Kahna, try this

_action = player addeventhandler ["respawn",{ ......addaction-code-here......}]

It will need to go in the init.sqf - it works for both respawn and revive without having to edit the code.

Just make sure it is run on the client so put it after

if (!isserver && (player !=player)) then{
   waituntil {player == player};
};

If it does not work you may have to put the addaction into an sqf of its own and call it with an execvm "file.sqf" inside the {} brackets - it sometimes doesn't like running actual code in there.

I'm still learning my way around the codes, what will this do exactly and how should I use it?

Good night,

Giallustio, I have the following doubts, I configured my = BTC = _revive_init as follows:

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 500;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 2;

BTC_black_screen = 0;

BTC_action_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

My problem is that even setting the marked lines, as a doctor I can revive every allied unit infinitely, I wish this could be revived only 2x a mission, this is a bug or my file was edited so wrong?

Edited by Alcaran

Is anyone else experiencing the skydyving bug?

Basically when you get dropped, you hear the person that got hit skydyving before they "go down", then once you first aid them and they get back up, their transition animation and sound is them skydyving again 1 foot above the ground. They have to cycle weapons to make it stop.

Also, would it be possible to make the main menu respawn button work properly to respawn you?

Basically when you get dropped, you hear the person that got hit skydyving before they "go down", then once you first aid them and they get back up, their transition animation and sound is them skydyving again 1 foot above the ground. They have to cycle weapons to make it stop.

Also, would it be possible to make the main menu respawn button work properly to respawn you?

Man, I was having the same problem, I realized that after turning off the respawn in one of the missions of this animation skydiving disappeared, if I turn again spawn the animation returns ... But my bug with infinite revives, with the same setting as in your post above, I do not know how to solve ...

case (side player == independent) ....
case (side player == civilian) .... 

=BTC=_revive_init.sqf line: 90, 91

=BTC=_functions.sqf line: 558, 559, 586, 587, 626, 627,

I have the same issue as well. Before respawn the player will lay on their back and continually try to roll (looks like having a seizure). Once they respawn, they start pulling a Criss Angel and hover in skydive mode right above the ground. I'm stumped.

sorry

case (side player == independent)
should be
case (side player == resistance)

nevermind

*edit*

Giallustio, once my mobile spawn vehicles were destroyed they become unavailable in the selection. Is this a settings issue?

Edited by wildw1ng

Me and my clan have been swapping between this revive script and another, finally deciding that atm this one suits us better, however we have found that with it running BLUFOR units have become a lot weaker with the AI being a lot more accurate and every single shot landed anywhere resulting in death. However OPFOR seem to have become stronger taking several shots before being killed. This only happens when running your script so was wondering if you had any insight into it.

You mean human player or AI?

I didn't script any for the AI...

Human BLUFOR players have become 1 hit kill every time but OPFOR AI has become harder to kill, its hard to describe but the script seems to have created super AI. it may be due to another script we are running in conjunction with it but it only happens when running BTC revive.

Play harder then :P

Jokes apart, You should give me some more details...

Hosted server? Dedicated server? Devs or stable? Scripts u're running with...

Keep in mind that could be "Alpha related"...

Human BLUFOR players have become 1 hit kill every time but OPFOR AI has become harder to kill, its hard to describe but the script seems to have created super AI. it may be due to another script we are running in conjunction with it but it only happens when running BTC revive.

I had this issue too. It was just a change since a recent update. Even though I was on recruit, enemies were put at .80 skill level or something in the game options menu.

I got this to work, but how can I change the names of the mobile spawns? What if I want them to be displayed as "Mobile_HQ_Alpha" and "Mobile_HQ_Bravo"?

I was thinking the lines to change would be these, but when I try to use anything else it fails to work.

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_0, mobile_west_1];

Also, is there a way to change the revive script from the First Aid Kit to the Medikit? Thanks again for making this script, and I hope you can describe how I can make the change.

When i disable the respawn (i only wanna be brought back to life by my teammates) but i have lifes remaining i will still always respawn at the marker "respawn_west" even when respawn is disabled.

BTC_revive_time_min = 2;

BTC_revive_time_max = 10;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_black_screen = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 0;

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

Hey guys! I have made a tutorial on getting BTC working in your missions:

I hope this helps. I've been getting a LOT of requests for this, so I know it's needed.

Good one MacScottie! Just few things...

In the description you need also:

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

It's pretty usefull ;)

At the end you wrote:

"A player must have a first aid kit to revive another player"

Not true, you can disable that feature in the revive init.

I didn't play the game for a while but i'm pretty sure that when a player is revived he gets 100% health, even if the healer is not a medic. I think that the devs didn't change it.

More update will follow after the Beta!

;)

PS

If you agree i could add the video in the first page, let me know!

Allright. I semi-corrected the two errors with annotations. That first one was a big error too. I feel stupid :(

Maybe I should just remake the whole video...

But hell yes you can put the video on the topic! :D

ok I'm still seeing the same old bugs as the previous version with one new one.

1. If you get shot you automatically switch to your pistol. Doesn't matter if you die or not. This is a new one and a game breaker.

2. After getting killed you are laying on your back and twitching like you are trying to roll back over. (Saw this in the last version.)

3. If you respawn you are at the respawn location in free-fall about 2 inches off the ground for a couple of seconds. (Again, saw this in the previous version as well.)

Any help here guys? Starting to get really frustrated with this script.

And thanks MacScottie for the video. Made setting this up a lot easier. Now to get these bugs fixed.

-----------------------

Followup:

I tried just running the mission that comes with the download and that tosses errors and when you die your back at the respawn alive behind a black screen. Hitting esc lets you see past the black screen.

Edited by ChardWreck

No mate, it's a game, don't get frustrated, play without the script and have fun ;)

I tried just running the mission that comes with the download and that tosses errors and when you die your back at the respawn alive behind a black screen. Hitting esc lets you see past the black screen.

That's just the error I'm trying to eliminate, are you trying to use it without the respawn vehicle too?

The error I'm getting looks a bit long to be displayed but the text I get reads:

'...ayer;

player setPos [bTC_respawn_marker |#|select 0,BTC_respawn_marker select 1500...'

Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

If I'm reading that right, I've messed up the script somewhere with text instead of numbers. I've made this a multiplayer mission but I'm testing it by myself, could the issue be just because I've not got anyone else connected while I'm testing?

Edited by Alias001

I just have a quick simple question before i add this to my mission ,

me and a friend play and we each have a 4 man ai squad with us , we are both team leaders , will the ai revive us and will the ai revive each other ?

thanks

Only human players, AI not supported.

@Alias001

Before complain about errors you could try to download the latest version...

ok Thanks for the quick response , Will ai support be added in the future ?