Version 0.92

- Added carry option (it has some "view" problems but it works, i think you have to deal with it)

- Added 3d Icons

- Small fixes

Already in the next release!

Thank you Vaulter! ;)

Suggest you to remove temp vars and change wide class LandVehicle to more narrow:

{
	{ if (isPlayer _x && _x in BTC_who_can_revive) then {_men = _men + [_x];};} foreach crew _x;
} foreach nearestObjects [_pos, ["Car", "Motorcycle", "Tank", "Helicopter", "Plane", "Ship"], 500];

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Vaulter

Why?

remind docs about LandVehicle - its ok here, i thought about "AllVehicles". so just

["LandVehicle", "Air", "Ship"]

here

as for temp vars - its just impact performance without any need.

Sorry if this has already been asked but is it normal that you have to wait about 10 seconds or so before you get the heal options on somebody who's been killed?

Giallustio, Still getting an issue with vehicle respawn. The vehicle respawns correctly and shows on the map, all the hints (mhq deployed etc..) show up correctly, however still not getting the addaction back in the box/flag/whatever.

Also to the poster above me, yes its normal. The script takes time to get the player position, set a marker and move the dead player back to that position. It also starts the animation for the body, wounded animation and adds the gear back to the units inventory. It takes a few seconds to do so. Its not controllable, so there is nothing he can do about it I believe.

@clydefrog

WildFire6 is right, the script takes some time but make sure to set the RespawnDelay to 1.

@WildFire6

I'll recheck it but it works for me. I'll try to find the problem.

Does anyone try the new 3d icon?

Bugs with 0.92

* If a player is dead, being carried on another soldier's back and hits the respawn button they will spawn back at the base stuck in the 'carried' animation and are unable to move. They have to disconnect and reconnect to fix it.

* Not sure what is causing this one, but after awhile the 'dead' 3D markers vanish and the medic is no longer able to revive anyone when they stop functioning.

Respawn = Base (also use If Then's to check player classes to setPos GetMarkerPos for pilot, diver and armor respawns, but it also does it to anyone who just respawns by default at respawn_west).

Respawn Delay = 1s and the Can Revive Timer (your script) is also 1s.

is there a way I can use this system with "GROUP" respawn instead of "BASE"? I like to use group respawn in my missions

Sure. We'll probably put it through it's paces this weekend. Had to rollback temporarily to 0.91 because of the medic's inability to revive and the respawn glitches with the fireman's carry (glad I always keep about 5 versions back of my maps).

Taskforce 91 Public Servers running the Insurgency[AEGIS] mission has all of the stuff I'm working on which includes your Revive, TK and Logistic scripts (love them!) if you ever wanted to check it out.

The problem is that we're still playing A2 with my clan and i can't test a lot. I have less and less time available in these day....

@wildfire6

I am having this same issue on our mission. The script works correctly for a while and after 20-30 mins stops working. At the same time the BTC logistics stops as well.(currently running 91)

I have tried 92 and even 93rc1 and both of those gave me these errors:

93rc1:

if(_x getVariable "BTC_need_revive" select 0 == 1) then {
_show = false;
}; >
 Error position: <select 0 == 1) then {
_show = false;
}; >
 Error select: Type Number, expected Array,Config entry
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\misc\playerMarkers.sqf, line 34
Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0

92:

'...en{if (_x getVariable "BTC_need_revive" |#|select 0 == 1 && (playerdistance _x) < ...'
Error Generic error in expression
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\misc\medicMarkers.sqf, line 20

Top one came from my rpt and the 92 i copied from the screen. Both appeared as the annoying black boxed text on the screen that didn't go away if your a medic.

Well, both of them show an error that is not part of the BTC revive. As you can see the errors are in:

misc\playerMarkers.sqf

misc\medicMarkers.sqf

The getVariable command has an error:

_x getVariable "BTC_need_revive" select 0 == 1

should be

(_x getVariable "BTC_need_revive") == 1

I tried various variations and the only one that actually works for us is:

((format ["%1", _x getVariable "BTC_need_revive" select 0] == "1") && ((player distance _x) < 500))

Edited by tomturner

Yea I have downgraded back to .91 and I do not get anymore errors on screen. However, After about Half-hour of play, if the mobile Hq gets destroyed, it will respawn, show the marker as being deployed but there is never any option to teleport to the HQ. It respawns like it should. Gives the notice that it is available. I no longer have the BTC logi scripting failing either.

Hi Giallustio,

What would be the best way to use this together with respawn template "MenuPosition" ?

Currently when player dies you first get the respawn selection, and only after selecting respawn point, player turns on back and is ready for revive.

Best way would be to first have the revive etc, and upon hitting respawn or time running out to switch to the respawn template....

Appreciate any hits on how to implement :) cheers !

Hmm, I started having problems tonight with the script. Might be because I tried .92 and the .93 RC and then fell back to .91, but I'm seeing a few issues now.

1) People spawning with some gear missing (maps, vests, etc)

2) People can be revived once, but then the option is no longer available to revive them.

.94 on the horizon anytime soon? :)

If no one reports bugs how could i work on the new version? :P

i set the mobile respawn timer really high 3600 seconds and it seems to break after it spawns, the mobile spawn is still displayed on the map but the object used to teleport doesn't work anymore. and also i wanted to add more than 1 unit type to be able to revive "B_medic_F" and "B_officer_F" but when i try to add 2 values it doesn't seem to work. beta(dev)

BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F","B_officer_F"]; ??

thanks in advance your scripts are awesome!

Would be nice to get a credit for those 3D Icons, Giallustio, seeing as Ahoy World were the ones who put them in about 1 or 2 months ago. :)

3d icons it's a BI feature and the system it's quite different, but if you want the credits there're no problem for me. I made them in my C&H a lot time ago but honestly i don't want to have a fight for such trifle ;)

I'm trying to understand what's wrong with these markers...sometime they just disappear.