arma 3 got updated today. I'm getting some errors

Error in expression <d _display_name;

_count = _array_bullet select _id;

_array_class set [_id,0];_ar>

Error position: <select _id;

3 of us just tested the revive function of 0.9 after the update today and no probs at all :)

I can confirm version 8 doesn't work with the new Arma patch, so I'm switching over to the newer Revive version.

arma 3 got updated today. I'm getting some errors

Error in expression <d _display_name;

_count = _array_bullet select _id;

Error position: <select _id;

Ok you need to copy the dev files from rc1 into the standard btc folder. See the dev version was used for the patch when it was dev, now its deployed so you need to overwrite the new files. Your error will go away. I had no problems using that this morning worked great.

However in the BTC sides patrol mission it failed to save any magazines in any weapon. All magazines were rendered empty as well as pistol ammo. Putting them on the ground or back in the box/vehicle did nothing. I believe this only happened in the sides patrol mission, in an insurgency it was working fine, so I dont know.

Ok so just realized the 0.8 package includes the dev files, 0.9 does not. So I think im going to use the dev files from 0.8 I guess? I think 0.9 is what broke sides patrol. Im lost at this point.

***EDIT***

Just did a full test with both 0.8 dev and 0.9rc1.

Seems the rc1 is the one you want. No errors so far.

Edited by WildFire6

How did you set up the revive init?

This is my =BTC=_revive_init.sqf:

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 600;

//BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

if (PARAMS_ReviveMedic == 1) then { BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F"];} else { BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];};

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 0;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_black_screen = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

PARAMS_ReviveMedic is a map parameter I use to switch between "Anyone can revive" and "Only Medic can revive" depending on how many people are on the map.

I use a custom Annex & Invade map for 20 people. I have 2 squads set up, Alpha and Bravo. Each has 2 B_medic_F slots.

I also use this at the end of the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf file instead of the normal hint to check if the parameter is properly activated and this works perfectly.

if (PARAMS_ReviveMedic == 1) then { hint "REVIVE MEDIC ONLY";} else { hint "REVIVE ANYONE";};

Try this:

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];
if (PARAMS_ReviveMedic == 1) then { BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F"];} else { BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];};

Keep in mind that if you want to change the param later in the mission you have to public the variable and send the array to all clients:

BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F"];publicVariable "BTC_who_can_revive";

Be sure that the param PARAMS_ReviveMedic is defined before the revive init starts.

@WildFire6

The 0.9 rc1 is the only one compatible with the last stable. If no more bugs will be reported with the new release, it will be the official one ;)

@hellstorm77

Are you using the 0.9 rc1?

I found the problem it was the =BTC= TK punishment i got the new version and it worked fine

Hi;

I'm trying to add = BTC = revive to version of Life. Cops works well, but civilians respawns in the ocean, at the corner of the map. A that could be due?

Thank you.

I do not know the version, is a modified version that I found myself playing. The version had a respawn system for civilians, that respawns in the houses near to a marker called "town_marker" But I eliminated any trace I found about it. Now the marker for civil respawn called " respawn_civilian "

When respawns in the ocean, also changes your money to "any"

I sent you a link to the mission to private message, if you want her see, I not good English.

Thank you for help me.

found one problem, if you die and get revived, any tasked attached to you (at least one with only synchronized objects setting) will not change state, Im assuming the sync lines get detached or something. also any tasked that get created to you on a trigger activation will no longer work.

How do you assign Tasks to your Mission? Through scripts or the editor Elements?

editor elements. So a "create task" synced to the players, and a trigger synced with the "create task". Is it better to do them through scripts?

oh also any tasked already assigned to the person will not succeed or cancel etc after they die/are revived

I have assigned the task over the script but thee the problem is the same. If you succeed a task you don't get the hint and the update. Seems like a bug from BIS self ?!

Just making you aware of a pretty major issue.

I have it set so that only medics (B_medic_F) can revive, which works fine, but there's a bug meaning that anyone can revive themselves.

If a player is being dragged when they hit Respawn, they'll instantly revive themselves.

Re-posting this major bug.

Official 0.9 version.

Changelog:

- Fixed mags problem caused by the stable update.

- Added the support for civilian and guerrilla side.

- Fixed the lifes problem reported by Lordprimate.

- Small fixes and tweaked.

http://www.giallustio.altervista.org/pages/=BTC=_revive.php

@Fuzzy Bandit

I try to fixwhat you reported. I think it's more arma related but i'm not at my pc to test it. Could you give it a try?