You didn't set the revive init properly.

I don't know about the second problem, i'm away from my pc and i can't test the new update.

Our group ran a mission last night with the latest version including units as team leader but not seen any issues at all, no script errors or the issue Freebie had

hi Giallustio,

Is there any way of making the units Initialisation carry over using respawn. Revive works but since you have an even handler there for "killed"; i can't seem to make my own to add back and addaction the player had before death.

Don't know...You could use the "respawn" EH. It's "dangerous" script this kind of things in a module. You could add them easily ;)

thanks for the quick reply. for the mean time the addaction I want for each player is just a shoulder mounted chem light. I have put in the BTC_player_respawn function on the bottom line. it works but is not really pretty!!

You didn't set the revive init properly.

Speaking as a noob, I don't know what is set incorrectly? These are my revive init settings, I've disabled respawn & mobile respawn. Just want it so anyone can revive without a first aid kit.

It seems to be working fine except for those script errors. Can you identify what I've supposedly set wrong? Thanks :)

BTC_revive_time_min = 2;

BTC_revive_time_max = 300;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 0;

BTC_lifes = 5;

BTC_black_screen = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 0;

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];]

if (isServer) then

{

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_0];//Editable - define mobile west

BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [mobile_east_0];//Editable - define mobile east

BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent

BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian

};

If you don't use the mobile they should be empty!

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east

If you don't use the mobile they should be empty!

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east

Thanks Giallustio that worked :)

Is anyone else getting the funny animation if a team leader is killed? For now I've set the playable unit to squad leader and it's fine but I'd love to know why it only does it for a team leader lol.

http://members.westnet.com.au/scott_k/not%20much/107410_2013-05-06_00001.png

I seem to be having a problem with the latest update.

Supposedly.. when you die, a black screen fades in and you will be returned to your view showing your soldier lying on the ground and a button to revive (or in the action menu), right?

Well, I'm getting a problem where I'm stuck in the black screen after I died with no respawn option whatsoever. Also, by pressing escape to the menu, you''ll notice you can see through the black screen

and it shows your soldier has already respawned back at the respawn point. You can even move around and fire, but you'll still have the black screen in your way.

Does anyone have any problems like this? I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

I found BUG in v0.9 and Fixed it.

Error log in RPT:

Error in expression <ayer;
player setPos [bTC_respawn_marker select 0,BTC_respawn_marker select 1,500>
 Error position: <select 0,BTC_respawn_marker select 1,500>
 Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

File: =BTC=_functions.sqf

Line: 360

Before:

player setPos [bTC_respawn_marker select 0,BTC_respawn_marker select 1,5000];

I added getMarkerPos.

After:

player setPos [getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker select 0,getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker select 1,5000];

Edited by gagnejp

I've the same code in the rc1...Thank you anyway! ;)

@Giallustio

My pleasure:) and thanks for nice scripts.

I didn't check RC1 LOL

Edited by gagnejp

How can I make it so after the timer goes to 0 the player dies and cannot respawn/revive.

If a mobile respawn vehicle is destroyed at it's original spawn point and you have BTC_mobile_respawn set to "1", the respawning vehicle tries to spawn on the burning hulk and the result is the vehicle is then damaged or destroyed. Pretty much it goes into a never ending loop. Anyone seen this or know how to get around it?

//SinBad

Edited by SinBad-OTF

Sinbad, the functions.sqf has a section near the bottom that deals with respawning the MHQ what i did was take the variable used for the MHQ and did a DeleateVehicle...

And added a sleep 0.1;

so that before the new mhq spawns it deletes the wreck..

I actually posted about this a long time ago. here is what it looks like...

BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn =

{

_veh = _this select 0;

_var = _this select 1;

_set = _this select 2;

_type = typeOf _veh;

_pos = getPos _veh;

_dir = getDir _veh;

waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};

_veh setVariable [_set,0,true];

sleep BTC_mobile_respawn_time;

deleteVehicle _veh;

sleep 0.1;

_veh = _type createVehicle _pos;

_veh setDir _dir;

_veh setVelocity [0, 0, -1];

_veh setVariable [_set,_var,true];

_resp = [_veh,_var,_set] spawn BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn;

_veh setpos _pos;

};

hope that helps.

And because I am a big fan of burning wrecks i have my respawn time set so that the fire and smoke completely die out before the MHQ respawns.. about 300 seconds.

Edited by Lordprimate

Thanks Lordprimate, that did solve the respawning vehicles issue.

Now when the destroyed vehicle respawns, the hint shows that mobile spawn point is again available but doesn't list via the action wheel. The map also shows the mobile spawn points as being deployed and available, so I don't know why they are no longer listed for use. If I don't use your changes and move the vehicle out of the base then destroy it, the vehicle spawns after the time limit and is available on the action wheel again. As a side note, the original vehicle remains where it was destroyed as a burned out hulk.

//SinBad

Edited by SinBad-OTF

I have a problem were I am free falling on the ground when I die.Than when I revive I am free falling and after a few seconds I am able to stand up.Some times It gets stuck in free falling and I can't move.I am using the 0.9 RC1 version because I get a black screen with the regular version.Any ides how I can fix this?Thx

Now when the destroyed vehicle respawns, the hint shows that mobile spawn point is again available but doesn't list via the action wheel. The map also shows the mobile spawn points as being deployed and available, so I don't know why they are no longer listed for use. If I don't use your changes and move the vehicle out of the base then destroy it, the vehicle spawns after the time limit and is available on the action wheel again. As a side note, the original vehicle remains where it was destroyed as a burned out hulk.

//SinBad

Ok I fixed the vehicle spawning on top of the burning hulk problem by editing the =BTC=_functions.sqf and instead of deleting the vehicle as suggested by LordPrimate, I teleported it into the ocean. Even though LordPrimate's changes did work, the mobile spawn was never again available on the action wheel.

I made an empty marker called vehspawn and put it in the ocean and then modified the =BTC=_functions.sqf file as follows:

sleep BTC_mobile_respawn_time;
_veh setPos (getMarkerPos "vehspawn");
sleep 0.1;
_veh  = _type createVehicle _pos;

//SinBad

Ok, I'm at my wits end with this script. I'm loving it to death when it works, but right now it is misbehaving. What the heck am I doing wrong?

#1 - I'm getting the same error others are getting on loading the mission and when respawning. I can live with it, but it's damn annoying.

Error in expression <ayer;

player setPos [bTC_respawn_marker select 0,BTC_respawn_marker select 1,500>

Error position: <select 0,BTC_respawn_marker select 1,500>

Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

#2 - I have respawn set to enabled and infinite number of respawns, however I only get one respawn before I'm locked into the black screen of death where my player is alive and controllable, but completely obstructed by the black screen of doom.

#3 - I'm using default Blufor units with customized gear loaded into their initialization parameters. With the gear respawn enabled it just loads me in with the default loadout for the Blufor. Is there something more I have to do?

#4 - I would like to have my player respawn in a certain location, but have the teleport object hidden via module until it is triggered to show (such as unlocking it as a new spawn point, you respawn at the initial and teleport ahead to the mid point of the mission). The hide/unhide part is working, I'd just like to know if there was an easier way to 'unlock' new respawn points as you progress through a mission.

1,2 and 3 -> Download the latest version, the RC.

4 -> You can simply add the addAction by your self or just move the respawn marker.

Thanks! Armaholic has the old version which was the problem, the version from your page works perfect. On part 4 though, I'm still learning Amra 3's commands, how do you use the addaction and removeaction commands with BTC Revive? Basically what I want to do is have a teleport object that has all of the mobile respawns disabled/hidden/unavailable until players progress through the mission via Blufor=Present trigger. I don't even know how to get the respawn_west moving yet either, sorry =(

I had the same issue Kahna, use an event handler. I will put up what I had for my script later. At work now and can't recall the correct commands or parameters to put in it. I know it's a respawn event handler and it works with the BTC revive script.

Edited by KevsnoTrev

And....somehow it's broke again. It was working fine last night, then today I manned Air Station Mike 26 with OPFOR and created a new forward teleport site using the third MHQ that I defined as a variable. I didn't touch my description, init or any of the BTC files nor did I rename or alter any of the MHQ's or the BTC_base_flag_west... This is the only script I'm using besides Virtual Ammo Box which is still working and was behaving with BTC yesterday. The revive and respawn features still work, what could possibly kill the mobile respawns?

Kahna, try this

_action = player addeventhandler ["respawn",{ ......addaction-code-here......}]

It will need to go in the init.sqf - it works for both respawn and revive without having to edit the code.

Just make sure it is run on the client so put it after

if (!isserver && (player !=player)) then{
   waituntil {player == player};
};

If it does not work you may have to put the addaction into an sqf of its own and call it with an execvm "file.sqf" inside the {} brackets - it sometimes doesn't like running actual code in there.

//SinBad

Hey dude, I too was having the same issue. Once the MHQ is destroyed during a mission, after it respawns it is no longer available to use via the scroll menu on the teleport item.

Is there a fix for this or is it just recommended it is destroyed again for it to work? (actually haven't tested this but will go and test it now.)

I have tried to search for it, but my search skills are not too good and I think someone already have mention this.

When I die and get reveive the support module stops working. Is there a command line I can add so it will load the support request module again? Because I'm creating a mission were arty is important.

Many Thanks