I do have the marker 'respawn_west', but I don't have the 'BTC_base_flag_west' object because I've disabled the mobile respawn and don't have any of them listed in the init file and didn't think it was necessary.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Just tested. Commenting out that code block does get rid of the error message. No idea if it causes any other issues with it being commented out though. While I'm not a scripter by any means it appears that is checking if the player has any weapons in their backpack, and if so, it will re-add it on spawn. But that's just a guess...

While I'm not a scripter by any means it appears that is checking if the player has any weapons in their backpack, and if so, it will re-add it on spawn. But that's just a guess...

That is what it looks like it is meant for, but as BTC_back_pack_weap = nothing, the code can't select or count anything the way I see it

Blitzer134, those files you uploaded that you said was version 0.91 is not, they are full of stuff like this:

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en" xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#" xml:lang="en" class="" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><script type="text/javascript">window._document_observe_listeners = []; document.observe = function(event, func) { window._document_observe_listeners.push({event: event, func: func}); }; window._jquery_ready_handlers = []; jQuery = function(handler) { window._jquery_ready_handlers.push(handler); }; function on_script_loaded(func) { (window.LoadedJsSuccessfully && document.loaded) ? func() : document.observe('script:loaded', func); }</script> <link href="https://dt8kf6553cww8.cloudfront.net/static/images/favicon-vflonlsct.ico" rel="shortcut icon" /><link href="https://dt8kf6553cww8.cloudfront.net/static/css/main-vflb1WzfT.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /><link href="https://dt8kf6553cww8.cloudfront.net/static/css/web_sprites-vfljCGxVa.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /><link href="https://dt8kf6553cww8.cloudfront.net/static/images/dropbox_webclip-vflO8tEZ4.png" rel="apple-touch-icon" /><link href="/w3c/p3p.xml" rel="P3Pv1" /><script type="text/javascript">window.ST=+new Date();</script><meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="content-type" /><meta content="Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!" name="description" /><meta content="online storage, free storage, file sharing, share files,

awesome, cloud storage, online backup, cross platform, sync, sharing, mac,

I don't really know what all that is, but it's not BTC revive.

huh ? removed it days ago so its not there anymore

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

put back up same link sure you haven't mixed up your scripts or something?

its clearly revive in my dropbox

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

just downloaded it through my dropbox I have none of that could someone check I have no idea what that gibberish is or what you did or how you downloaded it when I removed it days ago after you said you had it?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/86cmaq9rqq6cebs/IPfncXDY5w also same link as last page

Edited by Blitzer134
put link in

Hi,

Is there anyway for the revive to count towards lives? (eg. player can be revived say 3 times but no respawn?)

I believe in previous versions that revive and respawn both counted towards life count but in the latest one its only respawns that count which unfortunately isn't what I need for making missions where I don't want any respawn available: eg. 600 seconds to be revived, after that you bleed out and die: not respawn.

Cheers

V

huh ? removed it days ago so its not there anymore

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

put back up same link sure you haven't mixed up your scripts or something?

its clearly revive in my dropbox

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

just downloaded it through my dropbox I have none of that could someone check I have no idea what that gibberish is or what you did or how you downloaded it when I removed it days ago after you said you had it?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/86cmaq9rqq6cebs/IPfncXDY5w also same link as last page

Must be how I downloaded them from that site, if you right click on the file and save it, even though it says the link is to the .sqf, it downloads the .sqf but it is full of website stuff. I just tried it again now and it's the same. It's fine if you click the file then click download on the next page.

Edited by clydefrog

click on the download in the top right and download as zip

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

you must have right clicked saved target as "????/.htm" then tried to edit the html link:D

Edited by Blitzer134
typo

click on the download in the top right and download as zip

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

you must have right clicked saved target as "????/.htm" then tried to edit the html link:D

haha no, because it doesn't download them as html files, it downloads them as sqfs with the full proper filename, they are just full of html etc.

strange

if you right click then save target as it saved a file on my desktop(or where ever you save it) html with same gibberish you put there,then asks you to download sqf file

if you right click then save target as it saved a file on my desktop html with same gibberish you put there,

I use firefox, the option you get is "Save link as" and it saves them as what it says at the bottom left of the screen, it downloaded them for me with their proper file names, just replaced everything in them with that crap. Anyways it's sorted now you just need to use the download links and not right click save on them.

Hi,

Is there anyway for the revive to count towards lives? (eg. player can be revived say 3 times but no respawn?)

I believe in previous versions that revive and respawn both counted towards life count but in the latest one its only respawns that count which unfortunately isn't what I need for making missions where I don't want any respawn available: eg. 600 seconds to be revived, after that you bleed out and die: not respawn.

Cheers

V

I have the exact same problem and cant find any answer to the question at any place. Tried a lot of combinations in the =BTC=_revive_init file, but haven't had any success yet.

Cheers

O

Did you set marker named 'respawn_west' and any object named 'BTC_base_flag_west'?

Yes, and still getting the same error. The player respawns at the botton on the left corner, not near the "respawn_west". Any idea?

Do you leave the arrays empty if you are not using the mobile feature?

Hey Giallustio, quick question, what does this code block do in the =BTC=_functions.sqf?

if (count (BTC_back_pack_weap select 0) > 0) then 
{
	for "_i" from 0 to (count (BTC_back_pack_weap select 0) - 1) do
	{
		(unitBackpack _unit) addweaponCargoGlobal [(BTC_back_pack_weap select 0) select _i,(BTC_back_pack_weap select 1) select _i];
	};			
};

That was the only section throwing an error for me after the last patch, and I commented it out. Seems like everything is working fine without it, so just wanted to check with the boss. :)

For some reason when I get killed in my mission I instantly respawn where I was standing when I died. I disabled mobile respawn exactly how the tutorial and the videos described.

when in briefing I get an error that says

"Undefined variable in expression btc_get_gear".

I deleted all of the script for BTC gear and revive started working, yet I would like to have BTC gear enabled.

Any help would be much appreciated.

MeatBallCB it appears to be a routine to give you back any weapons you have in your backpack.

Can you give the error someone may give you advice to fix it.?

Is it possible to have it when a player has used all his lifes with the BTC revive script instead of just having the black screen he can instead use a spectator mode until the end of the game?

Also is it possible to set it so Bluefor can not respawn (but can still be revived) and opfor has unlimited respawns (can also be revived)?

I will be using this with a TvT Mission

Of course you can, but you have to script it ;)

Got any guidelines on what code I need to add/edit? Thats if im allowed to edit your script.

I'm away from my pc and i can't help you properly...for the spectating you should edit the fnc called btc_out_of_life...i can't remember the exact name...

I'm away from my pc and i can't help you properly...for the spectating you should edit the fnc called btc_out_of_life...i can't remember the exact name...

Okay thanks :)

If you have any more hints then feel free to pm me

Is it possible to have it when a player has used all his lifes with the BTC revive script instead of just having the black screen he can instead use a spectator mode until the end of the game?

Good question that alexharvey52.

I want to know that too.

I found fnc called "BTC_out_of_lifes" in "=BTC=_functions.sqf". but I have no idea to how to edit scripting.

Please help me too.

Okay, I finally managed to get a screenshot of the error I was getting with your revive script, the exact text is:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'.

Is it possible it's just a typo causing this? I haven't seen too many instances where its okay to have both \ and / in the same line. Could it possibly be the . at the end of the line? It sounds too simple to have been missed but then I once lost a week of work debugging a program when I used an upper case O instead of a 0

Hey Giallustio - I know you mentioned you'd look at this at some point. Did you ever figure out what causes that?