SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

SaOk, your mission is one of the best there is. I would like to thank you for your time and dedication to this mission.:)

Thanks, updated the mission with the new game content: (tanks, artillery, static guns, other new vehicles, more civs, FIA side...) + some other tweak/fixes. See first post for links.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there is also new support menu to access with Shift+6, you can set wanted parameter for support with own prices. New thermal scopes can be get by calling special crate.

Edited by SaOk

Haha, the second vehicle drop after you exit the helicopter is random isn't it?

I got a civilian box truck.

Its the FIA truck, I expected it to be more army like and just threw the classname there. I may put back the kamaz later. Still else I like those small trucks.

New 0.7 version of Whole Lotta Altis is here. AI issues should be now gone. Found out setfog was causing the issue. Hope the issue is now gone. New version in steam, dropbox and in armaholic and soon in MODDB too.

Edited by SaOk

Fancy cake! Youre awezome, SaOk! Great mission(s).

Tested Altis 0.7. Dropped off, got sniped. Next start. Dropped off, Entered the car, enemy heli blew up my team. Next start. Dropped off, got sniped, they also had a tank.

After ~8 tries - I managed to set up a base camp and the next tanks surprised me - I got the slight impression that the start might be a bit rough. No way to pick a fight, it always came over me.

I would love to see a more stealthier start, more emphasis on your own base during the game, and that the enemies feel less "randomly spawned" around me!

Keep up the great work! Cant await the next release!

Thanks, :)

I change the generating scripts to start after landing, that will give player more change to stay undetected. Good tactic is to keep team with hold fire, and be ready to drive in cover when using vehicles. There is various ways to deal enemy vehicles including creating guardpost with AT-launcher which make the second resistance task very easy.

I keep working on this. Just added OFP/ArmA1 soundtrack to the mission. Will prepare some new task(s) and cutscene(s) for tommorrow too.

i loved the mission, cant wait for future updates, i played through whole lotta stratis and i loved that as well, so keep up the good work!

Thanks, :) I added new task and cutscene to open US support. Also the soundtrack. Currently in steam workshop only. I prepare update soon to other places too.

Just dropping by to say that i love what Whole Lotta Stratis has become.

I've played it since the alpha of the game came out and it was one of the first big things to do in the game...

What it evolved into is just awesome.

Are there any plans for something like it once the game goes live and the whole map is available?

Hi SaOK. Not sure if this is the proper thread to report a bug. If not, where can I?

Thanks,

Whole Lotta Altis is actually already available as WIP-version. See the first post. :)

Bugs can be reported freely here or steam.

Thanks,

Whole Lotta Altis is actually already available as WIP-version. See the first post. :)

Bugs can be reported freely here or steam.

Thanks SaOk.

Seems to be a bug when buying a support vechicle. Specifically the Rearm HEMMT. It does not get generated in the world neither is available through radio menu. Meaning that HC responds "Negative".

I will check that again. I thought the support waypoint is buggy for certain support trucks, but need to see if I have the truck class wrong at the end.

Hey man any news on when the coop version for altis is out? :D

Edited by Mysterion36

Not yet, hope to start workin on it in week or two. Need to create some more tasks first.

ah ok, i tried to edit ur mission to make it coop, if thats fine if its not ill let it be :) but i just made some in my group playable will that cause any issues? this is just for me and my friend if its fine by you.

I like the possibility of a hot LZ, but I think the starting locations need to be tweaked. Sometimes the helicopter starts over land, when in reality I would think they would always try to be over land for the shortest amount of time possible. I also think they would gravitate towards less populated areas. When it drops me in the mountains I almost never have a problem fending off the tanks and apc's looking for me, (if they even find me), however when when I get dropped in a field with no cover, I usually get over run quickly (although it's kinda fun to lol). I'm on the fence about it even being a problem where it lands, as I said it can be fun even if doomed, but occasionally I'm getting dropped on that island in the north, and every now and then stuck in trees. Not a big problem, and I like the variety of starting positions, but I think they need to be tweaked a little. I wouldn't mind less variety of starting positions to start, but better chosen one's, but if it's possible being able to choose would be awesome even if it was a simple compass option like S/W, S, S/E etc., and the helicopter always starts over water towards land on that heading, then lands at the first suitable location. Since you choose the options already in route after it's loaded, I realize that would be a pain, so keeping it out of trees, and off islands works for me. I'm actually ok with being dropped on the island if it had a boat or a strider(striker? whatever they call it, the rebel one is amphibious.) drop.

Well sorry to say this, but yet some bugs :P.

-- The initial drop vehicles seem to have their marking smoke recycling and never ending.

-- Roadblocks appear from nowhere (lots of them).

-- Some units (soldiers) just get stuck and no 0-0-X can move them unless deleting them.

-- not really bug but the spawn of the construction HEMMT sometimes ends to be it;s destruction as well :) when spawning on solid objects or other units.

Sorry to bring those up....

Just started messing about with the Altis version, and i must say I absolutely love the way it starts out.

Especially the building your camp part.

I would love to see the construction aspect of this Scenario expanded with more options and choices. If its possible that is.

Shall we be able to build, support and rearm areas in the camps in some future version? Also an inventory box inside the camps would be great.

Thanks, :) I continue working on this.

Uploaded new version 0.75 for WLA. Dropbox-link Added earlier OFP/ArmA-soundtracks but currently disabled those, since I have difficulties with Steam Workshop (downloading not working and uploading have difficulties too).

Change Log:

-New task and cutscene to get US support

-Support for various optional addons (see the first post)

-More vehicles to buy

-Added backpack for player

-Other tweaks and small additions

Edit: Steam Workshop issue ticket to vote http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14440

Edited by SaOk

I can't figure out how to rotate the object used to construct a base. Am I just missing those instructions? Also can I rotate stuff like walls before I click the Move button cause if not the 2 seconds to move makes it kind hard. Would be best if the moving part could stay open unless one pressed a key or something.

Edited by Manzilla