Sign in to follow this  
Sniper_Hog

Arma 3 Site update?

The entire site of Arma3.com is now unavailable and you are presented with a message "Intel Redacted, Check back soon"

Any ideas what might be coming here?

Release of alpha in a few days.

Any kind of information at this point would be great considering their original SITREP from december had stated some time in early january for the release of alpha again no fruition on that claim.

The entire site of Arma3.com is now unavailable and you are presented with a message "Intel Redacted, Check back soon"

Any ideas what might be coming here?

Release of alpha in a few days.

Any kind of information at this point would be great considering their original SITREP from december had stated some time in early january for the release of alpha again no fruition on that claim.

They just changed the name of the main island from Limnos to Altis. And so they have to modify the website to reflect the changes.

More info on the game coming this February.

https://www.facebook.com/arma3official

Least they could do is replace the untextured render shots with textured ones.

They will also might give it a new look,so I guess it will take a while before it is up again.

Chances are they will also change the history of the island to reflect it's fictional nature. So expect some information change as well.

ouch. Plan b it is.

i feel this is like giving in to those few b^$^&ds who caused all of this sh*^.... (* sorry, couldnt resist)

this actually renders the idea of a 'google-maps based mission-planning tool' to wishfull thinking.... DAMN

bye real world....

Edited by jerryhopper

this actually renders the idea of a 'google-maps based mission-planning tool' to wishfull thinking.... DAMN

bye real world....

Not trying to be a smartass, I just don't get what your point is :)

The name changed. Instead of Limnos it's Altis. No more changes has been confirmed. Google-maps will still function as a quite accurate in-game map I believe, if that's what you're thinking is gonna change. Have I missed something?

hah, I think their timeline pic on the Facebook page is against the TOS. You're not supposed to have any contact info on your main photo there. No links, no addresses, no phones, no "like" requests, etc...in other words nothing that would be considered sales spam (which includes website addresses unfortunately).

Reddit seems like a cesspool of noobs
Nah, Arma fans who just have a very, very different focus from the BI Arma 3 subforum. For example, the description of
:

"Last few guys on a TvT mission, all looking for the enemy. The OPFOR and BLURFOR men don't realize they are enemies however, and hilarity ensues."

Someone on Reddit however pointed out that at one point, Halo 3 was in the Steam database along with a bunch of stuff, so grain-of-salt applies re: what this means for the Arma 3 community alpha... I for one can vouch that the Japan-only 真・三國無雙6 with 猛將傳 (or "Dynasty Warriors 7 with Xtreme Legends" in English) got a Steam database entry by the middle of last year, and that ended up not amounting to anything.

It would be nice though if a Steam-specific Arma 3 alpha was "for testing whether we did a better Steam implementation this time than with Arma 2/OA/DLCs".

Actually Project Awesome is a really nice and laid back community. Don't see why you'd call them noobs.

Actually Project Awesome is a really nice and laid back community. Don't see why you'd call them noobs.
Exactly... or rather, they come off as not nearly as tense or "REALISM!!!1111!!1" as some forum members, though I don't mean Mr. Charles. :p

Heck, Something Awful goons are responsible for one of my favorite Arma lines ever:

Ground this is Air, my gunner has just ejected.
From their Games subforum's ACE thread (which seems to basically be their Arma 2 thread).

Still very skeptical that an Alpha is near... I expect 2 to 3 more months at least.
Based on Rocket's own remarks elsewhere about the DayZ standalone being already on Steam, it's possible that some of the files are already on Steam -- just not player accessible. :p

They are probably just incorporating and testing Steamworks functionalities.

They are probably just incorporating and testing Steamworks functionalities.

I hope this will never happen.