Sign in to follow this  
d3lta

Arma 3 Alpha crashing with Radeons

I’m running it on my older A2 pc with a HD5850 2gb Toxic, runs great with lots of ultra settings, very smooth.

Im also running the dev version.

:)

Running Crossfired 6950's and havent had any crashing issues directly related to graphics card (both cards overclocked to 945/1400)

There is currently nothing wrong with their support of amd cards as far as I can see.

Are you able to post your crash logs?

If you are still getting continued crashes, here's what I can suggest.

My first suggestion is remove your 480 so you have only one gpu in your system.

Completely uninstall any and all drivers for your 480. Try using driver sweeper as well to get rid of the hidden things you normally can remove with just uninstalling.

Next you want to uninstall your AMD drivers, use their recently released utility to fully remove it http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

After a couple computer restarts, download the latest STABLE release (beta builds do work, but for arguments sake lets stick with stable to rule out possible driver faults)

Once installed open up catalyst control center and set all the options use the application settings. Now launch Arma 3 stable not dev, also verify your game cache.

Another thing you can try, is remove any and all overclocks you have done to your system temporarily. Return cpu, ram, and gpu back to stock settings (write down or otherwise save your previous settings so you can turn them back on)

If the game is still crashing I suggest you post your crash/error logs. If you are running windows 7, you can go into your start menu and type "event viewer" click on custom, then administrative events. It will keep a log of all your crashes, checking this after arma 3 crashes should produce an application crash log.

** Another thought, could it be possible your HDD is not as healthy as it once was? Download and run crystal disk info to check your HDD's health http://crystalmark.info/software/index-e.html

RuecanOnRails

* I use only one GPU by way.

* I remove all drivers and files always.

* Only Arma 3 crashes on my pc, neither other.

* Clocks of DCU2TOP are 1000/1400, is default.

* My game cache is ok

* The PC freezes completely, no CTRL-ALT-DEL, no ALT-TAB.

* I moved the game for another HDD and the problem backs again

* I installed Last driver 13.3b3 on Windows 8

* Freeze only occurs on Alfa stable, not dev version.

Event viewer log is:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
 <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
 <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
 <Level>2</Level> 
 <Task>100</Task> 
 <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
 <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-31T00:38:10.000000000Z" /> 
 <EventRecordID>31421</EventRecordID> 
 <Channel>Application</Channel> 
 <Computer>gpumaster</Computer> 
 <Security /> 
 </System>
- <EventData>
 <Data>arma3.exe</Data> 
 <Data>0.52.103.507</Data> 
 <Data>5151a2b6</Data> 
 <Data>arma3.exe</Data> 
 <Data>0.52.103.507</Data> 
 <Data>5151a2b6</Data> 
 <Data>c0000096</Data> 
 <Data>0000d04a</Data> 
 <Data>1668</Data> 
 <Data>01ce2da8037ad49f</Data> 
 <Data>M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe</Data> 
 <Data>M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe</Data> 
 <Data>42e4be29-999b-11e2-bef0-001fbc021f75</Data> 
 <Data /> 
 <Data /> 
 </EventData>
 </Event>

I will try to reinstall again. Thx for support.

Best regards.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

So I have a Radeon HD 6870 and I was getting game crashes every time I was joining multiplayer maps. Check and see if you have this error log in Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.5.102.571, time stamp: 0x512deb6a

Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.3.1, time stamp: 0x50f68ef3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000d6dd7

Faulting process id: 0x1234

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce1a76b9c8523d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

Report Id: be5fd70c-866a-11e2-be8b-1c6f654caf66

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

It seems there is something turned on by default for Nvidia cards perhaps that is messing with Radeon cards. I turned off FXAA and SMAA after reading the readme's in the Arma3 folder in steamapps. In there it says by default they are turned off but in game they are marked as on. As soon as I disabled both of those and set my graphics card to control them instead of application control I have been able to play with out any issues or crashing since. Idk how much this is an actual fix or just random luck. I maybe so totally wrong its not even funny. Feedback is appreciated cause if there is a definite fix I think we would all like it to be found.

Great.

I test a lot of videocard models, AMD and NVIDIA.

If I create a new profile, the problem fix?

Ps. See my freeze after to get in editor:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9664/crashdp.jpg (159 kB)

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

UPDATE:

I change to HD7970 again. I change graphics config of ARMA 3 to LOW and crashes stopped now.... I can to get in editor and multiplayer.

Test 1

======

I adjust to LOW QUALITY

Result : No crashes

Test 2

=======

I adjust to ULTRA but anti-aliasing (SMAA and FXAA off)

Result : Crash on multiplayer

Test 3

=======

I adjust to ULTRA SMAA Standard

Test 4

=======

I adjust to ULTRA FXAA Standard

What I do now?

=(

Edited by D3lta

Try flushing your Vram. Press Left shift plus the minus key on your numpad at the same time and then type the word flush

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

I have a hd5870 and no problems as of yet.

I will try to download all game from steam again....

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Try flushing your Vram. Press Left shift plus the minus key on your numpad at the same time and then type the word flush

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

I have a hd5870 and no problems as of yet.

I will try this.

Are you running any ASUS software? My 7970 has been perfect.No crashes. Its not a AMD or Bis issue.

Are you running any ASUS software? My 7970 has been perfect.No crashes. Its not a AMD or Bis issue.

No, only MSI-Afterburner and catalyst driver 13.3b.

No probs here with an Asus MB and cooler shit with Radeon 5850, for what it's worth,

Mick. :)

Test 5

=======

I adjust to LOW all settings but Textures (MAX)

Result : No crash, no problem on gameplay or editor.

I'm running ASUS software. Is there a problem with them?

hi

no problem here, I have HD 7970 GHz edition with 13.3beta3.

trying to install also: Catalyst_12.11_CAP2 :cool:

bye

More Tests

- Config to LOW specs

- Manually change features to ULTRA

- All tree effects with 2x

Result: No problema at now.

I installed a MSI 7870 couple weeks ago (was running GTX-460's in sli) had no issue first week second week started getting BSOD over and over. This is what i did to fix it after trying everything and not sure if it was even related to the card. I went from 12 gigs of ram down to 4 and haven't had an issue.

Finally...Someone who has my exact same problem.

Delta, since the games alpha release I've been getting the exact same issues as you. I also have a 2011 based i7 CPU and a ATI7970. I'm not sure if it helps but I'm also running an Asus Rampage IV Extreme.

I also get the Black screen or white screen lockup where I can only assume the VGA has locked up. Guys, you can't old tab out of it. You can't do anything but I can tell you that the whole system hasn't locked up because at one stage I was on skype with a friend while playing and it locked up and we were able to finish of our conversation. Since then I have done a few things. I have formatted my computer 4 times. Each time removing a little hardware. I've got the system down to 8gig of RAM, the 7970 and my systems hard drives. I've gone through all the graphic driver versions and nothing helps. I went to the dev build and it was more reliable but still crashed eventually and like Delta, if you lower the graphic settings the game seems to be much more stable but I have tried this recently as I've been formatting my computer constantly hoping that it was some strange piece of software that I have installed or too much RAM or some such.

I hope we can bring attention to this issue more than anything. For weeks I have thought I was the only one.

Hi zychion

I think that problem is a Bohemia miss. not my hardware or yours. HD7970 has a new architecture, but Arma3 uses very little power from card. Arma3 is a CPU-bound game yet.

I'm testing and testing trying to understand what option in config painel is freezing my game. This is a bug, I'm sure.

best regards

Test 6

======

- Config to LOW specs

- disable All tree effects and antialising

- Postprocessing to highquality

REsult : no Crashes

Test 7

======

- Config to LOW specs

- PIP to ultra, Lights to Ultra, HDR to Ultra, Aniso to Ultra

- PPAA to SMAA std

- enable All tree ATOC effects and antialising to 2x

Result : Crashes on editor, crashes on wasteland.

Test 8

======

- Config to ULTRA specs

- PPAA to SMAA std

- Result : no Crashes or freeze

I have a crash(freeze) when I active ATOC effects and postprocessing.

Dude, you are an absolute gem. I just did those settings as well and I was able to open the editor for the first time ever!!!

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

[/color]

Finally...Someone who has my exact same problem.

Delta, since the games alpha release I've been getting the exact same issues as you. I also have a 2011 based i7 CPU and a ATI7970. I'm not sure if it helps but I'm also running an Asus Rampage IV Extreme.

I also get the Black screen or white screen lockup where I can only assume the VGA has locked up. Guys, you can't old tab out of it. You can't do anything but I can tell you that the whole system hasn't locked up because at one stage I was on skype with a friend while playing and it locked up and we were able to finish of our conversation. Since then I have done a few things. I have formatted my computer 4 times. Each time removing a little hardware. I've got the system down to 8gig of RAM, the 7970 and my systems hard drives. I've gone through all the graphic driver versions and nothing helps. I went to the dev build and it was more reliable but still crashed eventually and like Delta, if you lower the graphic settings the game seems to be much more stable but I have tried this recently as I've been formatting my computer constantly hoping that it was some strange piece of software that I have installed or too much RAM or some such.

I hope we can bring attention to this issue more than anything. For weeks I have thought I was the only one.

Hi,

Do not give up, I would try to update the BIOS, and I would check your DDR (show less bold, but best latencies, or restart with factory settings.

've updated the chipset ...?

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Test 6

======

- Config to LOW specs

REsult : no Crashes

Test 7

======

- Config to LOW specs

- PIP to ultra, Lights to Ultra, HDR to Ultra, Aniso to Ultra

- PPAA to SMAA std

- enable All tree ATOC effects and antialising to 2x

Result : Crashes on editor, crashes on wasteland.

Test 8

======

- Config to ULTRA specs

- PPAA to SMAA std

- Result : no Crashes or freeze

I have a crash(freeze) when I active ATOC effects and postprocessing.

hi,

if you can help .... do not use MSAA. uses FXAA

If you use MSAA, disable AA

sorry .... but then, because you insist with MSAA??

quality is better (?), yes, but devourer.

The game is poorly optimized for ARMA 3 with the radeons. I have 2 radeon 7950 Frozr 3GB, and im stuck at 20fps. Its partial the games fault but amd has to step it up just how nvidia is constantly updating.

Ony guy from our group always had ArmA3 crash on startup. Lots of fiddling later he found that MSI Afterburner caused it, disabling Afterburner has ArmA3 start just fine.

Just for the record :)

The game is poorly optimized for ARMA 3 with the radeons. I have 2 radeon 7950 Frozr 3GB, and im stuck at 20fps. Its partial the games fault but amd has to step it up just how nvidia is constantly updating.

i got HIS 7970 Turbo and no issues at all, having 80-120fps on ultra with 2.5km viewrange 1080p. so i think it´s your fault but not the one of BIS. may the processor is the bottleneck on your system? I7 2700k @ 4.6ghz supporting my 7970.

@ burns: even run afterburner with activated osd and so on, even run 1150/1760mhz overclock really no single issue.

i think allmost all probs here are mostly fault off local system or user, only rendering performance bug i know is the one with the water(setting viewdistance 5km+ and over water causes heavy gpu load).

@ all

some infos on my config:

13.3 b3 catalyst

2.3.0 afterburner(waiting for 3.0)

in catalyst control center all settings stock

may some of you try it this way, cause no probs at all here(dev+nondev)

You are talking about FPS, FPS, FPS, FPS for graphics

You can have 3x7970 2xi7 or more ... if the server you are playing on is less than 15 fps, you will have twenty or thirty graphics fps max (if you are lucky)