Sign in to follow this  
oo para oo

Arma 3 Battle recorder

I am not sure if this is even possible, bf3 community has been asking for their version for months. It would be very cool indeed the ability to replay missions but from the enemy side or have a free cam to rematch would help players who play tactically to evaluate where things went wrong.

I also think it would help with Macinama videos on YouTube which is a massive selling tools. Is a battle recorder even possible? Would the scripting be too intense.

Thoughts?

:j:

• Like 1

like the Halo 3 replay feature ? tho it was on small maps

would be nice in my opinion but i wont have much use of it, personally.

I'd love to see some natively implemented tools that would allow easy free-cam use, set up dynamic angles etc. for screenshots and machinima. The community alternatives are really janky.

like the Halo 3 replay feature ? tho it was on small maps

would be nice in my opinion but i wont have much use of it, personally.

Just like in Halo 3 and World of Tanks, it would record only the movement data in a text file which the replay feature reads. At max, it'd be something around 10mbs

So it could be possible? Has there ever been a battle recorder for the arma series can't remember ever seeing one, being able to watch your self from say a helicam or view from your squad mates pov would be amazing for filmmakers.

So it could be possible? Has there ever been a battle recorder for the arma series can't remember ever seeing one, being able to watch your self from say a helicam or view from your squad mates pov would be amazing for filmmakers.

By all means, it is very possible. It's just that you have to convince the devs to put time into it. In my opinion it would be a massive advantage to marketing. Everyone likes to watch their best moments.

This is most definitely possible with the engine, as VBS has it implemented as After Action Review. As this is a VBS feature I think it will stay that way like a lot of other VBS exclusive features.

Just like in Halo 3 and World of Tanks, it would record only the movement data in a text file which the replay feature reads. At max, it'd be something around 10mbs

I think there are much more events and details going on in an arma game than in most other games, like all the bullet trajectories and such. Still, it wouldn't be too large.

I believe that VBS has a feature like this, so this is definitely possible in the Real Virtuality engine.

---------- Post added at 05:56 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

Here is a site detailing After Action Reviews in VBS2.

I wasn't expecting this for the alpha or beta, but there are some talented modders out there really surprised nobody has created a battle recorder yet, maybe it's not possible from the devs as you would get acsess to all the code?

There are already functions for capturing and the using as script of, for example Landings or manouvres that are impossible for AI.

Possibly a dumbed down version of the After Action Report already.

Great idea - Its possible in VBS. Hopefully it will be available in Arma 3, it was missed in Arma 2

There was a thread asking for this in ARMA2 and early days of ARMA3.

Yes, VBS has AAR (After Action Review)

It would be FANTASTIC to have this in ARMA3!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll just say that if its possible then we may see ARMA3 in a TV series ;)

Edited by EDcase

1+ :yeahthat:

I definitely support this idea. That would be :icon_dj: to have.

Please BI :pray: make it happen, on one way or the other.

Be ready to pay a lot of place for that, unless you are going to film ~15m...

Unless you convert it to .wmv

It would be FANTASTIC to have this in ARMA3!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Would love this.

Be ready to pay a lot of place for that, unless you are going to film ~15m...

Unless you convert it to .wmv

We're not talking about video recording. Anyone can already do that. How do you think all the videos of every arma game are on Youtube?

We're talking about recording all the events in the game, so that it can be recreated later and viewed from any perspective or graphical settings.

I definitely agree. GTA 4 for example, wouldn't be as cool nor as popular as it is, if it wasn't for it's replay editor.

Any more news about a recording tools ?

Or maybe the Arma 2 mod AAR is working on Arma 3 ?

It would be really great for moviemaker !

Replay features really help with a games popularity.

After playing Company of Heroes for years, I actually found myself watching replays as much as I played the game...