SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I needed to get Win10 since Win7 only supported only 16Gb. Certain editor reached that limit quickly. When comparing to Win7, the Win10 runs much faster. Mostly have liked this so far, but not sure if its better than Win8. There is much alternative programs to edit SQF so wont be problem. I will get started in very near day.

you could upgrade to windows 8 atleast its better then windows 10 not saying windows 8 is better then 7 but meh its true windows 7 can only handle 16 gigs but eh to be honest windows 8 would be a better option then windows 10

Its already in the game to disable fatigue just pres Shift + 1 options and go down to fatigue and disable it and the revive script if you dont die and you have a medic nearby he heals you and you get right back up :o

if you have life range down to default and have it on easy aswell as disabling animals and half ambient life it should do your fps some good.

i dont see having to rely on support a bad thing in real life you would get support like that and you have your troops you should be able to do just fine if you know how to make strategic plays.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them. It couldn't hurt because I really do love the idea of this scenario.

I guess what I was saying is that because we have the ability to spawn in friendly troops at the snap of a finger, I feel like the scenario has been made unrealistically hard and chaotic as a result. It's just the design philosophy I have a problem with, I guess. I feel like this insta-spawn feature is what's driving the battles rather then keeping it as a tool in your back pocket just incase things get out of hand.

It's like things are always out of hand because the game knows we can call in support any time we'd like.

I'll admit that's just a matter of opinion on my end and I get where you're coming from. I'll try dropping the difficultly and see how it goes.

I needed to get Win10 since Win7 only supported only 16Gb.

If you mean the RAM, why you dont get the Professional or higher Version of win 7? This is always better than 8 or 10.

I have the Ultimate ^^

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:

• Starter: 8GB
  • Home Basic: 8GB
  • Home Premium: 16GB
  • Professional: 192GB
  • Enterprise: 192GB
  • Ultimate: 192GB

Alright. So in response to my last post I'm going to give this a crack focusing on solid performance. I love what this mission offers as it's brilliant in a lot of ways so if I can get my FPS stable-ish, I'll enjoy it a lot more I think.

I just learned today that this scenario has its own saving system. Perhaps using the vanilla was why things became a mess?

Anyway, what's the recommended way to load a saved game? Is it to save using WLA's save function, and then restart the mission? I'm assuming I'll get asked to load a previous save even when I click "restart" then?

EDIT: Been using the "restart/load" option instead of vanilla saving and performance over 3 hours has been the best it's ever been with this mission! I wish I had tried this before.

I forgot about this from before.

Something is causing me to take damage from campfires. I'd say within a 10 foot radius to a fire I get hurt.

Is there anything I can do or edit on my end to fix this? Or a mod of some sort?

Also, all of my on-screen-displays are cut off so I can't read them in full. This includes the blue screens where conversation texts are written and also the prestige (etc) bar.

Alright. So in response to my last post I'm going to give this a crack focusing on solid performance. I love what this mission offers as it's brilliant in a lot of ways so if I can get my FPS stable-ish, I'll enjoy it a lot more I think.

I just learned today that this scenario has its own saving system. Perhaps using the vanilla was why things became a mess?

Anyway, what's the recommended way to load a saved game? Is it to save using WLA's save function, and then restart the mission? I'm assuming I'll get asked to load a previous save even when I click "restart" then?

EDIT: Been using the "restart/load" option instead of vanilla saving and performance over 3 hours has been the best it's ever been with this mission! I wish I had tried this before.

use the save option in wla's menu then restart the mission whenever you go back in to play and continue previous saved game ( but beware Note: from experience after a certain objective i think or after a certain amount of time i dont know which it is but the 3D icons bug out and wont show no matter how many times you restart so the only way to fix it is by starting a new game entirely i dont know why this is an issue but just certain side missions you might not be able to do cause you wont be able to see the 3D icons in the distance sadly. )

I forgot about this from before.

Something is causing me to take damage from campfires. I'd say within a 10 foot radius to a fire I get hurt.

Is there anything I can do or edit on my end to fix this? Or a mod of some sort?

Also, all of my on-screen-displays are cut off so I can't read them in full. This includes the blue screens where conversation texts are written and also the prestige (etc) bar.

sadly that's game mechanics if you ask me its BS but meh I'd say just stay away from the caveman fire XD

use the save option in wla's menu then restart the mission whenever you go back in to play and continue previous saved game ( but beware Note: from experience after a certain objective i think or after a certain amount of time i dont know which it is but the 3D icons bug out and wont show no matter how many times you restart so the only way to fix it is by starting a new game entirely i dont know why this is an issue but just certain side missions you might not be able to do cause you wont be able to see the 3D icons in the distance sadly. )

You know, I just want to apologize to SaOk for being as harsh as I was about the difficulty a couple of posts back. Darkking, when you framed it with my character being in a position of power enough to call in that support, from a roleplaying perspective, I really ate it all up last night and had the most fun with ARMA in forever. I'm also a better player now than I was before so I was much more adept on feet when enemy units reigned hell upon me. :)

Regarding the 3D icons, are you saying the mission can't actually be beaten right now? If so, that is a damn shame because last night was so much fun. I really like the story and feel like the scenario would lose its magic without the side missions. I'm not sure if this is allowed but is there an older stable version from Dropbox somewhere I can download so I can play this mission to its end?

Like I said above, I'm also having that issue with the OSD's in general being cut off which is kind of a problem in itself. I've seen YouTube Let's Plays of WLA so I know it was stable-ish and "beatable" at one point. I'd love to play that version even if some of the newer features aren't in it.

Also, that damn East Wind lighting preset is fantastic! It's so crisp and clear and man oh man the lensflare from the sunrise! :) Is that available as a standalone that I can use for non-WLA ARMA? After having used that I never want to see vanilla lighting again!

SaOk, again, sorry for being harsh on the difficulty. When playing it from a different mindset, it all started to make sense and I thank Darkknight for framing it to me that way. I'm so used to being a grunt in ARMA I guess I'm not used to being an important soldier of rank. Knowing that this all makes sense.

I urge you to give us one last update. Even if it's something small to hot fix the 3D icons and OSD's being cut off.

You know, I just want to apologize to SaOk for being as harsh as I was about the difficulty a couple of posts back. Darkking, when you framed it with my character being in a position of power enough to call in that support, from a roleplaying perspective, I really ate it all up last night and had the most fun with ARMA in forever. I'm also a better player now than I was before so I was much more adept on feet when enemy units reigned hell upon me. :)

Regarding the 3D icons, are you saying the mission can't actually be beaten right now? If so, that is a damn shame because last night was so much fun. I really like the story and feel like the scenario would lose its magic without the side missions. I'm not sure if this is allowed but is there an older stable version from Dropbox somewhere I can download so I can play this mission to its end?

Like I said above, I'm also having that issue with the OSD's in general being cut off which is kind of a problem in itself. I've seen YouTube Let's Plays of WLA so I know it was stable-ish and "beatable" at one point. I'd love to play that version even if some of the newer features aren't in it.

Also, that damn East Wind lighting preset is fantastic! It's so crisp and clear and man oh man the lensflare from the sunrise! :) Is that available as a standalone that I can use for non-WLA ARMA? After having used that I never want to see vanilla lighting again!

SaOk, again, sorry for being harsh on the difficulty. When playing it from a different mindset, it all started to make sense and I thank Darkknight for framing it to me that way. I'm so used to being a grunt in ARMA I guess I'm not used to being an important soldier of rank. Knowing that this all makes sense.

I urge you to give us one last update. Even if it's something small to hot fix the 3D icons and OSD's being cut off.

I think after you capture a Csat camp i think its then when you save then close out and then come back again your 3D icons dont seem to appear for side missions and main missions but you can still do them you just have to guess normally where they might spawn its hard to explain lets say a supply truck broke in pygros but you dont know its there cause the 3D icon isnt appearing for it so technically you'd be thinking forever on where it is since you cant see the 3D icon now when you open the map you can still see like Nato Base and Green Base those arent the icons im talking about its the icon when you accept a mission it tells you where it is and how far you are from it. so techincally you can still finish the game i think but you wont be able to so like fix and return a supply truck that's broken down cause it wont show it on the map so they only way you have to go by is the 3D icon which gets buggy later during the mission. ( I hope I made sense in what I said )

apparently another bug i encounter well technically i dont know if you can consider it one during the save of the resistance pow near the beginning of the mission but after taking out the guards and talking to him it doesnt do the animation anymore the cut scene for it and the text go like lightning quick like 1 second you will see a text bubble then the next its gone its like speedy gonzales XD

Picture of 3D Icon's Below

930pjV6.jpg

• Like 1

I have bin playing WLA alot its my favorite mission of all time DUWS before wla was my faveorite so both are on par now but wla is just a bit more better i have played it so much that im use to the whole mission and know almost every bit by heart up to the 8 chapter that's as far as i have gone before i was like meh let me take a break and usually end up starting anew again later cause of buggy 3D icons

• Like 1

No worries :) will get started now.

• Like 3

btw saok when doing the side mission from ally's i cant build more roadblocks was that your intention or is there a way to do so?

oh also one tiny its bitsy bug i dont think it will take much effort but when placing static vehicles the MG and GL are switched so Mg is GL and Gl is MG

Does this mean what I think it means? Are you giving us an update? :)

SaOk, just a couple hours in:

1. Most of the on screen displays are completely cut off. This includes the Prestige bar in the top left and the display on screen when people are talking.

2. If you are anywhere near a campfire you take damage. I tested this in Antistasi and Hunter Six and fire are working normal in those missions. You only take damage when right on top. In WLA if you are anywhere near, I'd say 10 feet, you take damage.

3. Apparently the side mission markers break after awhile.

I think these are pretty important. I know you've moved on to bigger and better things but if you could hotfix these I would be on cloud 9.

You're the man SaOk! Thanks so much for checking in!

Does this mean what I think it means? Are you giving us an update? :)

SaOk, just a couple hours in:

1. Most of the on screen displays are completely cut off. This includes the Prestige bar in the top left and the display on screen when people are talking.

2. If you are anywhere near a campfire you take damage. I tested this in Antistasi and Hunter Six and fire are working normal in those missions. You only take damage when right on top. In WLA if you are anywhere near, I'd say 10 feet, you take damage.

3. Apparently the side mission markers break after awhile.

I think these are pretty important. I know you've moved on to bigger and better things but if you could hotfix these I would be on cloud 9.

You're the man SaOk! Thanks so much for checking in!

1. it only happens if you load saves via the game and not via wla's own save feature you need to use wla's own save and load feature

2.nothing to say

3. all marker's break not just side missions ( other then that nothing to say )

Adding my own below

Hotfix

( if possible ) GL and MG vehicles ( just a swap so they correspond to their names )

( if possible ) Ability to Create Roadblocks and Camp's as in like the Csat camps we can make our own camps so we are able to use the military shop button ( that would be awesome )

( if possible ) Ability to see better previews of what you build.

that's pretty much it

Darkking, I'm not sure about you, but from the very beginning most of my OSD's are cut off. This is from mission start. For instance, when taking a chopper in, the dialogue during the very first cutscene is cut off.

And the Prestige stats in the top left are cut off too.

Again, this is from the very very beginning. It has nothing to do with saving or loading. It's like this from the get go.

If you have some mods activated this could be the reason for issues. Some mods are not compatible with WLA i guess, thats why your mission cant initialize correctly.

For sure the issue is on your side, could not reproduce your issues

Screen ratio or resolution may affect GUI. I will look into what could be missing.

Darkking, I'm not sure about you, but from the very beginning most of my OSD's are cut off. This is from mission start. For instance, when taking a chopper in, the dialogue during the very first cutscene is cut off.

And the Prestige stats in the top left are cut off too.

Again, this is from the very very beginning. It has nothing to do with saving or loading. It's like this from the get go.

Screen ratio or resolution may affect GUI. I will look into what could be missing.

weird i play on 1920x 1080 res and i dont think you want me to go through my mod list cause I'd probably list a good 60-80 mods at the least lol ( im a heavy modder meaning i play with tons and tons of mods to enhance a experience after playing it vanilla ) as for the beginning and when im in the chopper everything is a ok for me here's my settings

BboOvlB.jpg

tmvBrzX.jpg

eE6V2eP.jpg

If you have some mods activated this could be the reason for issues. Some mods are not compatible with WLA i guess, thats why your mission cant initialize correctly.

For sure the issue is on your side, could not reproduce your issues

Which issues can't be reproduced?

Anyway, if you guys can't duplicate the OSD/campfire damage problems I can live with that. But obviously the mission marker breaking thing is much more serious and I would love if at least that one could get fixed.

I've only got 3 mods activated (Laxemann's sound/CBA/Laxemann's Sonic Cracks) but I'll disable them and see if anything changes.

Very strange (your settings are near the same so something hides the GUI), but will do longer testing sessions but mod conflict is possible too. Already fixed the radar par that went sometimes over the up par. Also quick dialog text. Got stucked in wounded mode which I need to repair next. Jumping between the UE4 (just resetuped near 1000 anims during over 4hours  :D ) and arma3, probably will release the tweaks in multiple updates since arma edit is just slow to work with.

The campfire problem is confirmed, i know it takes a ton of damage, even when 5 meters away from fireplace. What you mean exactly with the OSD ?

you know what i just noticed that i wish was put into WLA? :/ the ability to call in platoons that can carry other's like csat does :/ i wish i could use that ability for resupplying and carrying my anti air places lol

i just got my butt kicked on a separate side of the map cause all my anti air was on the othersie and they were also waiting for resupply which was again with my AA units lol

saok if it isnt too difficult could you add another section in call in platoons for carrier's? so that i can use chopper's or planes to deliver from 1 side of the map to the other?

this is a current picture of my hud just took it a few seconds ago the pictures before the reason my hud wasnt there is cause i was just showing my settings

rj6pbAm.jpg

The campfire problem is confirmed, i know it takes a ton of damage, even when 5 meters away from fireplace. What you mean exactly with the OSD ?

this is a current picture of my hud just took it a few seconds ago the pictures before the reason my hud wasnt there is cause i was just showing my settings

rj6pbAm.jpg

Ok. This confirms the Prestige menu is only broken on my end. As we can see in the photo, his looks right.

Mine is cut off just below the word "Prestige." Obviously it's not broken. Something must be wrong with my set up.

OSD= On Screen Display

Oh. I asked this before but didn't get a reply.

Is the "East Wind" shader preset available as a standalone? I want all of my ARMA to look like this. :)