SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Thanks :) yes the custom key are bit troubled. Mods may disable those too or not sure if there have been some changes in game that ended those be more unstable. May check that at some point.

Seems like its better I backup the project to USB sticks again ;) Enjoying UE4 fully so I am afraid WLA stays very halted. Will be big obstacle to return so far BIS sees no conflict how they selected the winners. My delusional mind dont and will not see the logic. But BIS have the ball - if they want me create somekind of WLA DLC for Tanoa, would return in second. Loosing the prices was so big fall that dont want to continue working for free another years again. I believe the WLA SP project have grown so far that its passed over hobby project to ~standalone own (early access) small indie game (or more like expansion or DLC). Dont want to be only just a modder forever. Want to create some own game(s) and that is dead end with arma currently. I believe WLA is an unique own consept that BIS couldnt create by themselves since game industry forces all content to be schematic. I could offer something chaotic content instead.

But not that mad. Just needed to do something new that required scene change.

Edited by SaOk

I agree. Mods like WLA, Alive and DUWS are what Arma 3 should have shipped with on release day. Because on release day there was NOTHING in terms of free form gameplay. There was a fraction of a campaign, and nothing else.

If they move on to Arma 4 without incorporating the developments of modders such as you, i'm afraid we will see even less content on release.

But all that said, know that all of us are very thankful of the hard work put in. In its current state it is still a bloody good, maybe even the best, modern military warfare simulator on the gaming market.

When i say that statement, i mean With your mods. Naturally.

Arma is one of those games, like the Total War games, or Civilization, or even Minecraft, that really need the modding support to truly shine and become what it had the potential to be.

This said, may i ask another dumb newbie question? Whats the preffered way to play? With the mission.pbo file or the loose folder? :D

I mean when ARMA 3 came out they had no campaign no multiplayer but were relying on the community to make the content for them which compare to a lot of games come with basics. In my opinion your mission is what ARMA mission should be a living environment where you dont know what to expect around the next corner. I play your MP version am not a fan of controlling stupid arma AI in the single player mission not to mention let them drive anywhere unless you want a forest cut down. I feel like their take on judging which mission/mod to give a prize to is like judging book by its cover and when i heard they only took a tiny amount of time to make a judgement. Your mission is the only thing that i play.

Jesus christ man this is the best singleplayer mod for arma 3... I'd hate to see it rust, which it already is.

I mean would you be willing to release all the stuff required for someone to take the torch?

Sure, modifications are okay so far there is no money taken (what happened with one guy modding DUWS). The mission pbo can be unpacked easily.

@Baleur, pbo is probably better way to play or similar to unpacked.

This is how the UE4 project looks so far. Very work in progress, much stuff still waiting to be done and tweaked. Going to blend different gameplay/ideas together again.

I cannot find the resolution to this so I'm posting here.

When trying to use maps from the allinarmaterrainpack I get an error trying to play WLA with them. The map mod loads fine and I can go into the editor with say the Chenarus map but when I try to play WLA with the WholeLottaAltis.Chenarus.pbo in the mission directory I get two error messages that pop up and then it launches WLA with the Stratus map.

The error messages are both:

"No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Chenarus'.

I'm fairly new to Arma so it's possible I just mucked something up but I think I've done everything correctly. Any help is appreciated.

Hi, :) you are missing one r - should be WholeLottaAltis.Chernarus.pbo

Hi, :) you are missing one r - should be WholeLottaAltis.Chernarus.pbo

Well, lookie there. That worked. :o Thanks!

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Ok, now that I can actually play on the maps I wanted to use, I wanted to see if you guys who play have some favorite starting strategies. What do you guys choose are your first target for take over? What kind of buildings/bases do you build? What should I focus on in the early game?

I really like the mod I just think I kind of suck at it and could use some suggestions on how to suck less.

Edited by 18Rabbit

18Rabbit I always try to get to capture a airfield so that way when you attack a enemy base you can call in air support keep in mind to have lots of prestige points because air assets are gonna cost like 500 points so if you dont have enough try and do smaller missions and try to capture at least a factory, storage or power so that way you get more prestige points over time while you do other tasks. I have played this mission on Altis, Cherno, Saurland and Napf.

To take over an airfield do you just need to build a fortress and put an AA there? What all should I be building to secure it?

You need to place a guard post and ai static of your choice to capture it. If it doesn't capture with in like 30 sec there might be some enemy around take them out and it should capture it. If its captured look at your map and it should turn green if its captured.

you have given all the world's options but I believe not the simple option to select player side at the start?

Which Playerside? You can not play as Opfor or Independent. Simple, isnt it?

I think he must be referring to MP mission which i think it gives you option to join the opfor side. By default in SP there is no option you can only play Nato.

18Rabbit where do you live I am from Australia if you want i can give you a rundown on most of the things this mission has its the only mission i play these days. The other thing is i am a Mod junkie i like to play with lots of different toys and can give you some ideas on which mods to use.

Would it be possible to add a option that gives AI in your squad infinite ammo? Or clips / magazines, rather. That way they have to reload still. The reason I ask is my squad is constantly complaining about having no ammo. They have to stop every few minutes to search corpses for ammo. I spend more time managing their ammo then I do playing the actual game. I think the problem is they're only looting like one clip at a time instead of loading up. I can order ammo boxes but they don't seem interested in grabbing ammo from it.

I want to play as OPFOR. Simple isnt it?

So if you want to play as OPFOR... reprogram all the mission by yourself. Simple isnt it?

Would it be possible to add a option that gives AI in your squad infinite ammo? Or clips / magazines, rather. That way they have to reload still. The reason I ask is my squad is constantly complaining about having no ammo. They have to stop every few minutes to search corpses for ammo. I spend more time managing their ammo then I do playing the actual game. I think the problem is they're only looting like one clip at a time instead of loading up. I can order ammo boxes but they don't seem interested in grabbing ammo from it.

Press the AppKey for the mission custom menu, and click on autoResupply, that will disable ai's automatically searching corpses even when they have ammo.

Honestly it sucks because they even leave vehicles to go looking for ammo even if they never fired a shot. I've had tank gunners and fully loaded apc drivers literally stop and get out to search a corpse far away, in the middle of combat.

So if you want to play as OPFOR... reprogram all the mission by yourself. Simple isnt it?

Wow you 2 guys are 5 year old whining babies. Isnt it?

[...]my squad is constantly complaining about having no ammo.

If they run any sidearms make sure to give them 2-3 pistol magazines.

If there is no chance to give them magazines for their sidearms at a given situation, just put their secondary weapons into their backpack or drop them on the ground ;)

Simple idea isnt always quick to add. Mostly could change the player side using notepad++ replace system, but there is so much loops (probably much over 1000 functions with much loops each) and tasks (~75) are made for specific side (also the poor story), that it will be quite big task. It would be more simple if I had orginally designed all scripts to work in both ways, but just been creating this consept using blufor. That have also made converting the MP version very annoying.

The rearming function dont yet support crates. Strange if they leave vehicles to pick new weapon and stuck in loop, it worked earlier. Also heard some animations have started to get stuck again. Might take a look at it at some point. New GUI have also been quite WIP with issues still to tweak.

I've found that a lot of my squad complaints about ammo are because they didn't spawn with 40mm grenades for their grenade launchers.

Also, is there a way to refresh/reload the WLA overlay? I've noticed that sometimes it just goes away and I can no longer see how much total prestige I have.

I've downloaded the coop 8 version of this mod and I'm trying to figure things out this seems so massive that it is assaulting my brain with 1000 things to do at once.

Is there a manual for this mod somewhere ? Also for now I just like to figure out the plr rights button, why is it greyed out ? I'm the squad leader shouldn't I be able to give rights to others ?

Using the RHS mods, i see some default Slammers and such spawning when you set up your first main base. Is this intentional for compatability reasons, or an unforseen oversight?

Overall, still love this mission :)

can you teach me to call artillery fire in MP Mission? I try to press 0-8 and it's nothing 

P.S I have already buy Sandstorm.