything, just had the error come up.

-In the sample mission's =BTC=_revive_init.sqf, the option BTC_need_first_aid is set to 1 but I was able to revive without a first aid kit or medkit, just to make extra sure I didn't have one I actually got naked (well my character did) & was still able to do the revive

-I assume this is intended but it seems that players who are down are immortal, to the point where even an AT round at their head doesn't seem to have any effect. Would it be possible for extra damage on downed players to speed up the counter before they bleed out? For example, for every bit of damage they take that would normally be fatal it could knock 60s off the time they have before dying

@Foxhound

Thank you very much! Great news! I love the work you're doing sir! It's really appreciated!

@Alias001

Thank you for your words!

1)

I don't have the time to try to understand why the error shows up, but it's not a big deal, since you can hit ok and there are no preoblems. Maybe it's related to the beta or something that i don't figure it out yet.

2)

I've to check the first aid kit option. Make sure to check if the wounded player has one, if it's so you can revive him using his gear.

3)

It's a good idea, maybe i can try to add it later on!

Thank you again for you kind words and your suggestions.

The injured player definitely didn't have a first aid kit on him, Since I was playing the medic I thought maybe they could do some sort of revive without first aid so I made sure we'd both dropped all of our kits and the regular rifleman could revive me without a first aid kit as well.

Ok! I'll fix it in the next release! Thank you for your tests :)

Thanks a lot guys :)

Amazing work you do all !!

I'd would like to help you in this, but i know nothing in script build !:butbut: So... I try to learn, and hope help you one day !

See you later ;)

I hope you don't mind yet another suggestion Giallustio but would it be possible for the script to track how long people have been down over the entire mission? I was thinking it might be a cool addition if each player gets a limited amount of time they can be down for the entire mission rather than per injury.

For example, imagine a scenario where player 1 gets shot, the script starts the default 600s countdown, player 2 comes along & revives player 1 after 100 seconds. As I understand it in the current version, the next time player 1 gets shot, he'll have 600 seconds again.

What I was thinking would be cool is if player 1 gets 600 seconds of down time for the entire mission and if it takes 100 seconds to revive him, the next time he goes down he only has 500 seconds before bleeding out, if the next time he's shot it takes 200 seconds for someone to get to him, he'll only have 300 seconds left and so on. I think that could put a bit more pressure on players if they have to be careful to not let friends stay down too long

It's easy to add but i think it's a very elitist feature...I could help you to add to your mission but i'm not sure to add it to the core script!

Sorry! I just tried another time, and i have bug messages!!.. I'll try to give you a screen later :(

I have a question. I am using only the revive part of your script and i want to build in a check to end the game when every player is down. Since they're not dead, i cant do it with !alive. Anyone have a suggestion how to build in such a check?

Have been having issues with this for a while now and hoped it was fixed in the last release. Could just be me though :)

* When I die I respawn immediately with no timer to wait out? I've removed all the mobile spawn options and set the timer to 180 for revive, still no joy? I get the Revive Started hint at startup.

* When I respawn I don't have the same gear as when I died and the grenades, smoke and chem lights are in my gear but can't access them unless I drop them and pick them up again. Respawn Gear is set to 1

* Receive an error at start up about the respawn function.

Any help would be appreciated.

is it possible to make so its possible to only revive with the medkit? not firstaid.

Is it possible to revive people underwater? I am making a mission that implied diving and some diver enemies, and I want to know if a enemy kills one of us we would be able to revive him. I don't want to place a respawn or MHQ, only having revive as an option.